Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 49024 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 10
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2012, 01:24:03 pm »

Currently waiting on... Sinpwn?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 10
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2012, 07:46:58 pm »

(Whoops, seems I missed the update.)
Stand on the top step.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2012, 01:52:05 am »

Turn 11
Aw, here it goes!
Soundtrack- Nikopol

Climb to the head and attempt to push the ten ton rock down the steps or something.

[4] Derek races up the steps, the green step flashing to blue, then back to red as he passes. He tries to wiggle the enormous Olmec head off the steps, but is unable to move the massive hunk of stone.

(Whoops, seems I missed the update.)
Stand on the top step.

[6] Jimbo ascends to the top step- as he steps upon it, the red light turns a steady blue. For some reason, he feels safer.

Examine everything by the steps of knowledge.

[4] Matt examines everything by the Steps of Knowledge. There's some rocks, and some grass, and a lot of moss, and mossy rocks. Rubbing away the moss on the sides of the steps, he finds the different team symbols written on them! From bottom to top, there are dancing Jaguars, a swarm of Snakes, one massive Iguana, a tree full of Monkeys, a jumping Barracuda, and a proud Parrot way up top.

Carefully shimmy across.

[5] Mouse very very carefully shimmys the rest of the way across the moat, dropping safely to the other side. The moat has been conquered!

Stand on the lowest step with my spear raised, keeping an eye out for trouble.

[2] Zach hops onto the lowest step, which remains red. Being ten years old, his attention quickly wanders.

Check the gate and the gate fittings extremely carefully for anything suspicious.

[1] Kobosh starts checking out the sewer grate, but he is distracted as rats run out! Startled, he can see a pair of glowing eyes approaching. Oh, no, it can't be- not here. It's...

Non! Pwouve valè yo atravè gad palè a!
...what?
Look alive, kids!

As Jimbo peers through the gate, he can see an imposing figure approaching, eerie red eyes glowing. Soon, it emerges from the shadows and is revealed as...

Spoiler: Kobosh Vision (click to show/hide)

Some kind of ancient pugil-stick wielding robot? Huh.

OOOOOOOOaaaauuughhh

The gate retracts into the floor with a great grinding noise- Kobosh staggers back as the Temple Guard exits the tunnel, towering above him!

Temple Guard
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Pugil Stick, Battle Armor
Abilities- Cannot be stopped by pain, hunger, sleep, or pity

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Atop the Steps of Knowledge
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Also atop the Steps of Knowledge
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole, Smoke Bombs x3
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- On the bottommost step
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso, Primitive Spear
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Facing Shredder in a sewer
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag(Sushi,) Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Across the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- Before the Steps of Knowledge
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: COMPLETELY UNRELATED (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 11
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2012, 01:59:59 am »

Run to steps, notice colors, markings, and teammates, jump onto second step.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2012, 02:01:07 am »

Flee! Flee down the steps! And across the moat if necessary!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:02:32 am by lawastooshort »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2012, 02:08:04 am »

Wow monk, that's a really nice drawing of a temple guard you made! I didn't know you could draw.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get onto blue step and brace myself for spear-related justice! PERHAPS LAWAS SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2012, 02:35:04 am »

Completely fail to comprehend the presence of the temple guardian in hopes that it will do likewise.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2012, 03:03:52 am »

Ok. Er. I will stand and fight, or something. I am open to suggestions, but usually more open to fleeing.

I will also get onto the red step and brace for impact! Offer it sushi if it might help.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:22:15 am by lawastooshort »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2012, 03:15:52 am »

Ok. Er. I will stand and fight, or something. I am open to suggestions, but usually more open to fleeing.

I will also get onto the blue step and brace for impact!
I was actually referring to the diagram Tersr found. *nudge nudge*

But it's your action.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2012, 03:24:17 am »

Arg!

I was clearly half asleep. I'll... er.

Normally, my special character class ability is fleeing hard, not solving puzzles!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:25:51 am by lawastooshort »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2012, 03:28:50 am »

I shared this with a buddy, and he agreed that this fantastically nostalgic, absurdly entertaining, and all in all a great read. Keep up the good work, monk12, and don't die team!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2012, 07:17:13 am »

Green step! Smoke bomb at the guard!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2012, 10:48:26 am »

Get on the Iguana step.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2012, 03:22:15 pm »

monk12 cancels Update: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Once I get the "new version binge" out of my system, we'll be back on track.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2012, 10:26:07 pm »

Turn 12
Where were we? Oh right boss battle.
Soundtrack- Nikopol

Green step! Smoke bomb at the guard!

[6] Derek almost trips as he runs back down to the green step- the red glow turns blue as he skitters to a halt! Spinning, he hurls a smoke bomb at the Temple Guard, [6]vs[4] nailing it in the face! The smoke bomb begins violently emitting smoke on impact, shrouding the robot- and the rest of the steps- in thick, red-tinged smoke!

Completely fail to comprehend the presence of the temple guardian in hopes that it will do likewise.

[3] Jimbo hides himself on a corner of his step, hoping to remain out of the definitely-not-a-two-thousand-year-old-robot's way.

Get on the Iguana step.

[2] Matt runs around and starts ascending the Steps of Knowledge, but now the steps are shrouded in a dense smoke! The Iguana one was fourth, right? Right?

Matt, this is the green step. Green!
Uh-oh.

Run to steps, notice colors, markings, and teammates, jump onto second step.

[5] Mouse races to the Steps of Knowledge. Quickly, he takes in the robot, the colored steps, and his teammates actions, and jumps up to the second silver step before it is shrouded in smoke! The red glow surrounding it turns blue!

Get onto blue step and brace myself for spear-related justice! PERHAPS LAWAS SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT

[6] Zach races up the steps, finding the blue step by memory even though it is now shrouded in smoke! The red glow surrounding it turns blue as he readies his primitive spear!

I will also get onto the red step and brace for impact! Offer it sushi if it might help.

[5] Shredder begins advancing towards, Kobosh, and Kobosh turns to flee!
Kobosh, wait!
Leonardo? Is that you?
We can beat him, we just have to work together! Get on the red step!
What? What are you talking about?
I said, get on the red step! It has a jaguar on it, geez!
Oh. Alright.

Kobosh gets on the red step, and the red glow turns blue!

There is a moment of silence as our contestants try to detect the robot in the mist. Suddenly, it descends from the sky, landing on the fourth step! The robot strikes at Derek with one end of its pugil stick, [5]vs[4]+2 but the blow is warded by a flash of blue energy from the steps! Repulsed by the crackling energy, the robot swivels at the waist to swing at Matt, [5]vs[2] and the pugil stick catches him in the gut, lifting him off his feet and propelling him bodily down the stairs! Matt lands in a crumpled heap, taking THREE damage!

Temple Guard
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Pugil Stick, Battle Armor
Abilities- Cannot be stopped by pain, hunger, sleep, or pity

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Purple step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Green step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole, Smoke Bombs x3
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Blue step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso, Primitive Spear
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Red step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag(Sushi,) Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Silver step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- Falling down the stairs
HP- 2/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12