Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 49049 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2012, 06:29:30 pm »

Oh hell. Uhhhhhhh. Curiosity vs Desire To Not Be Eaten, fighting once again.

...tell my wife son teddy bear? action figures! Yes, tell my action figures I love them.

Gaze into pit, trying to identify grinding. Be prepared to run.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 11:30:15 pm »

Apologies for the lateness, life's been catching up with me, and I with it. Show should be on the road shortly, but until then enjoy a map! A terrible terrible map.

Imagine more, prettier buildings and the Temple itself off the north side of it. Terser is by the Mounties, Gatleos is by the Berets, and IronyOwl is in a trap is in one of those buildings off the Tunnel Plaza. Everybody else is standing in the Tunnel Plaza.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2012, 12:15:37 am »

IronyOwl is in a trap is in one of those buildings off the Tunnel Plaza.
Definitely not in a trap, right monk?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2012, 12:43:26 am »

Silence, Akbar! I know what I'm dooAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2012, 12:07:39 am »

Turn 3
Who remembers Gak? I remember Gak.
Soundtrack- The Overture

Head northish!

[2]  Jimbo walks kinda-sorta Northeast, the narrow street twisting past the buildings. He shortly reaches a small plaza whose only notable feature is the half dozen black-clad corpses strewn about, their ancient Japanese weaponry lying at their sides. The path continues kinda-sorta Northwest.

Rip my broken pants off, tie them round my head (in a way which lets me see), activate right skate shoe, and ZOOM off kinda-sorta NE!

[2] Kobosh rips off his pants, revealing his Power Ranger underwear! Appropriately enough, Kobosh appears to be a Red Ranger fan. He tries to wrap the pant legs around his head, and after a bit of trial and error he gets a rough, scratchy Blue Jean Bandana. Kobosh then skates on ahead, catching up with Jimbo.

Head deeper into the temple! Be wary of traps.

(A rudimentary map would help greatly in figuring out where there is to go.)

[2] Derek decides that the kid without pants is a good leader, and follows him to the pile of corpses.

Try to find anything useful on the bodies, if nothing is found take the latgest bone you can find out of the fountain.

[6] Matthew searches the bodies! He is wise enough to ignore the guns (guns are dangerous!) but he does find a pretty nifty Swiss Arm Knife! Eagerly, he leans to check the other bodies, since it would be useful for everyone to have one of these- unfortunately, he overbalances and falls into the fountain!

These bodies have been lying in the sun for a solid day, at least. The net effect is as if you were to drop seventy-odd pounds of bony ten year old on a half dozen garbage bags of rancid, congealed tomato soup. Matt is rather shaken as he climbs out of the fountain.

Matthew! Matt! What happened, Matt? Over.
...I am on Double Dare, and this is Gak. I am on Double Dare, and this is Gak.
Matt, you already won one trip. You don't need to win another. Over.
I AM ON DOUBLE DARE, AND THIS IS GAK!

If I can reach one of the bodies, snag one of those hats. Either way, head kinda-sorta northwest.

[2] Despite his best efforts, Zach is unable to do more than jostle the bodies- he can't reach the sweet hats. Deciding to stay on the path, he heads kinda-sorta Northwest. After an interminable number of twists and turns, Zach emerges in yet another plaza. Most of this one is impassable, since there are several destroyed buildings and what appears to be the shattered remains of a military-grade helicopter. The path continues surprisingly straight to the Northeast, and appears to end directly before the Hidden Temple!

Oh hell. Uhhhhhhh. Curiosity vs Desire To Not Be Eaten, fighting once again.

...tell my wife son teddy bear? action figures! Yes, tell my action figures I love them.

Gaze into pit, trying to identify grinding. Be prepared to run.

[5] Mouse thinks fondly of his Jetpack Batman with Missile Launcher- sure, he lost the missile almost immediately, but he had some good times. At peace with his past, he screws up his courage and begins walking towards the edge of the pit. As he approaches, he can feel a cold wind rushing from the depths, and he becomes aware of an altogether lower-pitched rumble.

