No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 360335 times)

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! Divine Knights! Revamps incoming!
« Reply #3735 on: January 31, 2015, 03:52:19 am »

Small notice, there is currently a 100% Repair Event and 2x Commerce bonus going on this weekend if anyone is interested in running some commerce or repairing expensive items.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: February 01, 2015, 01:36:36 am »

Bleh, I'm craving for some MMORPG lately. Nothing in sight that appears noteworthy and would run on my computer, but Mabi... Can't... Must not...

And yeah, ranged need some love... and more weapons. As we all know that more weapons = more love, right? That "charge based system" would go a long way into making archery much better. As for blacksmithing, if they could just make old manuals that were available in the old gachas obtainable in-game, that would make ranking the skill somewhat meaningful/doable at least.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3737 on: February 02, 2015, 01:56:13 am »

Agreed 100%, the issue is almost everything you can make currently can also be bought in a shop, and +2 max damage, +1 min damage, and +4 durability isn't worth the hellish grind that blacksmithing is.

It'd be a way to fill out the dungeon end chest drop tables too.

(Incidentally I am once more incredibly inconsistant and doing other things now. I swear I'll stop making promises I can't keep. I'll be staying on top of update news, and maybe pop in now and again, however!)

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: February 08, 2015, 01:42:43 pm »

Small, personal update.  I managed to train/seal/pot my way to up rank 1 in both synthesis and fragmentation so anyone working on blacksmithing skills can get a material boost from my synthesis duping of ingots.  I’ll also have a better chance of fragmenting any leather straps for anyone still working on weaving or possibly blacksmith products to get back rarer materials.

I’m also planning on working toward rank 1 rain casting in the hopes of easier MA runs.  If I can manage that I might be able to carry anyone over 1k total levels though parts of MA to get extra AP if anyone is interested in that.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: February 15, 2015, 08:11:52 pm »

The new event stuff up is the Couple Breaker Event and the Homestead Candy Bonanza.

Couple Breaker Event:  Wiki

You can either accept a Fed Ex quest and deliver an item to an NPC in Tir to get one reward box or break 5 statues while wearing a balloon accessory.  If you break the statues by throwing rocks it takes about 10 throws per statue.  From what it seems just one hit will count for a kill so you can team up with others to break statues faster.  That may or may not affect your number of rewards but it seems random.  Rewards drop at your feet and seem to be a random amount from 2 to 10.  Potions (including timed 2x training potions and weakness potions), gems, red and blue ups, a special title coupon, and a statue chair item are among the rewards being given out.

Homestead Candy Bonanza:  Wiki

Get a candy tree seed from Caravan Joe near Walter in Dunburton.  Plant it on your homestead, harvest it, open the candy jars for various goodies.  If you dye your tree in a day you can complete the quest and get a coupon.  25 coupons should get you a whistle for a penguin pet.  There are also fireworks, a dye set, and a heart sword for fewer coupons.  The candy jars also provide homestead seeds, some crafting materials, special homestead items like dry and steam ovens, cooking ovens, log fences, and those coveted cherry blossom trees.  They also occasionally give out gold and timed dye amps, both regular and metal versions.

Upgrading your tree to the second level is trivial as you just need the basic tree, 5 bottled waters, and 10 homestead stones, but a level 5 homestead.  The third level needs more stones, two special drops from the candy jars (Bonanza Heart Lollipops), and a level 10 homestead.  Anyone doing the event can message or note me.  I should have enough gold that I can buy those from shops if you need them and can’t afford them.  Homestead stones can also be fished up if you need to improve your homestead and Caravan Joe sells 5 nails at 1300 gold if you need them to do the daily Nails for Stones quest.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: March 18, 2015, 01:49:00 am »

So, new event coming out tomorrow.  The Mabiland 7th Anniversary Celbration carnival thing.  Do daily quests to earn coins and buy special items like a 10x10 bag, homestead items that provide stat boosts, and other various stuff.

There are also some special events and activities if you’re feeling social.  You can pickup a couple of titles, play some minigames like back in Doki, and grind monsters to collect pages for a possible 9x6 bag.

I also have 26 unrestricted dungeon passes if anyone would be up for any dungeon runs.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: March 18, 2015, 07:39:28 am »

Wish I could drop in for a visit... alas, about 6 months ago, my e-mail was hacked and hijacked, meaning that I am no longer able to change the cryptic passwords I used to log in more than a year ago. The only testament to my whorish legacy, is Tethra, which fate willed I leave in the hands of Haru....

