Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 49063 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 8
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2012, 06:24:01 pm »

Because iguanas are much cooler than jaguars, by definition?
Also less likely to maim and/or eat you, but that's a different matter.
At least jaguars aren't snakes though... (And now I've jinxed it.)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2012, 09:34:22 pm »

Turn 9
Let the good times roll!
Soundtrack- The Overture

Get across the moat and head towards the temple.

[6] Jimbo makes his way across the moat, easy as anything. Unfortunately, he must leave the grappling hook behind, since he has no way to untie it from this side of the moat. He heads through the line of trees and comes to an open area before the Temple itself. There is a tall staircase rising many feet into the air- each step is banded with a different color. Red, Silver, Orange, Green, Blue, and Purple, from bottom to top. At the very top of the staircase is what appears to be a giant Olmec Indian head.

Jimbo, you've reached the Steps of Knowledge. I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that the archaeologists have determined that this part of the Temple Run was mostly symbolic, as opposed to a true test of intellect. Over.
So what's the bad news?
That big head up there is going to ask you a question in Mayincatec. Nobody has spoken that language in over two thousand years. Over.
So what are we supposed to do? Er, over.
Well, as soon as somebody touches the stairs, Olmec will pose his question. If you fail to respond in a satisfactory manner, we know that Temple Guards will be dispatched to test your worth. If you answer correctly, or overcome the Guards, you'll be allowed into the Temple. I'd wait for everyone to be there before you do anything. Over.

Wait for some of the others to cross and look around for something useful. (It would be boring without the others)

[6] Doo dee doooo.... Not wanting to get too far ahead, Matt checks the ground for anything useful. He finds an old, stained Sketchers Skate Shoe, but that's it.

Carefully see how far round the temple I can walk to see if there's any hidden... things behind.

[6] Kobosh searches the Temple-side perimeter of the moat- it wraps around until it runs into the mountain. The Temple itself appears to be nestled right up by the mountain face as well. Nothing hidden, nothing exciting.

Quickly gain meta-knowledge and get across the tightrope! Charge toward the temple afterwards if turn-time allows it.

[5] Derek is suddenly aware that the moat is the easiest part of the challenge, and so heartened easily crosses the moat. He soon joins Jimbo before the Steps of Knowledge, but his recent metaknowledge nags him...

Mr. Fogg, shouldn't there be a Temple Games segment after the moat?
The archaeologists have discovered engravings that suggest that, before entry to the Temple, candidates competed in Temple Games for Pendants of Life, which could ward off Temple Guards and possibly possessed other attributes. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a priest to conduct such a game for over two thousand years. Over.
So what, were you just making up all the challenges on the show?
The previous season's winners found that, once inside the Temple, they could find Pendants in hidden locations or behind puzzles or other challenges, as well as other artifacts. They do not appear to be strictly necessary for advancement, but they do make it much more likely. I would advise you to acquire whatever such items you find.

Crap. Must be done.

Find serpent-decorated building. Enter it.

[2] Mouse searches the buildings near the Moat, but finds none with a predominantly serpent theme. Dang.

Hold my spear between my teeth and climb hand-over-hand over the moat!

[4] Returning to the moat, Zach tackles the obstacle with few problems, soon alighting on the other side of the moat.

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Before the Steps of Knowledge
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Also before the Steps of Knowledge
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole, Smoke Bombs x3
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Across the Moat!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso, Primitive Spear
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Across the moat!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag(Sushi,) Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- At the moat
HP- 4/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- First across the moat!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 9
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2012, 09:54:54 pm »

I have the feeling that because I didn't actually watch this show, I'm missing out on some info here.  Are these steps inside a building or are they just out in the open?

Search the immediate area for secret passageways, corridors, hidden supply caches, or loot.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2012, 09:58:33 pm »

Investigate the area around the steps until someone decides to try them.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2012, 10:10:03 pm »

I have the feeling that because I didn't actually watch this show, I'm missing out on some info here.  Are these steps inside a building or are they just out in the open?

Search the immediate area for secret passageways, corridors, hidden supply caches, or loot.

Just out in the open- they lead to the entrance to the Temple.

Short version of the show- 6 teams of 2 kids each try to cross a moat on tire swings, first 4 teams across advance. Then they hit the trivia portion of the show, where they have to answer general knowledge trivia about the shows myth. It was really easy, and 2 teams would advance from there. Final 2 teams compete in shenanigans to earn Pendants of Life, which are useful during the temple run- team with the most Pendants goes to the final round. The final round is the Temple Run, where they run through a ridiculous maze doing random crap, and if they get the quest artifact and get out in a set time period without being intercepted by Temple Guards they win a fabulous prize (e.g Space Camp.)

