Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lets Play A Somewhat Modded Dungeons of Dredmor!  (Read 2909 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Lets Play A Somewhat Modded Dungeons of Dredmor!
« on: January 09, 2012, 08:30:46 pm »

Pretty much what the title says, though also somewhat interactively. I'll be using the DLC and Permadeath of course, But I'll let you guys pick the difficulty and whether or not we have No Time To Grind. Also the name, but if no one suggests a name with more than two votes I'm just going to use Aklyon.

Mods:
Essential DoD I&II(six additional skill lines)
Clockwork Knights (some items, some crafting bonuses, 1 additional skill line)
Cooliomancy (1 additional skill line, having it at the same time as Promethian Magic makes you a walking contradiction :P )
Encyclopedia Magica (some new items, a bunch of additional crafting recipes)
Megacrafts (A ton of additional crafting recipes, mostly to fill in whats missing from vanilla DoD)

Spoiler:  Skills Screen *BIG* (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:43:16 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play A Somewhat Modded Dungeons of Dredmor!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:36:52 pm »

If no one wants to suggest any skills, or difficulties, names, or Y/N to No Time To Grind, I'm just going to pick all of the above myself and start from there. Anyone have anything to say?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:48:18 pm »

I'd recommend normal difficulty, and I'm sure you've got Time To Grind. Mario for our hero's name just because of the It's-a Me! text for mousing over the character portrait. As for skills... I got nuthin.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »

The above. For skills, that clockwork thing, smithing, tinkering, then either the wand or potion skills. The rest to taste, though I suggest burglary somewhere in there :P

Craft your way to victory!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 06:28:20 pm »

Smithing, Tinkering, Wandcrafting, Clockwork Knight, Bushido, Assasination, and Berserker Rage it is, then.

We shall be Mario, the Crazed Samurai Clockwork of Crafting!
Update coming as soon as something interesting happens.

Spoiler: Start. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:36:31 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:59:40 pm »

Update 1: Hail Krong!

Slightly to the left of the entrance, Mario foundeth an Anvil of Krong, who then blessed us with a Firey enhancement upon our sword! Also some ingots and a piece a coal were next door, but that wasn't as important so he quickly stuffed them into his bag.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 07:11:57 pm »

Update 1.2: Argh!

Mario, lacking in food and not having his trap visor on because of forgetting to turn it back on, was sliced in two by a crude blade trap, then probably eaten by a diggle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Try again with the same kind of person and Mario II?)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 08:10:02 pm »

Name the new guy "a-Mario", to improve the portrait's accent. Other than that, sure, may as well play long enough to see the new skills.  ;)

(Also, technically you're missing the link to Cooliomancy - it's a duplicate Clockwork Knights link.  :P )

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:10:29 pm »

Yeah, add the a- and have another go at it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 08:14:31 pm »

I thought i checked that. >.>

I'll fix it in a few minutes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 08:59:41 pm »

Cooliomancy fixed, Onwards to probable death glory!

Update 2: Brax, meeting the first

a-Mario, having had three plastic ingots chucked at him a second before entering the dungeons, quickly turns them into bolts, since that would be more useful. He then finds Brax rather quickly, and inside a couple of outrageously expensive but very awesome pieces of Clockwork armor, among other things. Also two other expensive pieces that may or may not be clockwork.
Anything look good for us to come back for, besides the epicly priced things?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 09:03:21 pm »

Rings might have something decent in 'em (or at least a few more points of damage or something), gloves and pants if you don't find better before the level's clear, coal.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 09:08:20 pm »

Ring at the top has +1 sneakyness and trap sight radius, two plain copper rings (+2 voltaic resist), square ring has +1 magic power and enemy dodge reduction. The coal is a hematite.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 09:21:13 pm »

Update 2.1: Hail Krong! (Again with the burning!)
Again, Krong hath blessed the wakizashi with fiery power! This time it should be more resistive to a critical existence failure and not vanish as soon as a-Mario dies though, as it also was given +1 Existential resistance.

(Seriously though, wtf Krong. This is the third samurai in a row you've given some sort of flame to, though the first one actually set monsters on fire, not just fire damage.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:06 pm »

2.2: And then there was a Level up, and it was good.
Here's what we can pick from the two new classes, do I need a picture for the rest of the normal skill lines or do you guys know those/can find those easily enough? (Bushido line is rather good, haven't played too much with CK yet)

Going with Bushido.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:45:54 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2