No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 359891 times)

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! Ninja released! SAO content announced!
« Reply #3720 on: November 22, 2014, 01:43:24 pm »

Umm... keeping the updates? Chapter 6 Prologue Events are live. A daily quest to defeat bears + rent a demonic weapon. Also, free combo card and style tab. So yeah, go for it! :D

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! Divine Knights! Revamps incoming!
« Reply #3721 on: January 25, 2015, 05:00:47 am »

Making a post to say a few people (myself included, as well as malthitman I believe is harukaori's B12 name) have started hovering around again.

The cycle repeats! Title updated also. Details on the revamp coming... probably tomorrow when I can make sure I've got all the info right.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: January 25, 2015, 11:50:23 am »

Did they region lock this game back to US only again?

I remember it going haywire in the past and uninstalling itself every other time for no reason and now it's not even avaible for me on steam.
As in i can search for mabinogi and i'll just get "no items found."
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3723 on: January 25, 2015, 12:53:41 pm »

I thought it was always US-only.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: January 25, 2015, 01:19:00 pm »

It was for a time. Then after the EU servers got closed they opened up for EU. Now it's apparently closed again for some reason.

Anyway i'm in the B12 guild... it's just that i can't download the client on steam.
Will try downloading it manually but no idea if it will work.
Self promotion below.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3725 on: January 25, 2015, 01:26:37 pm »

It probably won't. Mabinogi checks the client IP when you log in.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: January 25, 2015, 01:59:05 pm »

It probably won't. Mabinogi checks the client IP when you log in.

Odd considering i used to play it for quite a bit and i never had any problems with IP or region.

Well if it won't work then i just lost some time downloading it then.
Self promotion below.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3727 on: January 25, 2015, 06:12:59 pm »

Depends on where you are, there may have been a new server region released recently? I feel like an oceania server may have gone up but I have no idea. If you're in EU though yeah I have no idea how you got in, as there's been an EU client lock in place since before B12 has started playing.

I do remember you being on though.

---

Okay, so new content for anyone from the past.

Divine knights, new gen, raid content. Generally a pretty nice "casual" raid model that doesn't take hours nor a long dungeon beforehand. Positioning matters, due to the low mobility of the raid boss along with it's large HP amount, long range stuff and demigod has it's uses, demigod in particular. Teamwork is required! The beasty will generally grab you/lock you up/do all sorts of stuff that requires outside influence to solve. Nothing too crazy right now (hit the locked up dude! Hit the ghost!) but it works.

New skills are a group defense buff, a slow + DoT, and a ranged-ish skill that does an absolutely ridiculous amount of damage. All of them have extra effects against apostles (raid bosses, but not dragons/iria field bosses). There are also like fifteen passive skills that operate on a "skill tree" model (you can reset them at any time), that gives each thing special effects, with points gained from a seperate crusader level. So if you have no healer people might want to grab the shield of trust passive that heals people, to lessen potion consumption, but if you do you're missing out on other stuff. Etc.

New gen is... reasonable. There's one quest in the middle of the gen that absolutely wrecked me, and in my opinion was poorly done (Contextual raid with AI companions! Also you're missing skills.),  but once I got past that it was pretty okay.

A patch after that added a bunch of QoL changes, it's very nice, but nothing exciting. And while we're here, ninja has a lot of AoE, and an AoE root. Meant to be a starter skillset so it doesn't really compete with guns/puppets, but it has it's uses. And is absolutely magnificent if you intended to solo.

Revamp info later!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:26:59 pm by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3728 on: January 26, 2015, 12:58:46 am »

Revamp info here! This is gonna be a long one.

First one, melee + blacksmithing update.

Short version is a smattering of melee buffs including adding some AoE similar to smash to some skills, some small giant buffs to stomp and trans, and Smash adds a status effect depending on your weapon type. You can now move normally during counterattack and defense, to boot.

Three new skills, Rage impact, which increases any melee damage to enemies effected by it (on top of using a ridiuclous amount of stamina), we're not 100% sure on it, it's an odd skill. Bash, which is basically the skill equivelent of normal attacks, it does increased damage the more times you consecutively hit a monster with it and probably uses more stamina then normals. And dual weapon mastery which is exactly what it sounds like.

New enchants, nobody cares.

New weapons! I reccomend if you look at any thing in that link, you look at the weapons. They look AMAZING and humans finally have their long awaited two handed hammers and axes, on top of some more one hander blunt/axe options. All blacksmith only, and they're looking to be top tier ish. Good news for blacksmiths! I'm working on the skill right now with the bountiful iron supply of harukaori, and help from belereth. If you would like to contribute to the war effort, please let me know. The basic 2 handers should be easy enough, we'll see how getting to rank 5 for the higher end stuff goes. New mats are in dungeons (!!) and shadow missions.