THAT SAID, this game is only very loosely based on the game show, so there won't be any "if you haven't seen the show you can't solve this puzzle" type things. Any questions about what you're doing, or why, can be directed back to your guide, Kirk Fogg.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2012, 10:21:25 pm »

Head towards and inside the temple, and put the shoes back on.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2012, 01:46:57 am »

Dang.

"Mr. Fogg, do the animal motifs have any meaning? These buildings seem to be decorated with them, over."

Cross moat, join companions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2012, 04:30:44 am »

"Whoa! Coloured steps! Or am I still randomly hallucinating? Probably. Sweet!"

Head to the steps, admire the steps and, if no one else does first, ascend the steps!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2012, 02:38:25 pm »

Stomp defiantly on the first step!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2012, 01:08:09 am »

Turn 10
Puzzle now, or prepare to fight!
Soundtrack- Is it Okay to Burn with Passion?

[1] Derek finds no secret passageways, corridors, hidden supply caches, or loot in the featureless grassy area before the Steps of Knowledge.

Investigate the area around the steps until someone decides to try them.

[1] Jimbo is unaware of Derek's search for secret passageways, corridors, hidden supply caches, or loot in the featureless grassy area before the Steps of Knowledge, and conducts his own search for secret passageways, corridors, hidden supply caches, or loot in the featureless grassy area before the Steps of Knowledge. Surprisingly, he finds nothing.

Head towards and inside the temple, and put the shoes back on.

[2] Matt hops toward the Steps of Knowledge, tugging his shoes back on in the process. Unfortunately, his hopping is not a particularly speedy mode of transportation, and it takes some time to arrive. Not that he could get inside yet, as there is clearly a big ol' gate at the top of the Steps of Knowledge.

Dang.

"Mr. Fogg, do the animal motifs have any meaning? These buildings seem to be decorated with them, over."

Cross moat, join companions.

Mr. Fogg, do the animal motifs have any meaning? These buildings seem to be decorated with them, over.
The archaeologists say that the animals seem to represent some kind of guardian spirit- some of the scientists believe that each spirit is associated with a particular South or Mesoamerican culture, but that is highly speculative. Over.
...so, no special significance then? Over.
Nothing particularly applicable to your mission, no. Over.

[3] Mouse starts to cross the rope hand over hand, but nearly slips and falls halfway across! He manages to catch himself, however, and firms his grip as he dangles over the suddenly frothing Moat o' Bitey Doom.

Stomp defiantly on the first step!

[2] Zach walks up to the Steps of Knowledge, but is way too tired from his sprint from the jungle to do much more than watch Kobosh.

"Whoa! Coloured steps! Or am I still randomly hallucinating? Probably. Sweet!"

Head to the steps, admire the steps and, if no one else does first, ascend the steps!

[6] Kobosh approaches the Steps of Knowledge, and after admiring the fine detail work he runs up the steps! As he steps on the first Red step, it lights up with a cyan glow! When he ascends to the second, Silver step, the first step flashes to red- each step Kobosh steps on turns red as well. The red light flows alongside the steps, up to the very top where it fills the eyes of the giant Olmec statue, which begins to speak!

Maligayang pagdating sa lumahok! Upang ipakita ang kanyang sariling lakas, kaya kami ay may isang ilaw na burn sa espiritu! Ang kalooban ng tao at!
Uh... Mr. Fogg, that didn't sound like a question to me. Over.
Question, commmand, whatever. Not like we know what he's saying anyway- you kids better get ready for trouble from up high, unless you have any bright ideas.

Now standing atop the Steps, Kobosh can see the old iron gate next to Olmec's head. Through the bars is only shadow.

Sinpwn- Jimbo
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Also before the Steps of Knowledge
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole, Smoke Bombs x3
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso, Primitive Spear
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Atop the Steps of Knowledge
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag(Sushi,) Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Dangling halfway across the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 10
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2012, 01:37:17 am »

Stand on the lowest step with my spear raised, keeping an eye out for trouble.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2012, 01:53:47 am »

Carefully shimmy across.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2012, 03:08:15 am »

Check the gate and the gate fittings extremely carefully for anything suspicious.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2012, 06:54:15 am »

Examine everything by the steps of knowledge.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2012, 07:13:21 am »

Climb to the head and attempt to push the ten ton rock down the steps or something.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12