Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 911167 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #8805 on: May 29, 2015, 08:26:06 am »

As I've said elsewhere, my favorite Apoc moment is a long-forgotten LP where an X-Com craft accidentally bisected MarSec HQ while fighting random gangers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: May 29, 2015, 11:54:50 am »

Reddit confirms "Vigilo Confido".  XCOM Deux is a go!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:57:49 am by Remalle »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: May 29, 2015, 11:58:08 am »

Reddit confirms "Vigilo Confido".  XCOM Deux confirmed!
The link in reddit is this. Inside is a hidden link to here, but we've already seen this.

EDIT: the gene therapy part of the main site has changed to "OUR DOOM HAS ARRIVED".

I guess by E3 the site will be completely hacked.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:02:40 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: May 29, 2015, 12:04:30 pm »

What about those black letters in the LIES.htm page? G F I I O L I D ?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: May 29, 2015, 12:06:08 pm »

What about those black letters in the LIES.htm page? G F I I O L I D ?
Those letters, combined with the red letters in the PDF can be used to spell out VIGILO CONFIDO

EDIT: Now that we know for sure it's a new XCOM, should we make a new thread?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: May 29, 2015, 12:08:07 pm »

I KNEW those elements were suspicious!

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8812 on: May 29, 2015, 12:42:03 pm »

Now we can say the same things in two threads.
Heck yeah!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: May 29, 2015, 01:13:11 pm »

I'm an idiot, disregard this.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: June 02, 2015, 08:49:08 am »

I'm finally going to finish a LW campaign, probably when Beta 15e comes out.

I've got some sort of bug in my existing version 15 that I was playing a few months ago, I think I'm missing some tech unlock that I should have gotten earlier in the tech tree.  Not sure what went wrong.  Also my gene mod and psy soldiers seem bugged.

Anyway, I'm expecting 15e to probably be the last update, what with DeuceNeuCOM coming out in November.

In the interests of actually getting through it with my limited time, I intend to cheat like a dog.  Here are my thoughts, I'm soliciting suggestions and feedback, I want the tactical game to still be fun but significantly faster. 

Funding and base management:

- implement the realistic funding patch, more money to be made in first world and G8 countries.
- increase starting scientists and engineers, we're funding the xcom project for real this time
- increase facility adjacency multipliers (lab and workshop)
- increase sat and nexus tracking ability, there should be existing global ground station relays that can be retasked and/or timesliced to help with this...

Salvage:

- increase meld recovered from alien bodies by x10 (its really minuscule, this barely makes it noticeable..)
- increase meld canister levels by x5 (the aliens are intentionally feeding us meld, right?)
- increase weapon fragment drops
- increase alloy drops
- increase loot recovered from landed and crashed UFOs across the board

Soldiers:

- cheat up an initial 2 squads (12 soldiers) to top levels.  This is more like RainbowSix,with the worlds best special forces operators and not some crazy rookie circus. 
- increase the stat minimums for new recruits.  We should still be recruiting out of global special operations communities, not out of general armies.
- i want to nix the skill gain penalty for mec troops, but I'm leary of doing the hex editing.  the mod seems buggy enough without me tweaking undocumented features.  Any other way around this?
- considering tweaking the perk trees, but not sure if it is worth is.  Ideally, I'd set up my dream perk combos for each class type so I can just select down the middle for each soldier... but it might be more hassle to setup than its worth?  ideas?

- ** I read in the patch notes that the mods combined two perk effects.  I'd like to combine the *smoke and mirrors* with *grenadier* as it seems moronic that an engineer would be able to carry only an extra of some specific type of grenade.  I cant see quite how to do this though, perk effects dont appear to be modable in the defaultgamecore.ini

equipment:

- arc throwers as pistols, and increase their efficacy.  because... no reason, just lazy and impatient.

- i **want** to be able to give the extra ammo ability to /all/ kinds of special ammo.  The way I see it, if a soldier is loading a special kind of ammo then it replaces his normal ammo, it shouldn't have to take up a slot.  It looks like the extra ammo ability is hard-coded to only work with Hi Cap Mags (item 80), and I don't see a work around.  Any ideas?

- i **want** to be able to double the default number of grenades and missiles, but don't immediately see how

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: June 02, 2015, 09:17:55 am »

You want some bread with all dat cheese too? :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: June 02, 2015, 10:39:43 am »

Enemy Within is finally on sale at a good price, and I'm dirt broke. Guess I'll just start a new standard campaign. Should probably beat the game once before 2 comes out....

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: June 02, 2015, 11:12:25 am »

You want some bread with all dat cheese too? :P

fuck no, I put cheese on my cheese.  Sometimes with butter in between to make a little sammich.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: June 02, 2015, 11:19:00 am »

Man, that sale is sweet. Guess who's going to fails his exams now? :D

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: June 03, 2015, 11:37:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It so is!  It's not the only special animation, either.  (I think there's only one other, sadly, but it's pretty great too)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 625