No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 360334 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!
« Reply #3750 on: July 26, 2015, 08:11:17 pm »

I've been back a bit, mostly meandering around, for sure.

alban training center is out now too, along with archery revamp (don't get too excited, sorry!)

archery revamp mostly adds urgent shot (hyper fast shot aiming if you miss once), and now 100% aim rate ensures a hit, those were the big ones. Also spider shot ammo can now be bought. There's some other stuff, but that's the big stuff. Doesn't really deal with the main issue that archery needs a lot of space to work.

LUCKILY ALBAN TRAINING CENTER USES RANDOM MAPS, AND SOME OF THEM ARE QUITE LARGE so archery works pretty well in there for once, as it can use it's range to it's benefit. Not in all rooms. Totally have a backup for mid/short range, but it can work in some rooms. Also it can spawn mobs of advanced heavy stander mobs, so that's HORRID and you basically need int magic to beat them, but archery got a break for once.

More on training center itself, you put in marbles which increase certain parameters, making it easier or harder, and decrease or increase the reward, respectively. It's sort've a return to dungeon style stuff, with less of the key running and more of the monster fighting. Monsters are randomized, you can run it three times a day, rewards are pretty good, even if they're indirectly choking blacksmiths by offering celtic gear as prizes in some specialty rooms. They're rare, at least.

And finally celtic items for making celtic gear are found in hard shadow missions, hard raids, and hard mode advanced dungeons. They're sprinkled around in specific areas, and are not hyper rare, but you don't get one with every completion or anything.

A general recap on stuff!

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: July 27, 2015, 10:06:22 pm »

There is also another update which rewards AP for reaching novice, naive, advanced and expert level in any talent. I logged on today to be greeted by around 1800 AP :o

I have been logging about once a week for the past 2-3 months, but without having much motivation to actually play. This Alban training center thingy however does sounds really interesting. I will try to hop into the game a bit more frequently. It will be easier to convince myself now that I have some extra AP allowing me to rank whatever skill I am using instead of saving for some other skill I want to rank up, but cannot be arsed to actually train.

I also got 5 "Classic character cards", but I didn't see anything about that on the update notes. Now I kind of feel like I am obliged to create more characters to complete saga season 1 for more free pets. Kind of.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: July 27, 2015, 10:30:30 pm »

I got about 1,400 AP for similar.  More AP than I know what to do with!  Time to raise ONE WHOLE RANK of Crash Shot :D

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3753 on: July 28, 2015, 02:17:39 am »

The five basic character cards are a thing for "veteran players". Worth making if only for the bank space, honestly. I don't think new accounts get them, but I could be wrong.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: July 28, 2015, 09:48:43 am »

I'm gonna try to play the game a lot more lightly on inventory space.  I've got a ton of junk, some of it valuable, remember those Super Moon Cakes?  Or the spellbooks that you can equip with a wand?  I've also got like, dowsing rods and useless accessories and bits of leather I'll never use.  I just got a dustin silver knight sword from a shadow mission too.  I think it's time to open shop and clear out everything.  Why do I even have three lumber axes?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3755 on: July 28, 2015, 03:15:45 pm »

I know I resorted my inventory recently and it made all the difference in the world, I moved all my weapons to a pet and all my crafting mats to other specific pets and it's just a great time. All the stuff I want is where I need it and I'm not having to make space for weapons I don't switch to but once in a blue moon.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: July 28, 2015, 10:28:59 pm »

What? Do you try to imply that there is something else to this game than managing inventory? I thought this was a tetrislike game. Related anecdote, yesterday I spent about 15 minutes looking for a dragon shield manual that I was sure I had... somewhere. After going through every character's bank, every pet inventory, I just could not find it and assumed I had dropped it at some point. Since the manual is easier to get from dragon raids than the material for it, that wasn't hard to believe. I later found it sitting along a bunch of skill training potions (also 1x2, so they looked somewhat similar). I will need to clean up that mess eventually.

