No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 360434 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I checked it and apparently its "Not availble in your region".
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nexon has announced a  2x AP event this weekend (June 21st and June 22nd) as compensation for the battle school bag issue, which is working as intended and was poorly communicated by Nexon.

There has also been a cryptic posting on the official forums about this being the Ultimate Anime Summer which has led to much speculation about the vagueness and what it could mean.

Also, I’ve finally managed to hit both Master Puppeteer and Master Bard and now I’m really not quite sure what to do from here.  I have close to 350 AP from last weekend and the daily grind and I’m not sure where I should be putting it.  I can now commerce full loads of the highest priced goods and handle a few master bandits with commerce penalty up to bandit bosses without a massive gang-up or instant death, as in not getting one-shot crit killed, but I need something extra to kill those bosses.  Any ideas here about what I could invest in to help?  I’m currently between boosting Alchemy in hopes of that helping or trying to pick up Gunner skills and maybe switch off between puppets and guns during a commerce ambush.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam!Guild is back up! 2x AP weekend!
« Reply #3588 on: June 20, 2014, 04:16:17 pm »

I dunno a lot about new alchemy but if the numbers I saw are anywhere near true it can put out some ridiculous burst damage. That might do the trick. dunno much about guns.

Title updated also.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: June 20, 2014, 07:43:19 pm »

Alchemy is indeed really good burst, especially with the new Chain Cylinder change and if you have high HP/MP/stamina which I'm 99% sure you do. Think I got something like 5k at r1 with 5 charges, so 10 of those should be able to take out a master boss.

...Reading that again, that sounds pretty bad.

But there's also Hydra Transmutation which is really handy for keeping bandits off your goods.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: June 24, 2014, 11:39:15 am »

Ultimate Anime Summer has started. Log-in events on the weekend for an "ultimate" prize at the end. Also if you log in 30 days (out of 35) you can get a Green Onion pet.

Also seems during the event, if your Total Level is under 1000 you get free daily rebirths. Amongst other things.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: June 24, 2014, 12:05:11 pm »

Of course you have to log on EVERY Saturday AND Sunday to get the final reward. And of course I'm out this weekend, so no "ultimate prize" for me. Could the timing be any worse? :P

2x  most fighting skill exp (notably no alchemy or life skills so it's basically useless) and monster exp all weekend, 2x close combat skill exp 5-10 PM Pacific next week. Logging in 8-9 PM Pacific time gives you a name color change potion on Saturday and a Free Rebirth Potion on Sunday. You should know what a name color change potion does and why it's such an amazing reward. On the other hand, the Free Rebirth Potion instantly gives you a free rebirth on use, which is actually pretty nice.

Oh yeah, you have to be cumulative 30+ to get any of this stuff, but I'm sure that's not an issue with any of you.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: June 24, 2014, 12:12:06 pm »

Of course you have to log on EVERY Saturday AND Sunday to get the final reward. And of course I'm out this weekend, so no "ultimate prize" for me. Could the timing be any worse? :P

2x  most fighting skill exp (notably no alchemy or life skills so it's basically useless) and monster exp all weekend, 2x close combat skill exp 5-10 PM Pacific next week. Logging in 8-9 PM Pacific time gives you a name color change potion on Saturday and a Free Rebirth Potion on Sunday. You should know what a name color change potion does and why it's such an amazing reward. On the other hand, the Free Rebirth Potion instantly gives you a free rebirth on use, which is actually pretty nice.

Oh yeah, you have to be cumulative 30+ to get any of this stuff, but I'm sure that's not an issue with any of you.

I know that login feeling. I might be getting slammed with designated weekends, and my shift is from 2-11PM... I gotta think of something...!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: June 24, 2014, 01:34:32 pm »

Bribe someone you trust to log on to your account.

Of course don't be surprised when you log back in to find yourself standing on top of the Orzimmar auction house in a wedding dress holding a bottle of wine and with your hearthstone gone.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: June 24, 2014, 07:11:09 pm »

Also seems during the event, if your Total Level is under 1000 you get free daily rebirths. Amongst other things.

When I read that I was mostly "Meh, whatever!", but I decided to go check details. The change to rebirth is completely unrelated to the event, except for timing. Nexon completely revamped the rebirth system (Wiki link for details)

• Free weekly rebirths (age unrelated if I read that right)
  • Daily rebirths if you are under 1000 total level (along with other benefits that were for TL 300-)
  • Rebirth to any location and/or change sex for free (does that mean a free fixed dye too?)
  • Plus a few more cosmetics talents changes.

This might actually be enough for me to get back into Mabi again... for a while anyway.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: June 24, 2014, 08:57:33 pm »

Here’s the teaser site for Ultimate Anime Summer.  It looks like it is being broken down into three chunks over 10 weeks.  New Beginnings has just been released.  That will be followed with From The Shadows and Anime Life.  No clue what those other two entailed but if there were actually anime crossover content that has been released overseas you’d think it would get a little more hype.

Nexon has also released their own version of the patch notes.  Among other things it looks like new accounts are given 6 character cards, Ace Talents will require 39 pons, and currently existing character cards can’t be used to rebirth anymore. (Only select character cards can be disenchanted and receive pons and an item bag.  Estus, I think your Miku card just became worthless.)  Oh, and elves can have black hair if anyone here was longing for that change.

On the other hand, it also looks like the update broke some things related to certain hairs.  People have been saying there are some losses related to free rebirthing and losing certain hairstyles or hair colors: link

It will be interesting to see what the coming weeks bring.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: June 24, 2014, 09:03:44 pm »

From what I've seen, the issue is specifically for special cards related hair styles; anything you can't normally get even using premium/pons. I just rebirthed Don and the game kept complaining about premium hair and stuff that required pons, but I was still able to get a free rebirth without changing/losing anything and without spending pons. Expect a few more patches down the road to fix things.

Also, next weeks will includes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't miss your chance to get a unique... blessed magic powder ???
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:08:49 pm by alexwazer »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: June 24, 2014, 10:45:56 pm »

Man, that'd save me a whole 1k gold! I can't miss a Blessed Magic Powder!!! Also yeah, the premium errors are a known issue.

Seems pons can be used to buy ace talents, 39 a pop. Might consider loading up now. I feel like Nexon is putting a lot more into Mabi now.(dunno if that's the right phrase...) Could just be that I'm relieved to see these changes, or overwhelmed by the events.

Saga 2 might be coming out after this, since it was approximately this time last year and about the same time period of 10 weeks. Pure speculation though.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: June 25, 2014, 03:15:35 am »

Here’s the teaser site for Ultimate Anime Summer.  It looks like it is being broken down into three chunks over 10 weeks.  New Beginnings has just been released.  That will be followed with From The Shadows and Anime Life.  No clue what those other two entailed but if there were actually anime crossover content that has been released overseas you’d think it would get a little more hype.

Nexon has also released their own version of the patch notes.  Among other things it looks like new accounts are given 6 character cards, Ace Talents will require 39 pons, and currently existing character cards can’t be used to rebirth anymore. (Only select character cards can be disenchanted and receive pons and an item bag.  Estus, I think your Miku card just became worthless.)  Oh, and elves can have black hair if anyone here was longing for that change.

On the other hand, it also looks like the update broke some things related to certain hairs.  People have been saying there are some losses related to free rebirthing and losing certain hairstyles or hair colors: link

It will be interesting to see what the coming weeks bring.

The Miku Card and one Ace Chef card of every race have become useless, yes. I think aside from using them to make a brand new character. So that's... a thing.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3599 on: June 25, 2014, 03:55:38 am »

Consider me interested! Might have to drop in as this progresses and see what else crops up.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 252