No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 359883 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! Ninja released! SAO content announced!
« Reply #3705 on: August 15, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »

Let's talk about the SAO event (even though I haven't even been in it).

So the way it works is you talk to the informant NPC in Fiodh and Peaca lobbies/just outside Math and Alby to get a pass to enter a Zone. At first you can only access zone 1 (easy and super short), but as more and more people from across the server do these dungeons, you'll eventually be able to go to 2 through 5. For reference, I think we're up to 2 and almost 3 right now.

When you clear a dungeon, you'll get a map piece for the specific dungeon and zone you just cleared (Alby 1, Math 3, etc). You can trade these in with the informant to get a general dungeon ticket (only has the zone number, can be traded). These are what you'll be further trading in with the sysadmin for Cool Rewards. There are also System Administrator Access Codes that can rarely drop from monsters that you can trade for anything.

Rewards include various crystals (basically free potions that also are antidotes, apparently), the Divine Stone of Returning Soul (7x4 potion bag), and the especially cool 2nd title coupons. Here are the bonuses and costs, with (!)s noting how amazing some of these unique boosts look.
Wow!! Those are all pretty nice, except Klein! Of particular note are Lisbeth, ALO Asuna, and Silica. Free smithing success rates are always welcome, ALO Asuna's magic attack boost rivals Scathach (a notably super awesome title from the last sale), and Silica is basically ALO Asuna but weak. I would strongly recommend stockpiling multiples of all the titles to sell in a few months when the costs skyrocket. At least, that's what I'd do.

But wait, there's more. Each of the dungeons drops combo card fragments that you can stick together to make ACTUALLY USEFUL COMBO CARDS. What a novel concept!!! You can just stick 5 Firebolts in one card or something. It's pretty great. This is also a reason to do other dungeons besides Alby all day every day, because they give different skills. See the wiki page to know exactly where you can get what you want.

At this point I don't even care it's a SAO crossover or anything. The rewards are just so nice.

e: I have been deceived, turns out you can only get the sweet Lisbeth smithing title from buying the outfit. Okay.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:42:05 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: August 20, 2014, 02:50:44 pm »

As we had talked about in chat, the SAO Gachapon has the weapons. Amongst other things.
Next event begun it seems also. Reminding us that even outside of SAO, Kirito is still OP.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: August 20, 2014, 02:56:14 pm »

Curse that Kirito's hide!.. looks like there's some really nice stuff in those boxes though, not to mention the free title. Hopefully those snowfield slayers are weaker than the real deal.

Also, I take back what I said about running for multiples of all the titles, it's way too big of a grind. I'll probably only be getting ALO Asuna for myself and then quitting the dungeon event. Seriously though, who thought a hundred of a four-floor dungeon would be a good idea?

E: Gave the Crystallite thing a try. It's VERY easy. The slayers have less than 150 HP, and all you have to do is occasionally smack them when they appear. Crystallite ingots appear randomly around the area and all you have to do is walk over and pick them up. This is more of a timesink than anything else. Also, Kirito is totally useless, only able to use Final Hit and lure the White Dragon over to where you are causing massive annoyance. What I'd probably do with this event is do it once for the title, then split because the box rewards don't seem worth it... well, besides the very slim chance of getting a refining training pot that isn't tradable.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:43:56 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: August 22, 2014, 02:50:02 am »

I just noticed the annoucement for Week 9 mentions the rewards if you have logged in every single weekend Hot Time event!

You get a one-of-a-kind 2nd Title, and a Polar Bear Hat Seal Whistle. Whatever that means.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: August 27, 2014, 02:40:24 am »

Sorry that I haven’t been on the forums/in-game much lately.  Things haven’t been going as I’ve planned but stuff should be changing soon for the better, I hope.

We have a new member in the guild!  Rirthin is the newest member, just accepted last night/this morning.  If you see Rirthin in-game please welcome Rirthin to the guild!

The fishing event should be popping up after the maintenance tomorrow.  Aside from swimsuits and a fishing boost title I’m not sure what kind of rewards this event is giving out.  It seems to be running the same as the fashion bait fishing event where you just fish with special bait but there also seems to be a turn-in portion.  It will be interesting to see how easy it will be to get good stuff from this event or if the stuff is tradable.  To anyone fishing, best of luck!

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: August 29, 2014, 04:21:57 pm »

I guess Week #10 is the end of it all. Saturday's prize isn't anything amazing, but Sunday? Is a bag with 10x10 size.

