Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tale of the elements RTD [Turn 2]  (Read 4079 times)

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
Re: Tale of the elements RTD [Turn 1]
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 07:13:51 am »

Edited both my action, and specialization into my character post. :)
K thanks! Just waiting for Andre to make the move. I will do your roll shortly
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 10:22:56 am »

''A treasure map... well it doesn't seem there's much worth left in this place. Money will allow me to hire builders to repair this place, which inturn can house farmers to farm the nearby land to which I can tax and get a steady income to further the kingdom.''

With that in mind, heading North.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 11:40:46 am »

Andre help us his hands...but his blade was ready to draw.

Action: Diplomacy!

"Friend, I'm just a halfling-these hands are too small to have destroyed your forest. Please-our people used to be friends. Let's not fight."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 01:33:41 pm »

Break it apart! Its within my element!

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tale of the elements RTD [Turn 2]
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 07:56:50 am »

Turn 2
This is where the real fun begins

Andre help us his hands...but his blade was ready to draw.

Action: Diplomacy!

"Friend, I'm just a halfling-these hands are too small to have destroyed your forest. Please-our people used to be friends. Let's not fight."

In an attempt to make a friend, [1] the elf misunderstood what you said. In fact, the elf took it as an insult. She starts murmuring to herself, before a wolf (3hp) shows up as well! Luckily, it used up its energy, so it cannot strike for now.

Lob its head off, loot the cavern
You charge at the gastropod, [6] vs [5] hitting its small, unarmored body for 1 damage!
The gastropod looks scared!
You try to loot the cavern while in combat, [3] and you manage to find something! But you cannot reach it while the gastropod is in the way! It strikes, dealing [1] vs [5] absolutely nothing, and hurting itself in the process! It will be weak next turn

Try to Heal that man! Then head south but after checking for lies first.
You attempt to heal the man [2] but his wounds have been cut too deep. He lays there falling unconscious: you believe you can save him, but you will need more time. Meanwhile, you decide to check whether the man was lying, and [1] are unable to find anything. You took too long to look and the man breathed his last breath before plunging his head downwards, dead.
You decide to continue south and [2] as it turns out the thieves were there! (5hp) They shout at you saying "You want your petty stone don't you? Too late! It is long gone by now!"

Chill it with frost, then stabby stabby!
You fire your frost attack at it [6=5+1] vs [5] hitting it for [3=1+2] damage! Your opponent is frozen, allowing you to strike once more!
[5] vs [2] hitting it for 3 damage, almost instantly killing it! The bear roars in complete pain, trying to claw you, but fails. You finish the bear off successfully, without it even hitting you! You gain 1xp!

''A treasure map... well it doesn't seem there's much worth left in this place. Money will allow me to hire builders to repair this place, which inturn can house farmers to farm the nearby land to which I can tax and get a steady income to further the kingdom.''

With that in mind, heading North.
Northbound says Mattias, and northbound brings [2] a rogue with armor! (4hp) who looks like he is looking for treasure. You fear he is looking for the same treasure as you. You don't know who is faster, so running for the treasure is out of the question. The rogue unsheathes his dual daggers, preparing to make mincemeat out of you

Break it apart! Its within my element!
You pray upon your ancestors and hope that today isn't your last. You charge forth, dealing [3] vs [4] no damage, and getting knocked back by the golem! You will be slightly weaker for your next attack
The golem slowly moves forward, hitting you for [6] vs [2] [7=4+3] damage! It is a critical hit! You fall to your knees, weak and suffering.

Spoiler: character sheets (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 08:06:10 am »

Attack the thieves, shouting curses all the way, fight hard! If down to one last, subdue and interrogate.

Tyrin swore against his own thought, anarchy was a cruel curse upon the land.

((Also, I had a Defensive Stalwart/Tactician in mind as my character, not Nature's second in command. Oh well  :P ))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 08:36:42 am »

Shatter it with magic!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 08:57:18 am »

Action: Strike down the wolf!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 12:35:18 pm »

Woot! I the bear slayer, shall continue southwards after butchering the bear.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:39:01 pm by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 01:02:16 pm »

This will risk losing any form of initiative.

