Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 48797 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 11
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2012, 10:40:03 pm »

Wack it with the staff!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2012, 10:40:33 pm »

Regain standing and Calmly walk away RUN!
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:00 pm »

Shout to distract it! Not into attacking me, gods no, just creating more noise to split its attention.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2012, 11:40:10 pm »

Try to rewire my walkie-talkie to interfere with the robot's targeting systems, because I obviously know how to do that do that.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 12
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2012, 04:26:41 am »

Ram my sushi into an electronically vulnerable area to scramble the robot's systems!

The high water content should cause a critical short circuit.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2012, 04:51:22 am »

Incidentally, I laugh whenever I see that thing's special ability.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2012, 10:20:21 am »

Spear thrust to the leg!

Aww man, no one likes Leonardo.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #157 on: February 29, 2012, 01:02:23 am »

Turn 13
Luck is not an attribute commonly associated with robots of any sort.
Soundtrack- Nikopol

Try to rewire my walkie-talkie to interfere with the robot's targeting systems, because I obviously know how to do that do that.

[3] Jimbo smacks his Motorola Walkie-Talkie against a rock, dislodging the plastic that covers the sweet sweet wiry goodness inside and voiding the warranty in the worst sort of way! Being ten years old, underequipped, and not-a-genius, Jimbo elects to just start crossing wires at random. For good measure, he then cracks the assembly across the step he is standing on, and notes with interest as a blue spark seems to jump to the antenna!

Satisfied with his work, he points the modified Walkie-Talkie at the robot and presses the transmit button! However, he is rewarded with nothing more than a blast of strange white noise. Disappointing. However, as the robot moves about Jimbo realizes that the intensity of the white noise changes with it- it seems this device can detect the proximity of a Temple Guardian! Quite useful- just not at the moment.

Wack it with the staff!

Derek awkwardly lifts his 10' pole and swings it like a baseball bat- as he does so, blue energy from his step seems to wrap around the pole! [4]+2vs[1]+2 The robot lifts an arm to block, but the blue energy seems to bypass the battle armor, amplifying the force of Derek's blow! There is an audible crunch accompanied by a shower of sparks and tiny stone mechanisms as the pole strikes, dealing three damage and crippling the function of the arm! The robot takes a -1 penalty to attack rolls!

Regain standing and Calmly walk away RUN!

[6] Matt weakly regains feet at the base of the steps, cradling his aching ribs. Above him, shouts ring out and sparks flash in the smoke as the robot does battle with his companions, implacable red eyes always returning to Matt's exposed position.

Balls to this!

Matt runs back to the Moat, and quickly crosses back to the far side. Then for good measure, he unties the grappling hook and throws it to the other side. Ancient stone robots fueled by God-knows-what can't swim, right? Right? ...guys?

Matt, what are you doing!?! The fight's the other way!
THIS ISN'T SPACE CAMP AT ALL!

Shout to distract it! Not into attacking me, gods no, just creating more noise to split its attention.

[4] Mouse knows he must help his compatriots, but also knows he cannot risk leaving his safe step and its protective field. Lacking any kind of ranged weapon, he resorts to that most reliable weapon in the arsenal of any ten year old- inane insults.

Hey you! Buttface! You have the face of a butt! That's right, I'm talking to you Robotnik!  Yeah, why don't you go fight a talking blue hedgehog and learn valuable lessons about friendship and conservationism!

This unexpectedly aggressive assault of aural input is sufficient to distract the Temple Guard for a brief moment- for the briefest instant, the robot fixes Mouse with cold, red eyes, and for that barest of pauses it fails to see behind him...

Spear thrust to the leg!

Aww man, no one likes Leonardo.

...where Zach, being only one step higher and well within melee range, is waiting on the edge of his step to strike! As quick as his patron animal, Zach lashes out with his spear, blue energy coalescing at its tip! [5]+2-1vs[2]+2 Zach's impeccable accuracy guides the speartip to a chink in the Robot's armor, and the crude weapon bites deep! A muffled pop is joined by another shower of tiny stone mechanisms as the blue energy from the speartip crackles around the Temple Guardian's left leg, immobilizing it! The Guard takes 2 damage and suffers a -1 penalty to dodge rolls!

Ram my sushi into an electronically vulnerable area to scramble the robot's systems!

The high water content should cause a critical short circuit.

