Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 48210 times)

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 10:27:43 pm »

Continue doing this with the east path until something bad comes up.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:27:12 pm by Tersr »
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 10:29:02 pm »

"... could you provide some assistance, over? I could drop into that tent I screwed up."

If that doesn't work out, try to find a hidden passage up here.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:16:04 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 10:32:27 pm »

Yeah, time to show these scrubs how it's done! Or get pulled into the darkness and eaten by a grue.

Call "Hello?" at the darkness.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 1
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 11:14:09 pm »

Explore the western path, making sure not to pass under Derm on the way.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 11:23:16 pm »

Continue doing this until something bad comes up.

In a particular direction? You did make it through, you have options of West, East and kinda-sorta NE.

I've also added a soundtrack against my better judgement, and I'm really disappointed there is no metal cover of the LotHT Theme tune OR the Temple Run.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2012, 02:51:56 am »

Jog confidently kinda-sorta NE!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 12:37:36 am »

Waiting on Sinpwn at the moment- allow me to take this opportunity to say that everyone has 2 days to post an action after a turn goes up (probably more like 3 with the amount of crap I have to update, but I only guarantee 2!) If I don't get an excuse or an action by then, the turn goes up and you lose your action. If it happens twice in a row, you forfeit your spot.

Anywho, back to grue-statting I think I'll head to bed.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 07:39:40 am »

Get back to the complex and catch up with everyone.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 03:46:53 pm »

Posting to follow. I love the premise already, and this could be excellent.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 11:31:34 pm »

Turn 2
Pants are overrated

Get back to the complex and catch up with everyone.

[3]  Jimbo climbs out of the rainforest without too much trouble, and walks through the tunnel.

"... could you provide some assistance, over? I could drop into that tent I screwed up."

If that doesn't work out, try to find a hidden passage up here.

Derek, the whole reason we sent you kids into the ruins was because nobody else can. And you should really only say over when you're finished! Over.

[6] Derek searches the hell out of the tunnel roof! He doesn't find anything but lots of engravings of feathered serpents and other Mayincatec shenanigans, but his energetic searching does dislodge his pole! [6] Thinking quickly, he grabs one end of the pole and jams the other into the ground! After teetering a moment, Derek tips over and starts accelerating to the ground. Leaping off at the last moment, Derek deploys his skate-shoes and goes flying across the plaza, [5] but skids to a stop before he slams into a wall. That went surprisingly well!

Continue doing this with the east path until something bad comes up.

[4] Matthew cautiously walks to the East, and after a couple zigs and zags ends up in a broad plaza. In the center of the plaza is a dry fountain- or rather, it would be dry were it not slicked with blood. The bowl of the fountain is piled with the corpses of horses and men in red uniforms. The path continues North, and there appears to be a shadowy alleyway leading further East.

Explore the western path, making sure not to pass under Derm on the way.

[6] Carefully avoiding Derek's high-speed hijinks, Zach moves West. After an interminable amount of winding path closed on both sides by the tall, imposing buildings, Zach emerges into another round plaza. In the center of the plaza is a tree, its only fruit being bloated corpses adorned with an odd green cap. The path continues kinda-sorta Northwest, though Zach imagines he can catch a glimpse of the Temple through the windows of one of the buildings.

Jog confidently kinda-sorta NE!

[1] Kobosh jogs off towards the kinda-sorta NE, but accidentally deploys his left skate-shoe! He falls hard on the ground, tearing the seat of his pants! They really can't take much more of this kind of punishment...

Yeah, time to show these scrubs how it's done! Or get pulled into the darkness and eaten by a grue.

Call "Hello?" at the darkness.

...Hello?

[4] Mouse leans forward, interested by this new development. The light in the pit continues to grow brighter, when suddenly a cyan glow pulses out from the depths of the pit! The cyan light streaks out along previously hidden indentations in the wall, coursing like a river through stylized shapes and patterns. It pulses again, and again, faster- Mouse gets the impression of a great many human bodies near the bottom, farms and rivers above them, and a couple much larger humans above that grappling with great monsters!

The room suddenly feels much colder than before, and the gloom within seems to intensify even as the mysterious light source grows closer. Mouse doesn't so much hear as feel a great, deep grinding noise beneath him!

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Status- In the rainforest somewhere
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Status- Hanging from a pole atop the tunnel mouth
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Status- Successfully traversing the tunnel
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Status- Sheepishly catching up with Zach and Matt
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

IronyOwl- Mouse
Status- In those buildings you weren't supposed to go in
HP- 5/5
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Status- Also successfully traversing the tunnel, if a bit more flamboyantly
HP- 5/5
Status- Normal

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 2
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 11:47:24 pm »

Head deeper into the temple! Be wary of traps.

(A rudimentary map would help greatly in figuring out where there is to go.)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 12:03:43 am »

Three sixes and a five for Derm so far.

D:

If I can reach one of the bodies, snag one of those hats. Either way, head kinda-sorta northwest.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012, 03:24:33 am »

Rip my broken pants off, tie them round my head (in a way which lets me see), activate right skate shoe, and ZOOM off kinda-sorta NE!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012, 07:31:20 am »

Head northish!

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 04:46:54 pm »

Try to find anything useful on the bodies, if nothing is found take the latgest bone you can find out of the fountain.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12