Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Why Dwarf Fortress is better than the crap games you wussies play [CLOSED]  (Read 19336 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: Why Dwarf Fortress is better than the crap games you wussies play
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 04:47:34 am »

75. My axedwarf just got shot by a single arrow that pierced his arm, lung, pancreas, navel, appendix, and scrotum. He's still fighting, dammit. WHINE SOME MORE ABOUT THAT KNEE, WHY DON'T YOU?
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 05:08:38 am »

75. My axedwarf just got shot by a single arrow that pierced his arm, lung, pancreas, navel, appendix, and scrotum. He's still fighting, dammit. WHINE SOME MORE ABOUT THAT KNEE, WHY DON'T YOU?

wait... How??? i cant even picture that.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 05:30:01 am »

76. Dwarf Fortress accidentally the everything the all the time.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 05:53:47 am »

Yeah, obviously there was a second shooter somewhere.  Who was on the grassy knoll?
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 07:28:27 am »

It must of ricocheted of a bone... Twice.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 07:55:00 am »

"You get hit where you get hit. This may or may not cripple you for life. It may or may not kill you in one shot. You're dwarf just lost a leg. Suck it up, bitch. No, you're not getting that leg back. In fact, that creature over there is going to pick your leg up and beat you death with it. You won't respawn."
sigged

Hypersigged: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=Quotes.DwarfFortress and http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page/Quote&diff=159299&oldid=158719
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 08:09:04 am »

76. Because creating a game mod adding over a thousand new resource subtypes and several hundred new potential enemies, or a suite of new weapons that completely change the way combat is carried out* can be done by one guy who doesn't know the first thing about programming or 3D modelling.

* Well, if I ever get it working right...
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Troopperi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 08:19:00 am »

#77 You can pick up a bed, a corpse of troll, five sets of armor etc. and put them all in one bag.
I was going to change the name of battle axe to Dane axe but the I realized that there are no Danish in DF.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 09:39:15 am »

"You get hit where you get hit. This may or may not cripple you for life. It may or may not kill you in one shot. You're dwarf just lost a leg. Suck it up, bitch. No, you're not getting that leg back. In fact, that creature over there is going to pick your leg up and beat you death with it. You won't respawn."
sigged

Hypersigged: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=Quotes.DwarfFortress and http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page/Quote&diff=159299&oldid=158719
/Get added to a TV tropes page. Feel like an internet God.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 04:04:23 pm »

78) Puppies taste good. Kittens taste good. Minced puppy brain and kitten tallow roast tastes GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2012, 04:44:18 pm »

79.  FUS RO DAH won't work on these dragons.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2012, 06:02:13 pm »

80. The legions of fans are much cooler. Also morally deficient, sado-masochistic, and evil (I just realized that amounts to the same thing)
81. All the !!Fun!! you will have.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2012, 06:06:05 pm »

82. Yelling FUS RO DAH at these dragons is actually a very bad idea. They like to talk back, and will burn you alive.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2012, 06:07:47 pm »

83. Urist McMurphy's law: Everything !FUN! that can happen, will happen, and is attracted to the greatest concentration of booze, beard and blood.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2012, 07:17:55 pm »

84. Did your mother use her own children as shields?
85. Did your children survive being shields only to have their mother killed and then drown themselves in the nearest pond or throw themselves off the nearest cliff because they couldn't live without their loving mom?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5