Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: -  (Read 5547 times)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phantom Eden (roguelike)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 02:56:39 pm »

If I were to commit the 40+ hours needed to learn Phantom Eden, it would be simplest to consider the main game based on "multiple sequential PCs"  (Thus my interest in being able to restart from ground zero on request.)  ....

Would you prefer an option to delete "all saves" (Eden + current character) in options menu OR something like a checkbox on character generation to start with all Eden related things disabled?
The delete "all saves" option is what I'm thinking of.  I don't want to opt out of the key feature; I want to be able to start the game over completely.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 03:50:23 pm »

If I were to commit the 40+ hours needed to learn Phantom Eden, it would be simplest to consider the main game based on "multiple sequential PCs"  (Thus my interest in being able to restart from ground zero on request.)  ....

Would you prefer an option to delete "all saves" (Eden + current character) in options menu OR something like a checkbox on character generation to start with all Eden related things disabled?
The delete "all saves" option is what I'm thinking of.  I don't want to opt out of the key feature; I want to be able to start the game over completely.
well you could just reinstall the game

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 03:51:17 pm »

Or just delete the save yourself. I mean it's not THAT difficult once you locate the file.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 04:45:07 pm »

This (notice how I avoided the roguelike semantics) looks quite interesting, and I do like the art style.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2016, 05:57:58 pm »

i read pretty early in this thread something along the lines: "its not a true rouge like cause its not ascii".

thats like saying doomIII is no 1st person shooter because it runs in a higher version and has better grafix then wolfenstein 3d form 1992.

Detocroix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2016, 12:21:04 am »

well you could just reinstall the game

Or just delete the save yourself. I mean it's not THAT difficult once you locate the file.

I do think it's a good suggestion. Sometimes people just want to reset their progress and start fresh, without any extra folder fiddling, and it shouldn't be difficult to do either. It's on our task list :)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2016, 04:34:23 am »

PTW.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2016, 05:15:36 am »

PTW. This looks pretty cool.
I do think it's a good suggestion. Sometimes people just want to reset their progress and start fresh, without any extra folder fiddling, and it shouldn't be difficult to do either. It's on our task list :)
That's an excellent sentiment.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2016, 08:41:17 am »

Alternatively you could offer 3 different game 'save slots' ala the old zelda games, where each has progress tracked independently. Allows others to play on the same computer and have their own save, or lets you start a new game easily while keeping your old if you want to

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2016, 09:39:14 am »

Yeah, T4 still has ascii as an option. Even still occasionally gets some attention when an odd bug or somethin' pops up for it. Not a separate version, but it's an in-game option.

Most roguelikes still at least have an ascii mode available even if it's not the main focus or default option, but yeah, there's still a fair few (particularly among newer ones) that don't. Ain't no thang, as they say. Cept for folks with really bad computers, or those that just don't like tiles, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

fred

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2016, 12:47:35 pm »

Hey guys, developer here.

Thanks to you all, Phantom Eden finally got Greenlit today! yay!! Thanks so much for voting!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 02:09:46 pm by fred »

Detocroix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2016, 01:51:48 pm »

Hey guys, developer here.

Thanks to you all, Phantom Eden finally got Greenlit today! yay!!

"Hey guys, developer here." Brilliant opening, mate! :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]