No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 360420 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! The Enlightenment? (Page 198)
« Reply #2970 on: September 18, 2013, 07:20:08 pm »

Any of you wizards out there know if Magic Weapon Mastery is in yet? I guess not since Merlin and the rest aren't in yet.

But yeah armor/shield masteries? Get them all. They're like 79 AP for all 3, with amazing benefits. Extra protection and defense never hurt.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: September 18, 2013, 07:26:51 pm »

Magic weapon mastery isn't in - my wands didn't reveal any new skills.

For giants: I'm willing to try smithing, I'm rA which allows crafting all types of equipment, albeit somewhat poorly.  So we can sink a lot of resources into crafting and eventually get you an armor!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: September 18, 2013, 07:38:24 pm »

What they haven't mentioned is the new Saga Bonus thing, which gives extra gold and exp for finishing the chosen episodes of the day (pretty much a daily). It also boosts your chances of getting a rare item from the end box, supposedly.

This gives some incentive to not spam episode 7 all the time. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: September 18, 2013, 07:43:35 pm »

Relevant stuff to me:

Mana shield is nerfed.
5 int = 1 magic attack instead of the old 20=1
Staves and fusion bolt.

Relevant to Girlinhat:

Dex provides pierce.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: September 18, 2013, 07:45:43 pm »

Mana Shield was nerfed!??
NUUUUU, I COULD BARELY USE IT EFFECTIVELY BEFORE.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: September 18, 2013, 07:54:39 pm »

It removes your defense and protection from the damage calculation of mana shield. It's hardly noticeable when I'm running aroud with at least 5 defense bit it's still there.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: September 18, 2013, 08:01:26 pm »

Huh, and I was about to get Mana Shield, too... eh. Wonder if it's still worth it? Of course I'm sure it's still better than NOT having it...

I was planning to take a break from Mabi too, but AP/a Flamemare for minimal effort per day is too good to pass up. That is, if I can remember to log in every day, which is doubtful. But I'll try. :P

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: September 18, 2013, 08:02:36 pm »

I want to log in every day for the next month.
BUT I JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE IT, BLAKRGJAGARG.
This is a new kind of lazy for me.
"Free stuff for minimal effort!"
"EFFORT?!?!"
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2978 on: September 18, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »

I hate Nexon.

See, I played a different game (League) that most likely has servers in the same place as Mabinogi, which is West Coast/California. I can connect directly to their servers, and get an outstanding ping of only 190~225. That's 0.2 seconds, more than enough to play Mabinogi, too. But I can't connect directly to Mabinogi's servers because they have a stupid policy where they attempt to force Korean IPs to play on Korean servers. This causes exceptional lag and drives me away from playing.

You would think that as long as I play Mabi they won't care where I pay. >_> As a result they lost a customer. Eh.

The dex-gives-pierce sounds awesome. Maybe we can see the revival of archery soon :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:45 pm »

You can minimize the effort even further. Log in a few minutes before it resets, get credit for logging in, wait a few minutes and change channel or relog if needed and get credit for another day. Repeat every 47.5 or so hours. I'm not sure if this resets at midnight server time or at some other arbitrary time during the day.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: September 18, 2013, 08:45:36 pm »

It's 9AM Central (-9:00) that the server recognizes the day change.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: September 18, 2013, 08:53:11 pm »

I hate Nexon.
Don't we all? :P
Huh, and I was about to get Mana Shield, too... eh. Wonder if it's still worth it? Of course I'm sure it's still better than NOT having it...
It's not bad by any means. If it'll let you survive 2 Peaca hits, for example, instead of 1, it's worth getting. And there's not much else you'll be doing with the MP unless you're magical.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2982 on: September 18, 2013, 08:54:35 pm »

I hate Nexon.

See, I played a different game (League) that most likely has servers in the same place as Mabinogi, which is West Coast/California. I can connect directly to their servers, and get an outstanding ping of only 190~225. That's 0.2 seconds, more than enough to play Mabinogi, too. But I can't connect directly to Mabinogi's servers because they have a stupid policy where they attempt to force Korean IPs to play on Korean servers. This causes exceptional lag and drives me away from playing.

You would think that as long as I play Mabi they won't care where I pay. >_> As a result they lost a customer. Eh.

The dex-gives-pierce sounds awesome. Maybe we can see the revival of archery soon :P

Yeah, nexon has some.... terrible server policies. The "servers by region" thing should've gone the way of the dodo a long time ago.

I was planning to take a break from Mabi too, but AP/a Flamemare for minimal effort per day is too good to pass up. That is, if I can remember to log in every day, which is doubtful. But I'll try. :P

No matter how much mana shield has been nerfed it will always be worth it.

Always. :P

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: September 18, 2013, 09:16:57 pm »

Alchemy seems to be an odd skill set. It needs high amounts of HP/SP/MP for high damage. They also removed specific skill crystals so it's more accessible now.

I'm contemplating on how much damage will water cannon do with my 600 MP.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2984 on: September 18, 2013, 09:21:55 pm »

I didn't know alchemy skills scaled off mp.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 252