No Poll

For
- 0 (0%)
Serious
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2012, 06:17:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 252

Author Topic: Mabinogi-On Steam! Close combat revamp!  (Read 357891 times)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mabinogi - Now with a B12 guild!
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2012, 01:04:51 pm »

Hey well, it works like this.  How's Mari going for you?  Got anyone good to play with?  Got any reason to get on Mari?

Got a reason to hook up with a Bay12 group on Alexina?  Much as you may have, it's all useless if you can't be motivated to play on that server.

Gasp, logic.

Really the only thing keeping me on Mari is the random people I find that like to talk, the fact I've got a lot of time (and real money) invested into it...
I will however, keep all this in mind. I need to stop distracting myself from working on my DF mod, heh...

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 16, 2012, 03:31:35 pm »

I've got real money invested in my chars on tarlach, and they're also a good bit more lvled then what I have on Alexina. I still moved for the b12 company though xP. Sure beats playing mabi solo. Maybe try out Alexina with a new char, sometimes a fresh start is good.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #302 on: February 17, 2012, 05:51:00 am »

Yeah, if you haven't made your elf/giant from allying with one of them yet then they can be on a different server then your human.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »

Yeah, if you haven't made your elf/giant from allying with one of them yet then they can be on a different server then your human.

Yeah I already did though...
There is that Destiny card sale. I might buy one and use it for Alexinia, so at least I'm not starting from complete barebones.

I'm not sure what I want to play though. Female giants look really cool in some of the giant armor... but a melee elf is fun to try as well. And then a warrior human is still fun, and gets to use a lot more neat armor due to the fact giants have, like... 5 armors, maybe.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2012, 05:53:12 pm »

Giants are alleged to get ego knuckles and brawler skills, which would make for a downright terrifying fighter that can score 6-hit combos strong as sword swings!  Then again, giants are pathologically unloved and don't get nearly as much equipment as humans or elves.  Although, if you skill it right, that ranged attack can pretty much kill anything in one astonishing blow.

Humans can use magic to its potential though, where giants get a lot of drawbacks on their magic, so take that how you will.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2012, 05:57:46 pm »

Giants are alleged to get ego knuckles and brawler skills, which would make for a downright terrifying fighter that can score 6-hit combos strong as sword swings!  Then again, giants are pathologically unloved and don't get nearly as much equipment as humans or elves.  Although, if you skill it right, that ranged attack can pretty much kill anything in one astonishing blow.

Humans can use magic to its potential though, where giants get a lot of drawbacks on their magic, so take that how you will.

Yeah true. Giants have almost no equipment... some of their giant-only stuff looks really neat though. Plus female Giants have... tracks of land. If you catch my drift. *buried in magma*

Humans are just always kinda fun though. I mean, they can do a bit of everything after all. They aren't the best at anything, but they aren't the worst at anything either. Plus they get Paladin! Or Dark Knight. But I don't personally like how Dark Knight looks... when you get Infrablack anyway.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2012, 06:37:31 pm »

DK isn't bad, got some nice skills, though I prefer paladin's look (and the great passive defense) I'm an elf so my falcon form is a badass arrow cannon.  One-shot the mobs and zero-shot the bosses, falcon elf don't give a damn about your HP!  Magnum spam an ogre warrior without using regular attacks LIKE A BOSS!  5 ogre warriors at the end of barri normal, forgot that I had like no arrows, took down 4 of them with 24 arrows total (6 each!).  Proper Falcon is terrifying, and the wound rate on archers is about the only thing that will deal with Iria's resting rooms (they heal HP, but not wounds).

Do love my elf, just sad I can't smith any armor for myself, since blacksmithing only produces heavy armor and elves can't wear it...

