Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 911176 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #8760 on: May 27, 2015, 08:52:09 am »

I'm a little fuzzy on why some of those are at zero, I didn't compile the numbers myself.

Belgium has one of the highest GDP's in the world, when measured per capita.  But in raw values, they are somewhere around 25th in the world depending on who's list you're using.  Since there are only 16 council countries, it makes sense that they don't rate.  But I think the guy who made the list averaged together some neighboring countries?  There is no Benelux, so maybe he gave them to France? Not sure.

There are WAY more countries on the list (probably because they appear as soldier nationalities?) than exist on the geoscape, so maybe they have zero-values if they don't show up as a funding country?  Not sure here, either. 

Edits:  Here, this dude made the original list and explains his methods.  The numbers for the 16 funding countries include their various numbers.  Egypt, for example, represents the entire middle east.  http://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/33jdq1/lw_updated_realistic_country_funding_mod/

Also, he has an updated list on that link.

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: May 27, 2015, 11:36:03 am »

Any easy way to change that? If so, I'll probably be changing it to at least double or more the charges.

This is the tweak I used, based on a older version of LW but probably still valid:

Code: [Select]
Weapons=( strName="", iType=eItem_ArcThrower,               ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStun,       ABILITIES[1]=0,                            ABILITIES[2]=0,                     ABILITIES[3]=0,                  ABILITIES[4]=0,             ABILITIES[5]=0,             Properties[0]=eWP_AnyClass,   Properties[1]=eWP_NoReload,      Properties[2]=eWP_CantReact,     Properties[3]=eWP_Secondary, Properties[4]=eWP_Backpack,    Properties[5]=eWP_Pistol,        iDamage=0, iEnvironmentDamage=0, iRange=27, iReactionRange=30, iReactionAngle=200, iRadius=0, iCritical=0, iOffenseBonus=0, iSuppression=0, iSize=eItemSize_Small, iHPBonus=0, iWillBonus=0 )

iSuppression should do the ammo, in the format xxyy, where xx is shots WITH ammo conservation; yy is shots WITHOUT ammo conservation.  I suspect there may be some inherent problems with the Arc Thrower though, since it is based on an item and not a weapon, and items are more like grenades.  I haven't tried it, you may have to remove its ability to exist as an item and make it only a pistol rather than either/or.

Changing funding levels sounds amusing as well. I might be too tempted to let some regions burn...

I'll just leave this here then:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, this is a good resource:  http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Mods_(Long_War)

Thanks for the post as a whole but specially for the link. I'm interested in tweaking Long war (seriously, 7 days long for changing an aircraft's weapon system?), but never thougth info was so good or game was so moddable, this helps a lot.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: May 27, 2015, 11:55:55 am »

I'm interested in tweaking Long war (seriously, 7 days long for changing an aircraft's weapon system?), but never thougth info was so good or game was so moddable, this helps a lot.

Yep, these are the numbers I used.  Original LW numbers commented out with ; and my numbers following:

Code: [Select]
; The Hangar
;INTERCEPTOR_REPAIR_HOURS=600 ; Hours to repair an interceptor with 100% damage. Setting this below 75 reportedly induces buggy behavior. If you play with this anyway, and get the 0-days-to-repair bug, set to 700+ until the bugs go away.
;INTERCEPTOR_REARM_HOURS=168 ; Hours to add any alien-technology-based weapon
;INTERCEPTOR_TRANSFER_TIME=36 ; Hours to send interceptor to another continent

INTERCEPTOR_REPAIR_HOURS=336 ; Hours to repair an interceptor with 100% damage. Setting this below 75 reportedly induces buggy behavior. If you play with this anyway, and get the 0-days-to-repair bug, set to 700+ until the bugs go away.
INTERCEPTOR_REARM_HOURS=96 ; Hours to add any alien-technology-based weapon
INTERCEPTOR_TRANSFER_TIME=24 ; Hours to send interceptor to another continent

I think I lowered the repair time to be similar to the purchase time, but I might have left it a bit longer?  Can't remember.