Kobosh sees the Temple Guard weakening, and decides that now is the time to strike! He leaves the safety of his step, charging up to the robot while brandishing his Spoiled Sushi threateningly! [4]-1vs[1]-1 Although he lacks the energy-boosts of his companions, the Guardian's Battle Armor was not designed to guard against a sneak Sushi attack, and Kobosh slaps the robot right in the faceplate with his spoiled supper! Rice and funky fish fly, and more than a little winds up lodged in the robot's eyeholes. There isn't the sparking and malfunctioning one might expect of an electric robot, but the Guardian surely can't see for its next turn!

Although damaged and debuffed, the Temple Guard lacks much in the way of self-preservation and continues its assault! It twirls, bringing its pugil stick down on Zach, [6]-1vs[3]+2 and the energy of the step is just barely enough to absorb the Guard's weakened blow. The robot reverses thrust to strike back at Kobosh, [4]-1vs[4] but Kobosh leaps down a step to safety!

Temple Guard
HP- 5/10
Inventory- Pugil Stick, Battle Armor
Abilities- Cannot be stopped by pain, hunger, sleep, or pity
Status- Disabled Arm, Disabled Leg

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Purple step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie(Warranty Void)
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Green step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole, Smoke Bombs x3
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Blue step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso, Primitive Spear
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Orange step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Silver step!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- Other side of the Moat!
HP- 2/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 13
« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2012, 03:17:50 am »

"Oh noe! My bestest weapon, gone! And for what?!"

Kobosh leaps back onto the step he was on before - his step of mystic energy! - and unsheathes his Eastpac travel bag. He leaps up and smacks the robobeast in the eyes, shattering the eye and tearing the er robobrain!

Am I still randomly hallucinating? If so, please edit "Eastpac travel bag" in the above action so that it in fact reads "enormous antirobotic ninja deathsword!"

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2012, 06:51:57 am »

Child, Heal thyself!
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2012, 07:39:24 am »

Jimbo throws his shoes at the vile fiend.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 29, 2012, 07:51:28 am »

"Holy shit, I have a lightsaber!"

"Eat hot plasma you douche!" Swing staff again.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 29, 2012, 02:56:47 pm »

Steal Pugil Stick!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2012, 02:36:26 pm »

Stab the Temple Guardian with all my might while loosing the primal war cry of the ten-year-old!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2012, 12:20:28 am »

Turn 14
Jimbo uses Shoe Attack!
Soundtrack- Nikopol

Jimbo throws his shoes at the vile fiend.

Jimbo examines his situation- on the one hand, he must enter the struggle now, while the Temple Guard is weak. On the other hand, Step Kid's afraid to leave his step, and he lacks a ranged weapon. Wise beyond his years, Jimbo realizes that any weapon is a ranged weapon if you chuck it hard enough!

Shucking off his shoes, Jimbo lines up a shot- as he does so, blue energy coalesces about the skate! He throws! [6]+2vs[6]+2-1 Jimbo's aim is true- the robot spins, trying to swat the shoe out of the air, but is slowed by its disabled leg! The pugil stick deflects the blow away from its head, and the Sketchers Skate Shoe strikes the Temple Guard in the shoulder, showering sparks of blue and red energy off the body armor! The Temple Guard takes One Damage!

Jimbo quickly throws his other shoe, [1] but his other shoe is well high of the robot, and disappears into the slowly thinning smoke.

Steal Pugil Stick!

Mouse sees his opening, and races up the steps to the beleaguered robot! As the Temple Guard twists away from the second shoe, Mouse reaches out and snatches at the Pugil Stick!

[6]vs[1]

Yoink!

Mouse easily relieves the robot of his Pugil Stick! He staggers back under the surprising weight of the weapon- it's a bit too large and unwieldy for a ten year old to swing with any strength, but Mouse can still take advantage of the multiple attacks it gives him!

"Oh noe! My bestest weapon, gone! And for what?!"

Kobosh leaps back onto the step he was on before - his step of mystic energy! - and unsheathes his Eastpac travel bag. He leaps up and smacks the robobeast in the eyes, shattering the eye and tearing the er robobrain!

Am I still randomly hallucinating? If so, please edit "Eastpac travel bag" in the above action so that it in fact reads "enormous antirobotic ninja deathsword!"

Oh noe! My bestest weapon, gone! And for what?!

Kobosh retreats to his step at the bottom of the Steps of Knowledge, and takes his backpack off, giving it a few experimental swings. He rather wishes he were hallucinating an enormous anti-robotic ninja deathsword to give him some confidence, but unfortunately it appears that random hallucinations do not kick in at will. Oh well, he can always pretend.