Try to discern intent of the man (looking at his clothing and whatnot) to see whether this man kills readily or is simply one seeking his fortune.
If he seems a decent man that's a little nervous (thus explaining his violent reaction) offer a quick parley, to ask first hand what he wants to do with the treasure and in life.
If he seems like a murderer, use earthen magic to strip his armour.

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 04:46:58 pm »

Now that it knows its place, tame it.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 05:13:33 am »

Turn 3
Bad fighting skills 101
Action: Strike down the wolf!
You roll your right shoulder back, cracking it, before engaging with the wolf. You hit it for [3] vs [3] no damage
The elf calls the wolf back so she can attack herself [3] vs [4] and almost attacks herself in the process. Her arm is slightly bruised, forcing her next attack to be very weak
Now that it knows its place, tame it.
You try to tame the gastropod, [6] succeeding in gaining yourself a really bad pokemon companion to fight with you, only to have the treasure ingested by the gastropod. You realize the gastropod is stupid, just like all pokemon companions!
Attack the thieves, shouting curses all the way, fight hard! If down to one last, subdue and interrogate.

Tyrin swore against his own thought, anarchy was a cruel curse upon the land.

((Also, I had a Defensive Stalwart/Tactician in mind as my character, not Nature's second in command. Oh well  :P ))
You charge at the thieves with all your might! You yell FUS RO DAH and other really bad medieval curses before striking the thieves.
[1] vs [2] You hit it for no damage, only weakening yourself in the process. Then the thieves just laugh at your next curse, having a go at you for [3] vs [3] no damage. You proceed to curse.
Woot! I the bear slayer, shall continue southwards after butchering the bear.
You butcher the bear, eating its corpse and enjoy the fact that you actually have food in the cold winter.
You continue to journey south, [3] and find a wall preventing you from going South anymore.
This will risk losing any form of initiative.

Try to discern intent of the man (looking at his clothing and whatnot) to see whether this man kills readily or is simply one seeking his fortune.
If he seems a decent man that's a little nervous (thus explaining his violent reaction) offer a quick parley, to ask first hand what he wants to do with the treasure and in life.
If he seems like a murderer, use earthen magic to strip his armour.

You attempt to find out the mans true intentions [5] and realize he is really just looking for fortune. Before you even get a chance to speak, he speaks.
"I'm sorry. I think we got off on the wrong foot here. I don't intend to do anything bad, I just want some treasure. It will help my family members through this anarchy. Perhaps we can share the loot."
Shatter it with magic!
You fire your strongest, greatest and most powerful earth bolt in an attempt to save your life, dealing [1+1] vs [1] 2 points worth of attack, hitting the golem for 4 damage, and weakening it.
The golem, now enraged, hits you for [3] vs [6] nothing, and further weakens its power, dealing -2 damage on the next successful attack. (golem currently has 6hp)
Spoiler: character sheets (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 05:31:00 am »

Action: Fend off the next attack and try Diplomacy once again!

"Listen, this is a waste of time-why are we even fighting? Just stop and think a moment!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 05:36:01 am »

Feign weakness, then strike at the opportune moment, preferably to disable or maim.

Why did I ever think cursing would show them off...Maybe this would work.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 10:52:05 am »

Phew!

''I can do one better. My name is Matthias from the royal line of Drechburn. There is a run down castle just South-East from here. My goal is to re-establish a kingdom away from the anarchy and provide protection. Whilst run down, the place still has workable walls and can provide protection for your family and whoever else. So, I offer a choice:
We can split the treasure and part ways.
Or, we can split the treasure, to which you go and collect your family and whoever else, and arrive at the castle. All I'll ask in the meantime is you to work on making the castle useable in my absence. What do you work as?''
Pages: 1 [2] 3