No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 359817 times)

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! The Enlightenment? (Page 198)
« Reply #2985 on: September 18, 2013, 09:25:57 pm »

It's a new thing.

From what little I've played with Kyu, the difference is noticeable, but nowhere near worth starting alchemy if you haven't already. Not for the damage skills anyway. Barrier spikes, rain casting, frozen blast, sand burst and life drain could all be worth it (and shock if you can get the damn pages...)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: September 18, 2013, 09:49:48 pm »

Shock is in fact awesome, as anyone who's played an alchemist in those zombie events can tell you (not me). It's too bad the pages are such a pain in the ass.

Wonder if it'd be worth rebirthing into a Vate when that comes out to avoid getting the pages altogether.... Probably not.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: September 19, 2013, 04:57:50 am »

How to word this...
Are the Bard skills... Viable? I guess is what I'm trying to say.
From what I've seen, it's mostly just support abilities,
But is it possible to get away with using Bard skills without investing in other skills for solo play?
EDIT: And also, what stats do bard abilities scale with, if any?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2988 on: September 19, 2013, 05:40:51 am »

No.

Trust me. When I started Mabinogi on the NA servers, Bard was recently released and all hyped. I got swindled and tried it and ended up concluding it's better if I went in and did smash and other melee instead of buffing.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: September 19, 2013, 07:32:01 am »

Bardic skills are great if you're not in the same league as the other party members - too noob to do damage, or too old and don't want to showboat - as it provides very decent buffs very easily.  It's fantastic to go along with your main skillset - a mage with Enduring Melody will be doing better than without.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: September 19, 2013, 08:02:49 am »

The best bard skills are Enduring Melody which increases recovery and defense I think. What you really want from it is the MP recovery increase if you don't have MP pots.

Harvest song is nice if your doing life skills. That reminds me, I should get that one.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: September 19, 2013, 08:08:42 am »

Harvest Song and Raincasting are godsends for anyone who enjoys crafting - raincasting doubly so since it was made easier.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: September 19, 2013, 04:18:15 pm »

I officially love the Bard talent.
Just murdered the fuck out of a wolf with a flute.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: September 19, 2013, 06:30:32 pm »

Remember, if you have the old alchemy crystals (cloud, life drain, etc) you can trade them in to Eabha for precious cash. It's apparently a lot; one guy made nearly 4 mil off just crystals.

(i'm a dumbass for selling them beforehand)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: September 19, 2013, 08:14:35 pm »

Common crystals are 500 (barrier spikes, lesser golems) while decent crystals are 1,000 (life drain, blizzard).  I pawned off what I'd picked up from all the shadow missions, ended up making ~80k.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: September 19, 2013, 08:22:11 pm »

I guess for alchemists who has thousands of those, it really adds up.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: September 19, 2013, 08:24:02 pm »

It's one reason I always collected them.  I had an alchemy crystal bag, might as well stockpile EVERYTHING.  It certainly helped!  I've also got a TON of intermediate magic crystals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2997 on: September 19, 2013, 08:29:56 pm »

Bardic skills are great if you're not in the same league as the other party members - too noob to do damage, or too old and don't want to showboat - as it provides very decent buffs very easily.  It's fantastic to go along with your main skillset - a mage with Enduring Melody will be doing better than without.
I feel that doing a smash, counterattack, then playing dead is better than barding. You soak up aggro for a short while and deal damage. If you're smart you can keep doing delay tactics.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: September 19, 2013, 08:48:03 pm »

A good bard should actually try and use Lullaby or Enthralling Performance.  Lullaby freezes enemies and causes the next attack to deal more damage, and Enthralling causes them to follow you, then aggro.

Of course for pure aggro, fireball is pretty decent as well.  Every enemy hit will aggro.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: September 19, 2013, 09:00:18 pm »

Is there any point to the gun repair kit? 92% is too much risk to fix your gun with especially since most upgrades take durability.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 252