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 20, 2012, 06:43:47 pm »

DK isn't bad, got some nice skills, though I prefer paladin's look (and the great passive defense) I'm an elf so my falcon form is a badass arrow cannon.  One-shot the mobs and zero-shot the bosses, falcon elf don't give a damn about your HP!  Magnum spam an ogre warrior without using regular attacks LIKE A BOSS!  5 ogre warriors at the end of barri normal, forgot that I had like no arrows, took down 4 of them with 24 arrows total (6 each!).  Proper Falcon is terrifying, and the wound rate on archers is about the only thing that will deal with Iria's resting rooms (they heal HP, but not wounds).

Do love my elf, just sad I can't smith any armor for myself, since blacksmithing only produces heavy armor and elves can't wear it...

I bought a Giant Warrior Destiny. I'll use it sometime and stuff. I like elves and humans and all, but I never did play my Giant much because I was... lazy.
It's a shame elves can't use heavy armor though. They'd probably look pretty nice in some of it.

And yeah, I prefer Paladin look. And the story reason behind it. I'm not really much of a RPer in Mabinogi, but I still like to act out stuff in my head and do in-character justifications for things and my human, Atropos, I just imagine as being a good ol' adventurer type that does a bit of everything.
... Actually I probably have to regrind Blacksmithing PT jobs now because I haven't played in a while, groan.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 20, 2012, 08:52:37 pm »

Better to grind the blacksmithing job than to try and grind the levels on your own.  Really, until you reach about blacksmithing r9, you should only have a hammer.  No ingots or manuals, just use what Edern gives you.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 20, 2012, 09:25:43 pm »

Better to grind the blacksmithing job than to try and grind the levels on your own.  Really, until you reach about blacksmithing r9, you should only have a hammer.  No ingots or manuals, just use what Edern gives you.

Thats what I'm doing on my main.
I might do it again on Alexina but not sure...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2012, 12:15:23 am »

Well, we do have a guild blacksmith (me) so if you wanted to just make a request for equipment we could make it happen.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #311 on: February 22, 2012, 05:07:24 am »

Yeah and really, a ton of people are grinding blacksmithing, (as you'd expect from a DF guild) myself included so even if girlinhat isn't around for a while for whatever reason I'm sure you could find someone. She's easily the best in the guild as of now however, yes.

Annnnnd yeah, giants are prolly a bit under powered but not gamebreakingly so, you can definatly make it work, (is a giant). And to be frank, my opinions on giants being underpowered seem to be getting less and less valid every day as I find out more junk about them, soooo prolly take that with a grain of salt.

Annnnnd yes, knuckles are awesome, and if you wanna be a "damage dealer" as a giant, you really can't do any better. They'll be getting a (minor) situational nerf for giants in a few patches, though, as they'll take damage from will instead of strength, (Giants also get a shit ton of will). Take note though, one particularly rad giant only skill needs a shield to use, but it's also more tanky then damage deal... ey, so yeah.

Hope to see you buzzin around in the steam chat soon, always nice to have new people around!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 22, 2012, 09:27:43 am »

Mabinogi?  That's Nexon, isn't it?  I play Maplestory, which is also theirs, and if Mabinogi's anywhere near as good then I'll give it a try.  Is there anyone else here also plays Maplestory and could give me a quick comparison?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 22, 2012, 11:42:14 am »

I did send in an application, but I forget if I have to actually be online while someone in the guild is online to be accepted...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 22, 2012, 12:54:43 pm »

Mabinogi?  That's Nexon, isn't it?  I play Maplestory, which is also theirs, and if Mabinogi's anywhere near as good then I'll give it a try.  Is there anyone else here also plays Maplestory and could give me a quick comparison?
UNCLEAN! :P
Maplestory is really different from Mabinogi, I'd say. While the focus of MS is flashy over the top skills (cough 4th job mage aoe attacks, any of these new jobs grumble grumble) Mabinogi seems to have a more complex battle system where you have to remember what beats what so you're not spamming your strongest skill all the time, you're actually thinking through things.

Now I have a (dumb) question of my own: How do you turn the graphics down? At the default prettiness level it's barely playable for me.
And how's Maplestory now? Last I played was a bit after Mechanic came out and from what I heard it's ridiculoualy easy and the new jobs suck (all that work I put onto my 106 priest aaaa)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 252