Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 48207 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 5
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2012, 12:18:16 am »

Are we talking Reptar the Magnificent here, or one of the others? (And fuck if I can remember all of them)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2012, 12:21:47 am »

REPTAR!
ON!
ICE!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2012, 04:36:39 am »

Oh gosh, sorry, long weekend. Hold on, posting.

Head to the cafeteria! I'm feeling peckish!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2012, 11:50:42 pm »

Turn 6
You'd think Mr. Fogg would have given you a boat or something. What a dick.
Soundtrack- The Overture

Use the grappling hook to swing over the moat.

[3] Jimbo looks for a place to grapple onto in order to swing across, but there is nowhere above the moat for his hook to anchor! Maybe if he built an artificial tree on this side of the moat, he could fling himself across that way!

Oh gosh, sorry, long weekend. Hold on, posting.

Head to the cafeteria! I'm feeling peckish!

[4] Ah, the cafeteria, with all the Lunchables and sushi you could want?

Kobosh looks around in confusion- apparently, he walked across the plaza and started looting another ninja while hallucinating! On the plus side, free sushi!

Find a better section to pole vault over.

[2] When all you have is a pole, all of your problems look like something to vault over! Unfortunately, the ground around the moat is the same all the way around- uneven old paving stones. Nothing that looks particularly helpful.

Step back into building. Wait for lights to begin, then step out and observe.

[4] Mouse steps inside the door, then, as the light show begins, steps back outside. His view of the special effects is limited due to his vantage point, but the bit he can see makes it look like the humans have some odd items they are using to ward off the monsters above them. Soon, his view of everything is obscured as the floor rises once more towards the ceiling. Poking his head inside, Mouse can see the floor rising above him, pushed by a big stone piston in the center of the room. Below is an unremarkable basement floor. Er, sub-basement floor? Something.

Soon enough, the trap resets once more.

Fashion a lasso out of various reeds and ferns, affix it to a tree branch, and swing over to the "tire" swings!

[3] Zach has little trouble finding various vines and reeds, and soon enough has an item that is almost, but not quite, a lasso. It can probably hold up his weight, for a minute anyway, and what's life without a little risk? At this point, Zach runs into the same problem as Jimbo- there are no trees or any other structures by the water's edge on this side of the moat.

Go to that bridge thats off screen, it's totally there.

[6] Matthew explores along the moat bank- the moat doesn't quite circle the entire Temple, running into the Mountain on the other side. The moat itself runs into a grated sewer of some kind, with the sheer mountain face rising up above the entire complex. The wall is natural, with no evidence of human hand, and is covered in moss.

Circling around to the other side, he finds a similar setup. Upon closer inspection, however, Matt's keen eye detects some irregular moss growth on the wall. Leaning in, Matt discovers slight hand and foot-holds in the mountain face, leading across the moat! Although, the more accurate term might be "finger and toe-holds," and even the slightest misstep or loss of concentration could mean disaster...

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Not finding any trees at the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag(50' Silk Rope Grappling Hook), Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Not finding purchase for his pole at the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Ripping up strange plants at the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Finding days-old sushi. Mmm.
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Sushi
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Figuring out this trap at the Complex Entrance
HP- 4/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- Finding a way across the Moat that OSHA would not approve of
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Drenched in... Gak.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2012, 12:04:09 am »

In retrospect, the mere fact that I had a walkie-talkie may have made this plan a valid idea. Oh well, you can never have too much confirmation I guess.

Walk into crushy doom room. When basement floor hits regular one, drop down into pit and duck down. Grab and pocket amulet, then wait for regular floor to drop nearly to normal position, then scramble out of both pit and doom room.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2012, 01:20:07 am »

Look for anything a rope could be tied into. Swing the grappling hook across and tie it taught, hope you like tightropes!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2012, 04:00:22 am »

Safely store sushi and head North!

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2012, 06:48:18 am »

Use the finger and toe holes, take off shoes.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2012, 07:59:50 am »

Start making a corpse bridge.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2012, 08:00:15 am »

Find a Rubber Tree of some kind, and use the reeds and ferns to fashion a crude catapult with which to fire myself over the moat!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2012, 02:21:37 pm »

Turn 7
I don't recall the Orange Iguanas winning very often.
Soundtrack- The Overture

Look for anything a rope could be tied into. Swing the grappling hook across and tie it taught, hope you like tightropes!

[4] Jimbo uncoils his 50' grappling hook rope. Figuring he needs about half of it to reach the other side, he starts looking for structures within 25' of the edge. Fortunately, he finds a building with a handy little monkey statue thing to tie his rope to!

Stepping to the edge of the moat, [1] Jimbo throws the grappling hook straight into the water! Whups. He tugs on the rope, but it appears that the hook caught on something beneath the surface.

Safely store sushi and head North!

[2] Kobosh carelessly tosses the sushi into his pack and heads North to the Moat.

Start making a corpse bridge.

[2] When all you have is a pile of corpses, every problem starts looking like something to throw bodies at! Derek passes Kobosh on his way back to the Ninjas, but finds that he isn't strong enough to move the bodies unaided.

In retrospect, the mere fact that I had a walkie-talkie may have made this plan a valid idea. Oh well, you can never have too much confirmation I guess.

Walk into crushy doom room. When basement floor hits regular one, drop down into pit and duck down. Grab and pocket amulet, then wait for regular floor to drop nearly to normal position, then scramble out of both pit and doom room.

[4] Mouse walks inside, to the edge of the pit. The light show starts again- it's rather pretty! How did the Mayincatec do it... ah well, mysteries and all. The horrible grinding starts up, and the basement floor starts to rise- once it hits the regular floor, Mouse drops down into the pit! He pockets the Half Pendant of Life!

Wisely, he waits in the pit as it rises to the ceiling- when it hits, he is safely tucked in a pocket o' pit! After an interminable moment of pitch blackness and cold stone, the floor begins to descend. Once it nears ground level, Mouse clambers out of the pit and runs outside to safety!

Find a Rubber Tree of some kind, and use the reeds and ferns to fashion a crude catapult with which to fire myself over the moat!

[1] A catapult? BRILLIANT! There don't appear to be any rubber trees around here, but Zach somehow knows that they are native to the Amazon rainforest, and so may be in the surrounding jungle! He wanders out into the jungle, looking for a rubber tree.

Zach, what are you doing? Over.
Well, Mr. Fogg, I'm gonna find a rubber tree and use it to launch myself over the moat!
I see. And how are you going to get it to the moat? Over.
Um...

Use the finger and toe holes, take off shoes.

[5] Matthew stows his Skate Shoes in his pack, and begins the treacherous crossing! Although the water below him churns with various flesh-eating nasties, Matt doesn't lose his cool and efficiently traverses to the other side. He has made it across the moat!

Great job, Orange Iguana! Now help those other dumb kids get across the moat. Over.

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Dropping his grappling hook in the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag(50' Silk Rope Grappling Hook), Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Discovering the true meaning of the phrase "Dead Weight"
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Wandering the jungle
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- At the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag(Sushi,) Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Securing a Half Pendant of Life! Whatever that does.
HP- 4/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- First across the moat!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Drenched in... Gak.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 7
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2012, 03:39:43 pm »

Bah.

Search the ninja pile for relevantly useful equipment. They're ninjas, they have to have something!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2012, 03:42:19 pm »

Like poisoned needles?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2012, 03:53:39 pm »

Yes.

Along with massive quantities of rope, shuriken, knives, and miscellanea stuff that ninjas have. maybe even a sword.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12