Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn XI  (Read 9510 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn IX
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2012, 10:00:39 am »

Alexandre was slightly disappointed about the lack of street urchins and went back inside and asked to priest to lead him to the body.

Alexandre does a full observation of the body.

That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn IX
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2012, 11:21:59 am »

The Church

Regina steps forward and bows her head in a show of grief.

"A tragedy. What can you tell me about her when she was alive, Father?"

'Yes, yes, of course,' the priest says, swallowing audibly. 'I don't really know what to tell you. She was a sweet child, very sweet. Everyone liked her. The man who owns the Alehouse, Guntram, is... was her father. My assistant - the one I mentioned, who's stopped coming around - had his eyes on the girl, if you understand.'

He pauses. 'In fact...  could you perhaps spare some time to pay both of them a visit? I don't think they've taken her death very well. I'd be grateful if you let them know I am always here for them.'

While Regina converses with the priest, Alexandre and Aydin head downstairs to see the body.

The Church Cellar

The cellar turns out to be a low-ceilinged, dark space that seems to house a wall of wine shelves. It seems a bit excessive for sacrament. Otherwise, there are few small storage rooms, and a basic morgue or preparation room of some kind. The girl is there, under a sheet of stained cloth, which Alexandre pulls away to reveal a young, rather fine-looking - even in her current state - woman in a torn dress. The pair begin their examination, trying to be as respectful as possible.

[6+1=6] It doesn't take long for Alexandre to recognize the work.

The long, scraping cuts, the chunks of flesh torn apart and the draping surface wounds scattered across the girl's body make it plain. Alexandre can almost smell it on her. This is the work of a werewolf - and not just any werewolf - a young, inexperienced one, likely undergoing its first full moon.

[2+2=4] From what Alex can remember, young werewolves are still alternating between their human and wolf forms, the latter brought to the surface in the full moon. Their forms are as formidable as an adult werewolf's, but they fight their bestial natures subconsciously and are often clumsy and slow - atleast, when compared to the fully-grown ones.

This raises a troubling prospect. The werewolf might be one of the villagers, infection dormant until now. Or there might be a pack living the woods, with a newborn let loose at the village. Or, even more worryingly, it might be both.

The Bartelsberg Alehouse

Hippolyte and Viktor, drunk as they come, are approached by a thick-set woodsman after a while.

'Uhh... are you the ones who just arrived earlier today? There's something wrong with Jacques... err, your driver. Do you know what's happened to him?'

He points behind him to a corner table, where Jacques sits staring into his drink while another villager sits next to him, looking uncomfortable and continously glancing your way.

---

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Theifofdreams (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: vagel7 (click to show/hide)

---
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn X
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2012, 12:00:52 pm »

"What seems to be the problem?" asks Hippolyte as he rises from his place as steadily as he can. "Come, Viktor. Help me to my feet if I fall, will you? Splendid."

Head over to Jacques, see what the problem is, if it appears to be medical then politely order a strong coffee from the serving girl and attempt a diagnosis. Afterwards, head to my room for a lie down.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2012, 01:44:48 pm »

Regina continued on, in a level voice.

"I promise it shall be my next stop, father.

...now, about the bandit who did the deed.

Have there been any other significant crimes before this? Acts of theft...sabotage? Disappearances?

We need to establish if this was just a passing scoundrel...or maybe something more."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2012, 05:39:28 am »

"So much...wine."

Search the storage rooms for any thing of interest. Say a small prayer for the girl.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2012, 09:04:38 am »

I take it no-one else has anything to do? Hey, don't blame me for choosing to stick together. I'll update this later if no new actions arise.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2012, 02:38:58 pm »

I'd like to reaffirm my interest in this game, if it was believed to have waned. :P

This is, we're pretty much in investigation mode right now. Not everyone is interested in that part, though.

But, we already know it's probably a werewolf, or a pack of werewolves, so I believe we can get on with the action soon.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2012, 10:43:17 pm »

Reading and Waiting patiently here. Plot = Good.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2012, 09:26:56 am »

The Church

Regina continues on in a level voice.

"I promise it shall be my next stop, father.

...now, about the bandit who did the deed. Have there been any other significant crimes before this? Acts of theft...sabotage? Disappearances? We need to establish if this was just a passing scoundrel...or maybe something more."

The priest ponders this for a moment, stroking his beard.

'No... I don't think so. Why, do you think it could be something organized? A band of these evil men loose in the wilderness?' he asks, troubled by the prospect. 'Although,' he adds, frowning, 'we have lost some people out hunting and in a few unfortunate accidents, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.'

He smiles sheepishly. 'I'm sorry, but I don't really know how to assist the agents of the Emperor. I hope I've been of some use.'

The Church Cellar

Looking around, Aydin peers into the wine shelves, bemused by a man of the faith possessing such great quantities of this poison. Aydin doesn't have much experience with wines or alcohol - thank God! -but they don't seem in any way out of the ordinary. He soon leaves them and, moving quickly past the girl's body, studies the insides of the storage rooms. They've been long since overtaken by thick dust, but Aydin spots an ancient, stained glass bottle, with a hand-scrawled label identifying it as 'Holy Water'. It looks like something you could get out of a novelty shop, rather than any real article of the faith.

There are also various crucifixes and thick leather-bound books, including an ancient tome that appears to decipt the traditions of the 'Mohammetians'. Though he can't understand a word, Aydin can guess the gist of the book's claims from the rather horrifying images.

The Bartelsberg Alehouse

Hobbling over to Jacques, Hippolyte manages to spare some time to ask the serving girl for a coffee. He stands in front of the driver's table with wavering feet, attempting to focus on the task ahead of him.

"Well, what seems to be the problem here?" the good doctor demands in outrageously accented German. The woodsmen look at eachother, then at Jacques. The driver looks very familiar, and after a moment Hippolyte realizes he's in the same position as he was before the group approached him, slumped over the table, staring off into the distance with lifeless eyes, jaw hanging low. He doesn't react to any of the doctor's attempts to communicate with more than a grunt.

Even with a good fifteen minutes of (admittedly somewhat drunken) diagnosis and medical examination, Hippolyte finds nothing wrong with him, physically. It's possible his unstable mind finally cracked, either from some specific stimuli or just after the accumulated stresses of the journey here and the chaos of the inn.

---
Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Theifofdreams (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: vagel7 (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn XI
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2012, 10:42:53 am »

"It must be ze the terrible madness of the Woods! Viktor, let us head to the church and find our companions!"

Head to the church. Find our companions. Search for signs of madness.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2012, 02:37:30 pm »

Conceal a crucifix in my clothing, then head back upstairs...Scan the area for any marks and or damage.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2012, 02:43:36 pm »

Regina nods.

"Thank you father, you've been quite helpful.

If you happen to think of anything else later, I am more than willing to listen."

Action: Gather the party together again.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2012, 01:03:43 pm »

Check out the priest's supply of wine and then follow Regina.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]