Magic update! Much smaller amount of changes as mages weren't in that bad a place to begin with.

Mostly makes pages less of a pain in the ass in a variety of ways, some new weapons in magic craft.

Bolts now have special effects, ice bolts restore mana when they hit, Lightning bolts do extra damage at high bolt counts (they still jump to other monsters), up to 30% if you're using lightning bolt grandmaster titles.

Variety of int and adv magic buffs making them more usable, mostly load and cooldown time reductions.

New skills, lightning rod, lightning advanced magic. Charge your laser, so to speak, for a giant kamehameha of sorts.

Mana recovery, which is a sort've snap mana recovery skill, restores up to 50% max mana I think?

New enchants nobody cares

New staffs/wands, a tri bolt wand which lets you chain cast all three bolts, guardian staff which lets you party heal but also use adv magic, and hermit staff which is just a huge Matk boost.

No news on a ranged combat update, but they would be literal gibbering idiots if they didn't. It will happen, mark my words.

Some good stuff coming! It won't break the tyranny of lances/puppets, but it makes people that don't want to use optimal weapons have a lot easier time, which is always good by me.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:01:34 am by Seriyu »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: January 26, 2015, 02:04:34 am »

Dunno, Ranged attack mechanics were never touched since their introduction and the big combat revamp that affected all skills like 4 years ago.  I have no illusion that they'll tweak it now...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3730 on: January 26, 2015, 02:26:20 am »

well that combat revamp was mostly just to switch the combat from a load time based system to a cooldown based system. This revamp is specifically to buff old skillsets. Probably should've mentioned that. :P

I admit I may be wrong, but there is more to the revamp for sure, it'll be coming out in patches. So melee patch is first, magic after that, then the long awaited lance buff patch (I kid)

I guess they might not? But I've heard very tenuous rumblings that they're switching ranged to a charge based system, so arrows will never miss, but you do more damage the longer you "aim". These are super unconfirmed however, and should not be taken as a representation of anything.

All we can do is hope.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: January 26, 2015, 11:56:42 am »

Well, a while back melee got buffed with new skills like assault slash and the like, and magic go more magic and stuff, while archery remained unchanged...  Just saying that they have a history of not helping archery.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3732 on: January 26, 2015, 06:38:26 pm »

Spider shot did come in with the talent update, but it is a single target root that needs special crafter only ammo. I forget if support shot came out with the assault slash update or if it was along the entire time, but I think it might've. I want to believe!

Oh, and something I forgot to mention in the revamp update post, elves will officially be able to use heavy armor and two handers, at least the new ones, maybe all of them. Maybe dual wield? People seemed unsure on that. Minor consolation buffs, but buffs nontheless. And dual wielding would actually be really nice with the final hit buffs.

And for anyone new looking at this thread, if you're wondering if you can make a living off crafting skills, I just made 250k off a relatively low level carpentry skill. It's not fast money, and 250k isn't really a lot in the scale of buying new gear, but you can definitely support your dungeon runs and repair with money from crafting skills if that's your bag.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:40:30 pm by Seriyu »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: January 26, 2015, 07:23:23 pm »

Support shot's been around since launch, I do believe, as it's been an OLD combo for getting through rough dungeons.  Support shot and smash was used in ye olde dayes before single characters were war machines.

Has blacksmith been tweaked any?  Is there still the awful minigam?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3734 on: January 26, 2015, 08:54:02 pm »

blacksmith has not been tweaked at all, and the awful minigame still exists. All that I can say for it positively is that there are more crafts, more crafts coming, and they're actually good ones (at least for now). The talent system helps make it that extra touch less torturous, as it doubles your gains.

There were also some extra crafts that came with the talent update ages ago, allowing you to make the various "set bonus" sets (colin, birnam, thames, etc) if you're a smith, along with demonic weapons/gear, but they obviously require higher ranks, demonic gear requiring a master rank in the talent, IE all the smithing skills, not just blacksmithing.

Ore (the 2x2 ones, not ore frags) stacks higher, there's a mining skill which helps to improve vanilla mining yield, all this means that full bangor runs are now possible with a couple of picks, and it helps space out the entire thing, but all in all it's still a pretty steep grind. I believe the current director has stated he wants to improve blacksmithing, but for all we know that could just be the celtic weapons adding extra value to it for however long.

As a sort've lateral point however, adventurer seals can be used to buy skill training seals on sunday, allowing you to skip parts of the grind.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:56:47 pm by Seriyu »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 252