Kobosh eyes the distance to the Temple Guard- the robot is standing on the Green step, 3 broad steps higher than Kobosh's base Red step. But, if Kobosh CAN leap the intervening distance his strike should be empowered by his step. Even as he thinks of bludgeoning the robot with his Eastpac Travel Bag, it begins to glow with blue energy. Alright! An attack it is!

Standing on the very edge of his step, Kobosh takes as much of a running start as he can muster and leaps into the air, his Eastpac Travel Bag blazing! [2] Unfortunately, he only makes it up one step. Nuts.

Child, Heal thyself!

[5] Matt finds himself relatively secure, and takes a seat on the dusty paving stones of the Temple Complex. Soon enough, he feels his wind return, and his various aches and pains fade away, although his ribs still feel a bit bruised. He regains 2 Hitpoints!

"Holy shit, I have a lightsaber!"

"Eat hot plasma you douche!" Swing staff again.

Holy crap, I have a lightsaber!

Derek briefly entertains the notion of a Star Wars film where the protagonist is a ten year old. That movie would be awesome! He could race sweet space cars, and hang out with R2D2 and Threepio, and make friends with funny looking animals, and become a Jedi! Best movie ever!

Emboldened by his fantasy and his recent success, Derek winds up another staff-powered haymaker!

Eat hot plasma you jerkface!

[3]+2vs[1]+2-1 The robot attempts to block with the same arm as before, but once again Derek's blow strikes with unnatural force! The forearm is severed entirely, and red energy flows from the stump, dissipating in the air! The robot takes an additional -1 penalty to attack rolls and Three Damage!

Stab the Temple Guardian with all my might while loosing the primal war cry of the ten-year-old!

Zach wastes no time, and readies his spear for the killing blow!

Circle Circle, Dot Dot, time to get your...  8) Booty Shot!

[6]+2vs[5]+2-1 Zach's aim is true, the Temple Guard too slow, and the crude spear strikes the ancient robot in the head, smashing in the construct's face, and the severed part flies off in an arc!

The Temple Guard has been struck down!

The body crumples, falling down the steps. The body armor shatters into a peculiar assortment of curves and semicircles. Zach holds up one attached to a blue leather thong, examining it curiously.

Congratulations! You defeated that adversary with many fewer severed limbs than the previous contestants- you may well be the ones to complete the Temple Run. What you hold in your hand is a Half Pendant of Life- you'll find other halves within the Temple itself. They're all color coded, so you can't just hoard up on them- you'll have to split them evenly. Over.
What about the half-pendant I already got, Mr. Fogg? Over.
What? When did you get a half-pendant!?!
I found it in that Crushy Doom room you said not to go in. Over.
Huh. Well then! Is the leather thong colored in any way? Over.
Um... nope, doesn't look that way. Over.
Then Congratulations, Mouse, you've got a Full Pendant of Life. We know for a fact that merely touching a Temple Guardian with a Full Pendant will disable it, although it will destroy your pendant as well. We also have reason to believe that the Pendants may have some other purpose, perhaps as keys or other important items. Over.

Everyone gets their half-pendants, and Mouse joins his two halves- they merge seamlessly, as though they were always one whole pendant. Fully assembled, the graven image appears to resemble Olmec, the giant talking stone statue head who now lies quiescent atop the Steps of Knowledge. The Pendant pulses once with a bright blue glow, then settles to the faintest of color in the eyes.

Alright kids, here's where things get interesting. The path to the Temple lies open, and you can now enter the maze of chambers, each with unique traps, challenges, and rewards. Your goal, once again, is to find the innermost chamber- it is very important you do not fail. Once you enter the Temple, describe the room to me and I will give you any information I can. Over.
If you've sent people into the Temple before, can't you just tell us what we'll be facing? Over.
Negative, Derek. The layout of the Temple shifts. Over.
Shifts? What do you mean, shifts? Over.
I mean it does not remain constant, Matthew. The rooms appear to move about, changing their positions, connections, and even details of their contents. The technology required to accomplish such a feat appears to be well beyond the Mayincatec, but then, so does the autonomous defensive robots. Understanding that technology is one of the reasons it is imperative you do not fail in your mission. Over.

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Critical Hit!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag, Motorola Walkie-Talkie(Warranty Void), Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Star Wars theme!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole, Smoke Bombs x3, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Victory Dance!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso, Primitive Spear, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Not hallucinating! ...at the moment.
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Loot get!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Pugil Stick, Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- Healing dance!
HP- 4/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12