And I finally got support shot to rank 1 earlier today. Sadly, The Sniper title now also requires rank 1 emergency shot. No title for me :(

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: July 29, 2015, 05:49:38 am »

You guys really should just try being tragically poor sometime.
Haven't had inventory troubles since I started playing.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: October 10, 2015, 05:54:30 pm »

Small event update.

Currently there's a 2x AP event running until Oct. 12th and a 2x Life Skills event running until Oct. 20th.  The life skill event includes Hillwen and Shyllien skills as well.  There's also a scheduled 100% repair event that should run Oct. 16th to Oct. 18.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: October 13, 2015, 07:36:01 am »

Its so quiet in the guild :c

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: October 22, 2015, 07:12:27 pm »

Halloween events started up yesterday:

The Cursed Labrynth:
Same as the last two years with updated rewards.

New Rock/Paper/Scissors event:
Win by losing.  Collect titles.  If you get to 200 “losses” you have the choice of a Halloween themed swing chair or a pumpkin seal pet.

Attendence Event:
Some items of note include a 2x Life Skill potion, a 2x All Skills potion, around 140 AP, and a penguin pet for all 28 days.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: January 29, 2016, 02:25:52 am »

So I stumbled on this on steam and decided to give it a try.

I'm sorry...I wanted to like this, I tried to like this...but the game tries very hard to make you not like. The interface is HORRIBLE. Text scrollbars sized so that only half a sentence is visible and 80% of the text requires scrolling. Popup notices that pop up on top of other popups, gaudy menu borders that come and go...it's terrible.

The input is almost as bad. No camerea auto-follow? I couldn't find one. No option to instantly display the terribly ...s..............l.............o.........w.............  ...t...e...x...t...  ....s...c...r...o...l...l...i...n...g.......? Couldn't find one. 1990s-era nintendo-style map design elements? Instead of walking up to a shop and interacting with a shopkeeper, or even smoothly transitioning from one area to another, you have to let go of the mouse button you've been holding down to move, and then click again on the exact couple dozen pixels to tell the game you want to go into the area your'e running into, only to then look at a loading screen for a tiny little room with nothing in it except one guy. So you then run up and talk to him, only to once again deal with that ...s...l..o..w... ...t...e...x...t... scrolling which you then frantically spam through lengthy descriptions of how effeminate the shopkeeper is before you then have to click a button to actually buy anything from him.

Even getting the game to run was a chore. After needing to create a third party account that requires setting up two different passwords to log in, the game insisted on crashing, requiring me to go chasing down on google how to get the game to run. Which, to be fair was very easy to find because people have been having the exact same problem for three years and it still hasn't been fixed. And after finally getting it to run, a weirdly long load time and painfully jumpy graphics despite being uglier and more pixelated than some games I played back in the 90s.

Quest givers that require you to manually click on them a second time after completing a quest in order to start the next quest. A "warp to a continent quest" that didn't bother to tell which which continent to warp to, and apparently only worked if you went through a specific one of the two interface methods to activate the warp. Help texts containing no-longer-correct information very obviously dating from previous versions of the game. The combat tutorial bugged out on me and I had to give it up because it kept telling me to use whirlwind, and every time I used whirlwind it insisted that no, that wasn't correct.

Problem after problem and nuisance after agony. I'm sorry, but wow, this game really wants me to not play it.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: January 29, 2016, 02:29:49 am »

Yup. Pretty much. It's clearly aged, and not very well.

There are other underlying problems with critical game systems, but I'll spare you since you've probably seen enough. I've pretty much moved on myself since DFO came back; barring some kind of huge revamp update, that'll likely be the end of my seriously playing this. Sorry.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3763 on: January 29, 2016, 02:55:28 am »

'tis an ancient, ancient game. I played it since I was in middle school like six or more years ago >_>

I hoped Mabinogi 2 would be a better version of this game's concepts, but it seems like it's not only a Vendictus-clone but also vaporware.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: January 29, 2016, 09:51:55 am »

Problem after problem and nuisance after agony. I'm sorry, but wow, this game really wants me to not play it.

Hah. Lucky you. I played it for quite a bit and one day they simply stopped accepting non american IPs.
A character i was building for months suddenly became completely unaccesible for me and the game won't even show on Steam.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252