Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 48734 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 3
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2012, 04:13:49 am »

Apparently, Double Dare officially named their slime Gak (according to TvTropes, who's word is as law here,) and I believe that went on to be marketed as the gooier Silly Putty knockoff you're probably thinking of. I remember I had some Gak as a kid- it was pretty unexciting. I may as well have called this RTD Roll to Relive Monk's Childhood! Don't be surprised if you find a big dog eating a Nerf ball later.
I do remember there being such a Gak.
I am also aware of a Gak being a character in a work of fiction, albeit an undead one with a rather overly-ripe scent and a missing tongue, who could only say "Gak"; Hence the name. Not sure where it's from though...

Also, Ironyowl. You must use the Indy Ploy!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2012, 09:22:29 pm »

Actually, "Gak the undead with no tongue" sounds familiar too. Dang, now that's gonna bug me.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2012, 09:34:59 pm »

Apparently, Double Dare officially named their slime Gak (according to TvTropes, who's word is as law here,) and I believe that went on to be marketed as the gooier Silly Putty knockoff you're probably thinking of.
I do remember there being such a Gak.
So do I. It was a sort of goopy, slimy substance they sold in these star-shaped containers in Wal-Mart around the toy aisle. Damn. That must have been fifteen to twenty years ago... :\ Now I feel old again...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2012, 09:54:57 pm »

Now I feel old again...
Ye gods! Now we're old! NOOOOOOO!

And monk, it's been bugging the heck out of me since you mentioned Gak before. So I had to share.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2012, 11:11:25 pm »

Indy Ploy?

Also, while I know it's a waste I must flee. There's no time!

Get out of there now! Through the door, preferably.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2012, 11:22:25 pm »

Now I feel old again...
Ye gods! Now we're old! NOOOOOOO!

We're? :P Unless someone is 26 I'm the oldest person in this thread by a good margin.[/that horrible feeling when you realize the next oldest person in the thread is like four years younger than you]

Also, Irony. Out of consideration I'm spoilering the description rather than just linking to TVTropes:

Spoiler: Indy Ploy (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2012, 12:40:31 am »

Turn 4
Ninja gear is not a toy, children, no matter what Hasbro would like you to believe.
Soundtrack- The Overture

Loot the Ninjas. Loot them hard.

[5]  Jimbo loots like he's never looted before! Which, presumably, he hasn't, considering his age. In any event, he is smart enough to avoid the Katanas (which are to big for him to wield,) and the poisoned daggers and other sharp things (which would almost certainly kill him at some point,) in favor of a Grappling Hook (with 50' silk rope!) Jimbo sets the versatile infiltration tool in his backpack.

Search the bodies for something useful. Continue North-West-ish.

[1] Kobosh gleefully snatches at the exotic poisoned doodads Jimbo discards, and slices his finger! Uh-oh.

So, ah, Mr. Fogg... what exactly did those ninjas coat their weapons with? I cut myself. Over.
That depends- which ninja? Over.
Er... they all look the same to me. Over.
Racist. Well, since you aren't already dead, that narrows it down a bit. The ninjas didn't share the specifics, but the nonlethal poisons are guaranteed to be thoroughly incapacitating. Over.

Continue northwest and ignore corpse drenched man. Periodically poke everything in front of me with staff.

[6] Derek decides that the kid without pants is a terrible example to follow, and continues along the path, carefully probing for traps. He emerges in a smallish plaza- the buildings here are plastered with the parachutes (and hanging bodies) of soldiers. The path continues straight to the North, and appears to end at the Temple itself!

Go north in a careful way.

[2] Matthew decides to leave this plaza, and never speak of what occurred here again. Heading north, the path zigs and zags between the looming buildings before ultimately depositing him in another broad plaza. Although scorch marks and shattered paving stones bear testament to some heroic battle, no bodies remain to hint at what occurred here. The path continues in a straight line Northwest, and appears to end at the Temple itself!

Indy Ploy?

Also, while I know it's a waste I must flee. There's no time!

Get out of there now! Through the door, preferably.

[6] Mouse decides half a pendant isn't worth his neck, and flees! The rising floor has already cut off the doorway, but he hurls himself at one of the windows, determined to squeeze through before it is too late! Unexpectedly, his slight frame and excellent positioning causes Mouse to arc straight through the window with no catches or slowing down! It's a good thing he's so surprised, too, since it means he's fairly limp when he smacks into the paving stones of the street below. He avoids breaking any bones, but he's fairly bruised and scraped- in other words, ONE DAMAGE!

I hope we'll encounter many more gak-like substances on our adventures.

Loot the helicopter! Also, check for any other paths branching off from the temple route.

I don't wanna get too far ahead and reach the temple alone.

[2] Zach investigates the twisted hulk of the helicopter, but is unable to pry open the crazily melted doors to see if anything besides charred plastic survived the crash. Quickly bored, he slowly ambles toward the Temple, not wanting to arrive first. He notes that the buildings in this part of the complex are much more ornate, with intricate carvings and statues painted with vibrant colors, somehow untouched by centuries of wind and rain. There are no side passages worth investigating, although there are several open doorways to the interior of the buildings.

Despite his best efforts, Zach does indeed reach the Temple first. The Temple itself is a massive step pyramid, which looks much more imposing from here than atop Kirk Fogg's watchtower. At the very top of the pyramid is a massive carved Head, glowering down at the steps to the top. Around the base of the temple is a grassy field with low, thick trees, and the whole shebang is encircled by a broad moat- call it 20 feet wide.

Zach stops short of the moat, and looks back towards the rest of the complex. There are three paths leading here- besides the one he came from, he can see Derek down the middle path and Matthew down the left.

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Ninja-looting
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag(50' Silk Rope Grappling Hook), Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Wondering what these SEALS jumped out of
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Finding the damn moat bit
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Ill
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Poisoned

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Way the hell back at the Complex entrance.
HP- 4/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- Finding the boring plaza
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Drenched in... Gak.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2012, 01:14:58 am »

Indy Ploy?

The Indy Ploy is basically the premise that Plans A through D are as follows: Wing it; make it up as I go along; Cross that bridge when I come to it; and Put my head between my knees and kiss my ass goodbye. Some elaboration or fine tuning required.
Now, if you had a whip, I'd have encouraged you to go all out and whip it up.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 4
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2012, 01:23:55 am »

Onwards to the temple!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2012, 03:17:55 am »

We're? :P Unless someone is 26 I'm the oldest person in this thread by a good margin.[/that horrible feeling when you realize the next oldest person in the thread is like four years younger than you]

Heheheh nice try. But no.

Search the valiant ninja corpses for some form of antidote. If the poison seems to spread, chew off my arm!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2012, 05:36:01 am »

Plans A through D are as follows: Wing it; make it up as I go along; Cross that bridge when I come to it; and Put my head between my knees and kiss my ass goodbye.
*cough*dr.kondraki*cough*

Search for traps/tire swings around moat.

I hope the last of us to make it across this thing doesn't get their soul ripped out or something.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2012, 07:25:45 am »

Pole vault over the moat.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2012, 06:59:26 am »

Go Northwest!
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2012, 07:14:58 pm »

*cough*IRONYOWL*coughcough*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2012, 04:25:57 pm »

Sorry!

Examine crushy doom building to see what it does once I'm gone.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12