No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 360414 times)

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! SHIELD CYLINDER UPDATE! 3x AP this weekend!
« Reply #3525 on: March 26, 2014, 09:10:07 pm »

There's also some Cosmic Stallion pet (same stuff as a flame mare, but blue and glowy) and a Wishing Tree event. You have to search for hidden wishes with an L-rod, get 10, and post them on the tree (near Qilla) for some.... less than outstanding rewards. Wow! Brown Pine Mushrooms!

Wow! Brown Pine Mushrooms!

Must log in, must spend all my free time to do exploration. Must get brown pine mushrrom, all of them. Or maybe not.

Does anyone know what kind of numbers of votes Planetside managed to obtain in previous rounds? Because Mabi had to really work on getting the votes it got. I know a lot of players nagged their guildmates over this, or randomly telling random people to go vote and that kind of things. I somewhat doubt most games' fans did as much. Voting in those meaningless tournaments is like voting in an election, doesn't matter how much people love you or hate the other party if they feel their vote doesn't make any difference, whether because they feel they already won or because they feel they can't win anyway.

Edit: Kinda had to post about this. As I posted this message, the top two threads were the one about Mabi and the one about Planetside. Searched quickly the other thread and could not find any mention of this tournament :P
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:12:44 pm by alexwazer »

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: March 26, 2014, 10:07:47 pm »

Mabi should be very proud of itself, but I think *PS2* will be the one to end it. If not, well, I don't even know.

I wouldn’t count Mabi out.  Voting in online polls isn’t about quality gameplay or money spent on development.  It’s about how motivated and vicious the user base of the game in question is.  Mabi may not compare to other games now but it has the following of a rabid pack of wolves.  And when those wolves smell blood, or 3x AP, they’ll attack without hesitation.

Surprisingly, so far Mabi's winning 72%-28%.

It’s not very surprising for Mabi to be winning right out of the gate.  The community is psyched about the next vote since the rematch just ended on Monday.  Also, since 3x AP was on the line for the last vote people are likely expecting bigger and better even if Nexon is keeping the next brib… err…. encouragement under wraps until after the voting is done. :P  It will be interesting if Mabi players can keep bringing in the votes at a steady rate until the end of the poll on Friday at 1 PM EDT.  Some players active in voting earlier may just not be logging onto Mabi to save for the 3x AP event and not know the poll is up so soon since the Mabi v. RO rematch ran during a different bracket.

Someone on the forums said the last poll for PS2 had about 4k in total votes.  There may have even been a screenshot but there are now a few different threads going on about the current voting.  I don’t think I’d have any luck finding it without some dedicated searching.

There is now an official announcement about the 3x AP event here.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: March 27, 2014, 09:49:54 am »

...th-three times AP? Damnit, I've been doing so well at avoiding this game!  :P

*shrug* I always end up burning out on this game in just a week or two and leaving it for several months. I might try to come back, but I'm not sure what all has changed since I last played.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Planetside 2 will stomp mabi for sure though, no question.

Alternately Warframe might end up against mabi and I'll have to witness my two MMO obsessions battle to the death.

Well, there we are. This is where you must take a stand because...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The most interesting part is that Warframe barely won the first round against Vindictus. So expect some support coming from them. Especially since, as we all know, Mabinogi is superior in almost every way to Vindictus (aww, there goes their support :P)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3529 on: March 29, 2014, 01:38:17 am »

YEP

Time to make a decision. Mabi's done really well so far.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: March 29, 2014, 04:51:16 am »

Unless Warframe is giving out good rewards for the contest I’d say just vote for Mabi.  After all, there’s 3x AP going on right now and if the rewards continue to escalate then there could be some nice stuff ahead.  Mabi only has 2 more rounds to go before a possible total victory and the reward for the Planetside victory hasn’t been announced yet.  I doubt it will be out before voting resumes on Monday but Nexon must know that a strong reward announcement for next weekend will certainly motivate people to vote.

Also, I can confirm that 3x AP is online and working.  I’m at 451 AP and counting.  There will be a lot of commerce and hard mission spam in the near future for me.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: March 29, 2014, 05:35:17 am »

Looks like my brain picked a good night for me to get 5 hours of sleep. Hurray.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: March 29, 2014, 08:29:26 am »

You too, huh? I didn't sleep very well either for some reason.