Peering over the edge, Mouse looks through a 3-foot passage and is surprised to see... the basement! Or rather, it used to be the basement, as now it appears that the floor is rising up to meet him. The walls are alight with that strange cyan light, although whatever designs that might have been there are now hidden by the rising floor as it eclipses them. Directly below the pit, Mouse can see a jagged half-medallion.

Suddenly, the grinding stops, and the floor drops! Only about a half foot, but still enough to make Mouse fall down. However, Mouse (and the rest of the room) begins to rise, pushed by the basement floor below! It is now grimly apparent why the windows are so narrow- whoever is trapped in this room will be crushed by the ceiling!

Spoiler: Helpful Diagram! (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Status- Ninjas!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Status- Admiring Kobosh's pantsless wisdom
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Status- Finding a destroyed helicopter
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Status- Feeling drafty
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

IronyOwl- Mouse
Status- Pondering crushy doom
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Status- Repressing the HELL out of this memory
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Drenched in... Gak.
[/quote]
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 3
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2012, 12:11:32 am »

Continue northwest and ignore corpse drenched man. Periodically poke everything in front of me with staff.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:15:12 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2012, 01:16:49 am »

What a colorfully original trap name, Monk.
Also: which Gak? (Is it odd I know of 2 of them, and a third which is a sound normally associated with the exact sort of situation Tersr is now experiencing?)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012, 01:52:15 am »

Eeeeeep.

But wait, does this mean that the amulet is now in an easy to reach location? How deep is the floor?

EDIT: Also, what is the former basement floor made of?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:53:52 am by IronyOwl »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2012, 03:27:51 am »

Search the bodies for something useful. Continue North-West-ish.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2012, 07:25:08 am »

Go north in a careful way.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2012, 10:01:25 am »

Loot the Ninjas. Loot them hard.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2012, 10:24:43 am »

Loot the Ninjas. Loot them hard.

What an awesome selection of words, and what an awesome way to assemble them.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 12:05:42 pm »

Eeeeeep.

But wait, does this mean that the amulet is now in an easy to reach location? How deep is the floor?

EDIT: Also, what is the former basement floor made of?

The ground level floor is three feet thick, apparently of one single slab of stone (a really damn BIG slab of stone.) The Pit is basically a 3x3x3 cube, with the half-medallion directly on the bottom- dropping in would be safe and easy, climbing back out would necessitate a Roll (what with you being ten and all.) The former basement floor appears to be made of the same material as the ground floor. The ceiling is made of crushy doom. The windows are quite narrow, but you are ten- you might be able to wriggle through before the rising floor shears you in half, at which point you have merely to survive a dozen-foot drop to the street below.

What a colorfully original trap name, Monk.
Also: which Gak? (Is it odd I know of 2 of them, and a third which is a sound normally associated with the exact sort of situation Tersr is now experiencing?)

Apparently, Double Dare officially named their slime Gak (according to TvTropes, who's word is as law here,) and I believe that went on to be marketed as the gooier Silly Putty knockoff you're probably thinking of. I remember I had some Gak as a kid- it was pretty unexciting. I may as well have called this RTD Roll to Relive Monk's Childhood! Don't be surprised if you find a big dog eating a Nerf ball later.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 05:27:31 pm »

I hope we'll encounter many more gak-like substances on our adventures.

Loot the helicopter! Also, check for any other paths branching off from the temple route.

I don't wanna get too far ahead and reach the temple alone.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2012, 07:46:58 pm »

Hm. A cunning predicament.

On the one hand, I want that amulet. On the other, I don't want to die. Why this is suddenly a concern when standing still in the Obvious Trap Room wasn't is a bit of a mystery, but perhaps I feel I've worn my luck thin enough.

Hm...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12