Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cute Marriages  (Read 9563 times)

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
Re: Cute Marriages
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 04:14:02 pm »

You say that as if we're supposed to.

...and people wonder why our gods are so uncaring...

Maybe our world is a succession game.  Apocalypse is just when it's Satan's turn to play.

Nah, the Apocalypse is when the HFS is unleashed. They just switch off every generation. 

pokute

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 04:42:24 pm »

Or maybe our god turned off warnings and announcements and fell asleep.
If history wasn't written by the victors, humanity's failures would be self-evident.

Slashcko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 05:01:16 pm »

One just happened while reading this thread. A gem cutter and gem setter just married.

pokute

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 06:58:14 am »

One just happened while reading this thread. A gem cutter and gem setter just married.

Must've been one hell of a ring :o
If history wasn't written by the victors, humanity's failures would be self-evident.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 08:10:04 am »

Can you conceive of an engagement ring so nice that your entire civilization knows the story of the proposal?
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 06:26:33 pm »

Nothing like two hunters hitching up. Now they can slaughter innocent wittle groundhogs together!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 10:05:54 am »

Can you conceive of an engagement ring so nice that your entire civilization knows the story of the proposal?

Can you think of how pissed one would be if the ring was made with a gem they didn't cut/set? "Oh, I see how it is... my work isn't worth buying, huh?"
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 02:34:07 pm »

My starting seven marry each other. Usually I lock them in a little suite to make sure they actually get married. Sometimes, this takes years. Mostly because they akwardly stand at either side of the room and stare at the walls.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 09:03:47 pm »

I don't pay attention to marriages. I did have my first two legendary wrestlers die with the baby one was carrying blown to bits between them. I thought it was kind of sweet.

Goblin Bow wedding, heh.
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 11:07:02 pm »

Every single one of the couples in one of my forts has at least one military dwarf in the couple, mostly the female. Strange world my dwarves live in.

pokute

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 11:57:16 pm »

Every single one of the couples in one of my forts has at least one military dwarf in the couple, mostly the female. Strange world my dwarves live in.

Death by snoo snoo?

Freki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 08:36:26 am »

They never got to marriage, but I'm playing a fort in a world where dwarven civilization is extinct - no migrants, no caravans, only my seven. I also turned goblins slightly more aggressive - since I started, every season has had an ambush with no snatchers.

My first military dwarf was pierced through by three goblin bowmen, and the backup dwarf I had trained with Axedwarf at embark turned out to be his lover. She tore apart several captured goblins, and I saw her mangle most of a goblin before killing him when I sent her out to clean up the injured leftovers from my traps.

Eventually in her quest for vengeance she stepped over my main line of weapon traps and tried to take on the ambush by herself, with only leather armor, a no-quality steel axe and a no-quality steel shield, with skill only with the Axe.

They're buried next to each other far underground, next to an open portion of my magma pipeline - several Z-levels above is my bridge. They'll sit together for eternity, watching the occasional goblin ambush plummet spectacularly into the magma.
Pages: 1 [2]