Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 49080 times)

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 13
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2012, 12:24:52 am »

Equip knife and head back to the temple.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 13
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2012, 12:25:53 am »

Retrieve shoes and head into the temple.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 14
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2012, 01:10:05 am »

Tear the longest strip of cloth I can out of the thong and fashion it into a bandana as I make my way through the temple entrance.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2012, 01:10:41 am »

Skate ahead of everyone else and pole tap the floors and ceiling and such for traps.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2012, 03:41:43 am »

Retrieve sushi and skate into the temple.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2012, 01:49:21 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Enter temple via swagger.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2012, 12:54:26 am »

Turn 15
Gargoyles? Gargoyles.
Soundtrack- Gargoyles Theme

Retrieve shoes and head into the temple.

[5] Jimbo pulls his left Skate Shoe from the remains of the Temple Guard, and after a moment of searching finds his right Skate Shoe! He heads into the Hidden Temple!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Enter temple via swagger.

[3] There's only one thing to do at a time like this.

Strut.

Mouse enters the Hidden Temple!

Retrieve sushi and skate into the temple.

[4] Although the sushi is rather smeared and splattered, Kobosh manages to scrape a solid handful of the mush into a leaf and wraps it up.

Kobosh skates into the Hidden Temple!

Equip knife and head back to the temple.

[6] Matt effortlessly crosses the moat via the wall handholds, and quickly rejoins his companions, knife at the ready!

He enters the Hidden Temple!

Tear the longest strip of cloth I can out of the thong and fashion it into a bandana as I make my way through the temple entrance.

[1] Zach completely and utterly destroys the leather thong! With some small measure of chagrin, he pockets the half pendant and enters the Hidden Temple!

Skate ahead of everyone else and pole tap the floors and ceiling and such for traps.

[2] Derek skates forward and quickly stumbles on the rough cobblestones of the temple entrance! It takes him a moment to deactivate the Skate portion of the Skate Shoes, and as a result he is near the back of the pack as everyone enters the Hidden Temple!

Past the gate, the tunnel narrows considerably, illuminated only by faint red light glowing from the ceiling and floor. The contestants proceed single file through the winding, twisting path, before ultimately entering an expansive chamber. Far away from the light of day, this room is darker than even the tunnel- the floor is lit by the dim red glow, and the ceiling is lost in shadows. Dozens of figures are barely discernible in the gloom, along the floor and perched on narrow ledges up the walls- the faces of half man, half monster statues, bodies contorted in a mockery of life.

High on the opposite wall, nearly at the ceiling, there is one bright spot of light- a trident-shaped staff that shines brilliantly in the dark, casting long shadows on the nearby statues. Below it, there is another Olmec head embedded in the wall, its eyes dark and dead. Below him is a massive stone door, with no visible handles or markings.

Alright kids, what do you see? Over.
Well, Mr. Fogg, it appears to be a big dark room full of weird looking statues.
Dammit, nobody's ever made it past this room! Why did it have to be first... alright, Kids? You are in the Room of the Three Gargoyles.
There's a lot more than Three gargoyles in here, Mr. Fogg. Over.
True enough, but you only have to worry about three of them. If you press on the tongues of the correct three gargoyles, the path to the next room will open. Over.
Well that doesn't seem too hard.
Also, some of the gargoyles are inhabited by Temple Spirits, and they'll try to bite your hand off if you touch them. Over.
What! How are we supposed to tell which ones we're supposed to push and which ones will try to eat us!?!
If I knew the answer to that, "Space Camp" wouldn't need your parents to sign all those waivers. Over.
So what's the tridenty-staff thing on the wall?
That would be Kongō- legend has it that it once belonged to the Japanese mountain god Kōya-no-Myōjin. It is said to grant light, wisdom, and insight to its wielder. If you can figure out how to get it, it will surely help you on your Temple Run. Over.
How are we supposed to get it? It's like thirty feet up the wall!
How should I know? If the Mayincatec wanted it to be easy, they'd have put the damn thing on the bottom shelf. Over.

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Skate Shoes get!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie(Warranty Void), Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Back of the line
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole, Smoke Bombs x3, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Thongless
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso, Primitive Spear, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Smelling his fishy fingers
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Sushi SmearHalf-Pendant of Life
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Wondering why the BeeGees is stuck in his head
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Pugil Stick, Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- Hangin' in there
HP- 4/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2012, 01:12:44 am »

"Stand back everyone... I have a plan."
Climb onto the nearest gargoyle and immediately grab its neck. Wait a moment, then repeat for a higher gargoyle.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2012, 01:58:10 am »

Give sushi as an offering to the spirit of the staff to coax it down. Kneel and pray to it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2012, 04:04:16 am »

Poke a gargoyles tongue with the pole.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2012, 07:11:12 am »

Throw a rock at the Trident, and look for a gargoyle thats a blue bird head.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2012, 04:18:29 pm »

Stick my spear into a gargoyle's mouth, flint-first.

So, this is Shows Monk Likes, The RtD, then? :P
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2012, 06:39:11 pm »

Boogie down, also examine light from the trident. Does it seem uneven or special regarding some gargoyles?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 3
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2012, 09:45:56 pm »

Stick my spear into a gargoyle's mouth, flint-first.

So, this is Shows Monk Likes, The RtD, then? :P
Apparently, Double Dare officially named their slime Gak (according to TvTropes, who's word is as law here,) and I believe that went on to be marketed as the gooier Silly Putty knockoff you're probably thinking of. I remember I had some Gak as a kid- it was pretty unexciting. I may as well have called this RTD Roll to Relive Monk's Childhood! Don't be surprised if you find a big dog eating a Nerf ball later.

Although come to think of it, I didn't watch much Gargoyles when it was on- I recall being prejudiced against WB for some reason. I do, however, remember playing with the Gargoyles Happy Meal toys at my grandmother's house. Memories...

oh hey, everyone has an action up. We're just clipping right along now, aren't we.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]