:'(
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: April 24, 2015, 03:47:13 pm »

New update released on April 22nd, Renovation: Close Combat, which, as the name implies bring some changes to close combat. It mostly (only?) affects swords, axes and blunt weapons. 3 new combat skills, some of the older skills got revamped and a few new enchants and weapons. It seems like an interesting update. It doesn't really make swords/axes/blunts much stronger in terms of damage output from the look of it, but it helps reduce the gap with lances and other skill trees like puppets and guns. It also adds a decent support, crowd control, AoE skill which is sure to bring a bit of variety to the good old close combat.

Also, some event starting to go along with the revamp. The Close Combat Renovation Celebration! which includes giveaways and bonus proficiency, 100% repair, bonus exp from monsters and stuff.

Again, I've been juggling with the idea of getting back into Mabi lately. I might do so during the coming summer... probably will in fact. I would most likely start a whole new character however, because I'm masochistic like that and always enjoy starting fresh. Really the only reason I haven't done so yet is because I can't decide what skills I would like to work on first... I like close combat, archery, but they lack in damage compared to others. Alchemy is good and I kinda enjoy it, but it is a bit too spammy and also requires to complete like 12 Gen to unlock all skills, which sucks. Could take a look at ninja skills, but I doubt they work that well on their own. The rest, I don't enjoy much, no matter how powerful it is.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:51:44 pm by alexwazer »

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: April 25, 2015, 02:49:22 pm »

I guess I just could not help myself. I am back into this mess and in for the long run again.

I managed to figure out login details for an old account, so I am not quite starting from scratch, but close enough - total level of 56 when I got back on :P. The main advantage of using that account instead of a new one is that I already have access to G9/G13 without having completed G1-3 since it was created back when you didn't have to do Gens in order and when doing G2 required ideals crap to be done. Pretty sure that was the last time I used this character too.

The character name is Zelthan, if anyone is still playing every now and then, drop a friend request.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: May 03, 2015, 11:02:10 am »

Double Triple posting to give a quick run down on the latest updates and events. I won't cover in details the minor changes, you can find out about those in the wiki page linked above. The update added three new skills for close combat.

Dual Wield Mastery: It works like other masteries and stack with combat and weapon specific skills. It adds damage and, as you get higher in skill, balance, critical, auto-defense and armor pierce. It is a bit costly in AP for what it gives, so it should probably be left for later when most combat skills are already ranked. It is probably better than sword/axe/blunt's respective skills however.

Bash: This is the main addition for close combat. It is a powerful highly spammable skill. Sadly, it is also a very boring skill to use. It could be considered as a bastard child of normal attack and smash. You can chain up bashes for increased damage per hit, up to the fifth hit, and remains at its maximum damage after. It doesn't affect the knockdown gauge much, so for any enemy without heavy stander or AHS, you can easily chain the skill until the poor thing dies. Bash also cause a longer stun than normal, so it might be used in combination with blaze, but I haven't tried it. It requires either a sword, axe or blunt weapon to be used.

Rage impact: This skill allows you to instantly release a shockwave arounds you, similar to the hidden shockwave skill, that stuns everything in a short radius and gives them a debuff that will increase the damage taken from the next melee attack (up to 50% extra damage at rank 1). It doesn't affect knockdown gauge at all, unlike the previously mentioned hidden skill, and doesn't provoke aggro. The skill does a bit of damage, but not enough to even consider. I can't say much about it's usefulness since I haven't used it much, partly due to its high stamina cost and relatively long cooldown at low rank.

One change worth mentioning besides the new skills is Final Hit. It has been improved considerably with higher damage, ability to use items while the skill is active, increased attack speed and the skill no longer cancels if you are knocked back/down. With the addition of dual wield mastery, this makes Final Hit a top class skill for any melee character. Oh, and weapons no longer lose durability when used for FH, making it reasonable to create a highly specialized, enchanted and upgraded sets of weapons for the specific purpose... and not just daggers thanks to the increased attack speed.

On a personal note, I've been enjoying my time back in Mabinogi. It's insane how having access to free skill resets changes the way I've been playing the game. Close combat not the best choice for fighting unknown men? No problem, reset your skill and train water cannon, sand burst and chain cylinder instead of smash or defense. I have really been enjoying the feeling that comes from playing a low level character, that can die quickly if you make a mistake or that barely have the stamina to clear all waves in a room. I haven't used the daily rebirths so that I can enjoy that a bit longer. My character is still under 300 total level, but already finished G1, G2, G13, Saga S1 and reached G9 finale and Saga S2 EP5 (I died repeatedly to Dian before giving up).