Also double skill EXP and x5 monster EXP all weekend.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: August 30, 2014, 03:26:14 am »

So..did anyone get lucky with the Gacha? I was...horribly lucky. A full Nuadha (m) set, Asuna's wig and her rapier, the liberator sword, and a few other bits of junk, but not the thing I was looking for, CP Yui.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: August 30, 2014, 10:06:27 am »

Got a couple, didn't get anything noteworthy. That CP Yui sounds great but you should keep the 50k per point repair costs. Most things from this event have pretty high repair costs. Yes, I'm just trying to make myself feel better that I don't have any nice stuff.

In other news, I finally got my ALO Asuna title after slaving away for days. It was a fate that I wouldn't wish on anyone else. Seriously, 300+ floors of dungeon and not even a glimpse at one of those sysadmin codes.

And it's 2x skills like krisslanza said and I don't feel like grinding anything. Wooooo

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: September 03, 2014, 03:45:07 pm »

Double post and bump because maids and butlers are on sale until the 17th. I'm pretty sure at least one person was just waiting for this.

Apparently yesterday there were some severe server issues on all Nexon games because they messed something up over there. I'd wager it was something network-related as opposed to a DDOS or whatever. Everything seems better now and there's almost certainly going to be some compensation.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: September 03, 2014, 05:21:06 pm »

It seems to be some widespread problems over the last few days with steam, twich and even some school related websites, I know it wasn't my internet because other sites would work just fine.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: September 04, 2014, 01:57:24 am »

Yep.  Compensation is 5x Monster XP and 2x Training for all skills from the 5th to the 7th.  Also, Premium/VIP get 3 free days of service.

And not only are maids and butlers on sale but the partner carriage and broom are as well.  However it seems maids and butlers have had a major nerf for hair and eye color as that was revamped and moved to a pons system.  If you're planning on getting a maid or butler you may want to hold off making it if Nexon moves back to the old system for hair and eye colors.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: September 11, 2014, 05:32:11 am »

So, before the SAO Gacha went poof, I decided to get one more, just to say goodbye to my chances of getting a CP Yui.

I hate these goddamn things.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: September 11, 2014, 08:33:20 am »

I don’t see what the hate is about.  From that screen shot it looks like you won the gatcha lottery.  Besides, if “just one more gatcha” always worked people would only buy a few gatcha at the end of the event and Nexon would shut down everything.  :P

It looks like Treasure Hunter was coming soon, somewhere around last week.    It now looks like Treasure Hunter is coming this weekend with a Dual Colt giveaway this Saturday, September 13th.  After Tuesday’s maintenance to remove SAO content Nexon’s throwing out another maintenance for Treasure Hunter and…the Return of Doki Doki Island! :D  Which likely no one else here cares about since people playing from back then have stopped playing. :P

At least Treasure Hunter seems to be getting rolled out quite quick to minimize the non-event time for all of the new players that were picked up with SAO content.

Bel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: October 10, 2014, 02:18:56 pm »

In the absence of other guild members, I guess I'll carry on the news update torch...

Last year's Halloween event returns! It's the Cursed Labyrinth again, running from Oct. 6th to Nov. 4th!
There's also the Revenge of the Trickster event, a field boss in North Dunbarton who gives a buff on defeat, running from Oct. 20th to Nov. 4th.

For those of you who have completed the Iria Saga episode I, a new episode is coming out! Log in between Oct. 1st and Oct. 15th to claim your Saga I completion box.
For those of us who haven't (i.e. me), fear not! If you complete the Saga between the 1st and 15th, you too can receive a box of goodies.
The prologue and part 1 of episode II are out now, with a preview of part 2 coming out on the 13th.

Happy October all! if anyone still reads this thread ha ha ;_;

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: October 11, 2014, 12:19:55 am »

In the absence of other guild members, I guess I'll carry on the news update torch...

Last year's Halloween event returns! It's the Cursed Labyrinth again, running from Oct. 6th to Nov. 4th!
There's also the Revenge of the Trickster event, a field boss in North Dunbarton who gives a buff on defeat, running from Oct. 20th to Nov. 4th.

For those of you who have completed the Iria Saga episode I, a new episode is coming out! Log in between Oct. 1st and Oct. 15th to claim your Saga I completion box.
For those of us who haven't (i.e. me), fear not! If you complete the Saga between the 1st and 15th, you too can receive a box of goodies.
The prologue and part 1 of episode II are out now, with a preview of part 2 coming out on the 13th.

Happy October all! if anyone still reads this thread ha ha ;_;

I think a lot of us are back in the 'downward slump' of Mabinogi. Where you kinda burn out, play something else for a bit, then come back...

That being said, I missed the Labyrinth last year, so I think I should try it this time. I just wish I could stream Mabinogi, but whenever I do this, it seems to play havoc with OBS and drops frames like crazy. I can stream Rome 2 better!
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 252