I have some stuff to do first, so I'll try to get on in 3 hours or so.
e: I lied I'm getting on now
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:37:13 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: March 29, 2014, 09:38:38 am »

Time to get some AP~ Also, if anyone can make the Savage wands, I could use a set. Or one. <.<

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: March 29, 2014, 12:23:09 pm »

Blah, even with a triple AP event and every character ready to rebirth, I just can't find any motivation to even log into the game. Maybe because skilling up is the main issue I have with the game at this point? Guess my Mabiing days might have come to an end, unless they change the systems in place, which would be quite unlikely.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: March 29, 2014, 01:47:43 pm »

That's really a shame. It does start to feel kind of futile when you get an amazing 200 AP or so... then lose it all on two ranks each of Fireball and Ice Spear.

In other news, I have Ice Spear r6 and Fireball r7 now. Hooray. :P Managed to get to levels 50/17, but I dunno if I still have the heart to get any more exp since I was struggling to finish Lingering Darkness HM earlier.

Aaaand I finally have a Stiff Vintage Tail Cap. All I need now is a Burning ES, so if anyone's doing The Other Alchemists Int or up, I'll be somewhat happy to come along.
Time to get some AP~ Also, if anyone can make the Savage wands, I could use a set. Or one. <.<
I can, but it'd have to wait until Monday for the production boost. I also need to get more materials, notably Sasquatch Hearts and Mysterious Herb Powders. I'll take either, or Poison Herbs. If you want just one, then what kind? I have spare (very bad quality) ice and lightning wands.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: March 29, 2014, 03:59:05 pm »

That's really a shame. It does start to feel kind of futile when you get an amazing 200 AP or so... then lose it all on two ranks each of Fireball and Ice Spear.

In other news, I have Ice Spear r6 and Fireball r7 now. Hooray. :P Managed to get to levels 50/17, but I dunno if I still have the heart to get any more exp since I was struggling to finish Lingering Darkness HM earlier.

Aaaand I finally have a Stiff Vintage Tail Cap. All I need now is a Burning ES, so if anyone's doing The Other Alchemists Int or up, I'll be somewhat happy to come along.
I can, but it'd have to wait until Monday for the production boost. I also need to get more materials, notably Sasquatch Hearts and Mysterious Herb Powders. I'll take either, or Poison Herbs. If you want just one, then what kind? I have spare (very bad quality) ice and lightning wands.

Fire, if getting just one. What exactly does 'bad quality' entail? And where does one get the bits for the makings?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: March 30, 2014, 02:35:41 am »

Sorry for the somewhat slow response. Bad quality means 0 magic attack boost, which is... pretty bad compared to some of my better works, like Hishi's +6 IIRC. Their physical stats might be better than average, but I couldn't tell you without looking at them.

All materials are from Shyllien Nature Reserve, northwest of Filia in Connous. It requires completion of a certain Saga/G18 episode, but again, I can't tell you off the top of my head (I think it's 5). The materials are:
tl;dr Carefully shoot sasquatches, get poison herbs/powder

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: March 31, 2014, 10:20:44 pm »

The 3x AP has come to a close and to those who leveled, I salute you.  To those who didn’t, I salute you as well.  You likely did far more productive stuff with your time then I did. :P  My results on leveling will be down in the spoiler.

There’s a new event going on tomorrow according to this post.  If this is serious there will be 10x Monster XP and a 100% repair rate going on tomorrow, April 1st, for 24 hours only.  If you didn’t take advantage of the last 100% you could try popping in game and fix up that expensive gear that you’ll never use again. :P

On voting, Mabi is now locked in a pitch battle with Warframe at, currently, very close results.  If you’d take the time and cast a vote for Mabi it would be appreciated. Of course, I understand if you don’t.  Just please don’t vote for Warframe.  Mabi will need every vote for the shot at getting something better then 3x AP if Mabi can come out in 1st place on the poll.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: March 31, 2014, 10:37:23 pm »

No kidding when Malt mention close results. Here's the situation just before I posted this:

Mabinogi 49%
Warframe 51%
Total votes: 19869

Edit: Even better, you can now follow the exact numbers in real-time (if you are really really bored :P) here.

Voting is going until Wednesday (only a few hours in now). This is quickly heading toward becoming the single match up getting the most votes since the beginning.

Also, did log in a bit during the week-end. Did some daily saga EP for some quick levels. So Don got a bit over 150 AP as back up if I ever decide to get back into this.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:46:36 pm by alexwazer »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 252