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: May 27, 2015, 12:18:04 pm »

Your numbers seem much more sensible to me. I'm having a blast looking at every parameter of the configs, unexpected moddability feels so good.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: May 27, 2015, 12:21:08 pm »

@Advent/Apocalypse
I'd hit that.  Even if Advent is just a finished Apocalypse.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: May 27, 2015, 03:36:35 pm »

The ADVENT site has been getting more "hacked" over time, if you haven't noticed already.  One of the new lines - "THE CITIES ARE TRAPS" - seems to imply there may be more than one city involved.  Also, the "ADVENT gene therapy will free you from illness" image now flickers to reveal shadowy figures, but it's too quick to make out what they are.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: May 27, 2015, 06:36:27 pm »

And now we have a mp3 file that proclaims that "We are still here".  It also mentions refugees, so there might be some world disaster going on.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: May 27, 2015, 07:10:08 pm »

Definitely looks like it's getting updated daily. The "Prosper together" hacked image was there yesterday, along with "The ADVENT is lying to you. They want to subdue". Though today "and destroy us" was added to that. All three of the "Protect/Propagate/Prosper" thingies are hacked now. Also seems like the "Cities of Tomorrow" image is getting more hacked? Maybe there's another image in the "subverted" portions?

I'm pretty sure the mentioned "refugees" is one of two things. Number one is that it could be how the ADVENT guys refer to new citizens to make it seem like the world is in a horrible condition before being uplifted by them. Alternatively, it could be similar to Apocalypse - Earth is almost inhabitable except for few places, such as ADVENT cities. Hence refugees.
hype hype hype hype hype
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: May 27, 2015, 07:14:28 pm »

All is fine!

Join us at Advent!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:17 pm »

And 'Lets prosper together' seems to show some balaclava-wearing guys with pistols.
Unless the page didn't fully refresh, that's the same "riot-gear guys" we saw yesterday.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: May 27, 2015, 08:50:44 pm »

Earth being mostly uninhabitable is a point that doesn't make much sense, as that was a direct result of Terror From The Deep's ending in the original series. The only way to fit that in I can think of is the wreckage of the Temple Ship raining debris all over Earth immediately after the end of EU.

I think it will be more along the lines of inter-human or human-hybrid-machine conflict with alien tech in the interregnum causing enough harm to make the ADVENT cities necessary. Or just old-fashioned climate change, though elerium would make that an odd outcome.

Regardless, I think it is important to keep in mind the theme quote of Enemy Within, since it was never taken to its conclusion in that game:

Those Who Play With The Devil's Toys
Will Be Brought By Degrees
To Wield His Sword
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: May 27, 2015, 09:25:58 pm »

It's worth it to note that two of the people at the very bottom are listed as "MISSING", and that the "ADVENT CITIZENS" counter seems to be an on-going thing-- Maybe an unorthodox countdown to release?

EDIT: I didn't notice, but the missing citizens also had their text hacked, "we are still here." and "look for our signs." Shit, I bet somebody's running around spraypainting the XCOM shield on ADVENT buildings.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:41:34 pm by rabidgam3r »
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: May 27, 2015, 09:28:11 pm »

Yeah that was a bit disappointing about Enemy Within.  Despite the fact that aliens practically throw meld at humanity the entire game, for mysterious unexplained reasons, and it's freakin *nanites* we don't understand well enough to reverse-engineer, nothing bad ever comes from pumping our troops full of them.  Despite the name of the expansion, even.

... Yet.  That would be a great, very logical reveal:  "Hey, that free candy was drugged!  Idiots."

Heh, I bet there's a mod that makes gene-modded soldiers and MECs more vulnerable to psionic control.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: May 27, 2015, 09:33:52 pm »

The focus of Enemy Within ultimately was more on EXALT, though that also disappointed me. There should have been a third tier of Exalt, who use plasma and have gone full posthuman with gene, mech, and psi enhancement. We're talking "Bradford initially mistakes them for a new alien species" posthuman. All three tiers should have had interrogations, while the Elite and Exalted should have had autopsies. But alas.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: May 27, 2015, 10:07:29 pm »

Yeah that was a bit disappointing about Enemy Within.  Despite the fact that aliens practically throw meld at humanity the entire game, for mysterious unexplained reasons, and it's freakin *nanites* we don't understand well enough to reverse-engineer, nothing bad ever comes from pumping our troops full of them.  Despite the name of the expansion, even.

... Yet.  That would be a great, very logical reveal:  "Hey, that free candy was drugged!  Idiots."

Heh, I bet there's a mod that makes gene-modded soldiers and MECs more vulnerable to psionic control.
Another neat feature would have been making gene mods and MECS even more powerful, but they either start slowly dying, so they are only good for two or three months, or they slowly go insane, so when they panic more... fun, events occur.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 625