Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, dear Toady!  (Read 83255 times)

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, dear Toady!
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2009, 04:21:22 am »

I went out to the kitchen to make dinner, and when I came back, the source had a big "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in it.  Scamps had already fled the scene.  No caps on, so maybe a dual shift + e onslaught?

I vote that EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE becomes the new error message for anything involving cats being where they shouldn't be.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2009, 04:38:15 am »

Maybe he thought the underground would be more threatening with a herd of elephants ?

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2009, 05:39:45 am »

Scamps has adopted ToadyOne!
ToadyOne cancels work: Play with cat
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:39 am »

D'awwwwww.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2009, 08:43:31 am »

Wait wait wait...  like I said it was an early birthday present, my birthday isn't until April 17th (note the dates in the early posts of this thread).

Threetoe and my parents, especially Threetoe, were set on getting me a cat this year whether I thought I'd be able to manage or not, and they found one.  There is now an eight week old kitten named Scamps running around and causing trouble here.  The speakers have already come down once.  As for the moved DF days, Saturday was spent cleaning my apartment and Sunday was spent shopping for cat goods and then orienting the beast.

Ohhhh, a cat! That's an awesome birthday present.  :D My mother's birthday present was a dog [husky] in the last year, she is still obsessed with that blue eyed little wolf.  ;D
Toady, if you can, make some photos about the kitten!  :)

*edit*

I went out to the kitchen to make dinner, and when I came back, the source had a big "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in it.  Scamps had already fled the scene.  No caps on, so maybe a dual shift + e onslaught?

;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:18:50 am by Tormy »

Stray Elvis (Tame)

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2009, 08:53:41 am »

Damn I like cats...where are the pictures? Happy birthday Toady.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2009, 10:11:20 am »

Luckily elephants are no longer really dangerous, else you would have been screwed!
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2009, 11:04:43 am »

A Kitten letting Elephants in?  Sounds familiar...

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2009, 11:08:06 am »

A Kitten letting Elephants in?  Sounds familiar...

OMG!!! We have discovered a conspiracy!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2009, 11:19:18 am »

Happy belated birthday :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:31 am »

Happy belated birthday :P

Actually, I think it's more of a 'be-earlied' birthday.  His real birthday isn't for another week or so.
Fefeshnelmargalip

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2009, 11:50:00 am »

Dear Mr Toady,
your games are so friggin cool, I feel the urge to wish you well at your birthday, even though I don't know you.

rawk awn rawr.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2009, 03:09:20 pm »

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Toady!
Happy birthday to you!

Now get back to coding. >:(

Kidding, kidding.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2009, 04:46:31 pm »

Everyone should be expecting more glitches along the lines of "Urist McDwarf has been happy recently. He has eaten oeintsgtonsldkjgnsdfgndgln damn cat, get off the keyboard lately."

... You have the source backed up in like seven places and back it up every time you leave your computer, right? Because we don't want any onslaughts on the alt and F4 keys or anything.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2009, 05:13:21 pm »

My father took these when Scamps came over to visit them.

The no-tail is part of his critter makeup.

The continuing effort to grow a proper DF beard for the DF meetup is ongoing, but stymied by genetics.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 05:25:51 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16