Bel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: May 07, 2015, 02:21:44 pm »

Hello friends. It is now the beginning of the summer semester, and with the coming of a new semester return Bel and KKTTYY for their sporadic adventures.
Please come say hi some afternoon!! come back, Haru, Ibid and Don Zelthan!! ;_;
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:29:39 pm by Bel »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!
« Reply #3746 on: May 15, 2015, 08:13:59 am »

Can I ask a favor of anyone here?

What I need is the locale files from the Mabinogi client. To get to it, though, you need to use this thing. It's a "unpacker program" that looks at the .pack file you have and decompresses it. Use MabiUnpacker.exe, unless it doesn't work in which case try MabiUnpacker2.exe. The decompressed files are nearly 7GB in size.

The files I need are in data/local!

The reason I'm asking others is because Nexon continues its no Korean ip policy, and this applies to simply downloads as well as actually playing the game. The Korean version I did download has korean locale files, which are in korean :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: May 16, 2015, 06:33:36 pm »

I tried using the unpacker, but it only gave me an error message. I'm using the Steam installation, so I don't know if that might be the reason. Besides, I'm not quite sure which .pack file would be needed. I have .pack files for each updates and a language.pack file. Again, the Steam installation might be different. Hopefully someone else can help you.

In other news, Nexon has announced the Magic Renovation Celebration, starting May 20th. There is not much more information about the renovation itself besides that it will include new skills and make changes to some of the existing ones. The Mabinogi Renovation: Magic Preview! thread gives bit more details and is accompanied by a few images. The celebration event itself is mostly the usual stuff, some items thrown at you for logging it on specific days, double training, double skill training and 100% repairs. I am a bit baffled by the decision to go for magic renovation next when magic already got buffed significantly with the Merlin update very recently, while some skills *coughs*Archery*coughs* have been lacking for so long, but ranged will have it's turn eventually.

I've been playing on and off at seemingly random times lately. I've been trying to take advantage of free skill resets to train as much skills early on to avoid any major CP issue later. I also gave ninja skills a try, but I can't quite make up my mind about them yet. There's some interesting skills in there, but I am not a fan of weapons with little to no stunning capabilities.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: May 21, 2015, 12:03:55 am »

Magic renovation update is now up. Things of note:

2 new skills:
 - Lightning Rod (advanced magic) is a charged beam like attack. Relatively easy quest to obtain. Training doesn't seem too terrible compared to some other skills.
 - Inspiration is channeled to allow user to recover MP. The MP recovered is based on your total MP and ranges from 20% at rF to 50% at r1. Only rank E meditation is required to obtain the skill.

Skills changes:
 - Most bolts and intermediate magic have been changed to give them added effects or to make them stronger.
 - Fusion bolt is stronger as well
 - Many skills have shorter cooldown and/or faster loading

Skill acquisition:
 - Int magic are now somewhat easier to obtain. Exploration pages are now available from the seal merchant, fireball pages no longer expire and Thunder/Ice spear pages can be obtained from strange books.
 - The first few ranks of meditation no longer requires access to Aeira/Stewart special shops.

Full patch notes available on the wiki.

There is also a new event going on starting May 20th: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. A giant sheep wolf spawns around Dunbarton every 2 hours. Taking part in a battle to defeat it rewards you with 5 AP, some experience, gold and a Magic Supply Box which may contain a variety of goodies for mages and mages-wannabes (training seals, potions, clothing, etc.) The quest can be repeated once a day.

Finally, on a personal note, I have completed G10 yesterday and thus learned rain casting and demi-god. I rebirthed to train rain casting, which is one of the few skills I wanted to rank up fully before I lost the possibility to reset AP. The only other thing I want to do before reaching total level 1000 is to unlock any of the odd skills that require specific ranks in other skills (if those other skills aren't useful to me), like flame burst which requires wind blast or fantastic chorus which requires both playing instrument and song at rank 5. Basically any skill I might be interested in that have requirements in which I have no interest.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: July 26, 2015, 05:38:19 pm »

Bada-bumpy.  Started playing a bit.  Anyone about who wants to go dropping through dungeons/rafts?  I'll probably do a bit of solo play, crafting and such, but wouldn't mind some grouping for specific goals.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252