Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: Mush - Your crew is the final hope of humanity.  (Read 57960 times)

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mush - Your crew is the final hope of humanity.
« Reply #675 on: August 09, 2016, 11:20:36 pm »

Rise!

Decided for nostalgia's sake to join a ship earlier, it's not quite full yet so I figured I'd remind bay12 of how much fun a ship full of paranoia can be.

No spoilers of course but if anyone is looking to join in it's always fun to have a group to talk the postmortem with.  That is if we get grouped together.

Also I guess I have some casting tickets as well, so I suppose if anyone else has any of those lying around it wouldn't be out of the question to start a Bay12 ship whenever my current journey ends. 

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #676 on: August 09, 2016, 11:35:39 pm »

I'd rather play this game with a bunch of friends live, rather than over the course of real-time weeks.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 10, 2016, 12:21:00 am »

Mush is a very good game. Unfortunately the game is barely being supported at all by the developer. The biggest change they need to make is to reduce the number of open ships available. Right now it takes multiple days for a ship to fill up - and the game doesn't truly start until a ship fills up.

Even though it only takes 5-10 minutes per day to play Mush I'm actually taking a break from the game for a while because for a limited-time, limited-energy gamer like myself Mush is actually too intense and time-consuming (if you rand Mush or if you go to the effort of being a serious Mush-hunting detective) for my current situation.

Hopefully they keep supporting the game in a limited capacity for several more years. I've played computer games long enough to know that if a game is truly fun and engaging that it will maintain a healthy community for far longer than anyone expects.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 10, 2016, 12:36:26 am »

Re: Gunninanrunnin Well, there's SS13 if you're looking for something like this in real time.  It's pretty fun and there's a good sized topic on here.  No complaints with Urist here, quite welcoming (If a little daunting trying to figure out who everyone is, there's definitely a few well established characters).  There's also several tabletop RPGs that have aspects in common with Mush as well.

Personally I like the leisurely pace.  You get to know your fellow active players over time, and I think Mush does a great job racheting up the tension, first from the Mush hunt and then later as you just try to keep the Daedulus together.  I usually like turn based games myself, like Civilization, where I can get up and make dinner and come back without missing too much.  But if that's not your thing, it's not your thing.

Also maybe I made a mistake in not starting on a sunday, but we'll see.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]