Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Humans<Dwarfs  (Read 2102 times)

ninjabear53

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Humans<Dwarfs
« on: January 10, 2012, 09:52:12 am »

Is there a way you can switch between being dwarfs and humans because the past two forts i started made me start as humans the first one being in new Paramiters. i dont want to be no stinkin humans i miss my mighty bearded babies

nutzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humans<Dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:02:11 am »

Well, first you can't play as humans in an unmodded game, so you could remove the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag from humans in the relevant entity_default.txt file if you don't want to ever play as humans or just play vanilla DF.
Second, you can hit tab on the embark screen and bring up a menu to choose which civilization your starting 7 will come from. You can make sure to choose a dwarven civ there.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:30:53 pm »

Figuring out what race a civ is can be tricky, humans tend to have names with political words in them like confederation or empire, dwarves tend to have architectural names.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 06:27:21 pm »

Humans also tend to have towns show up in the areas they control and live plains and woods most of the times dwarves live in mountians and have Mountian Homes in their area just check to make sure.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34:00 pm »

Humans => Prone to Great Ambition

I might be mixing this up with another game, so its best you check it out yourself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 09:32:43 pm »

Once in a blue moon, humans are conquered by dwarves, then rise to replace every dwarf. It happens. You'll be stuck with humans in that world. Humans raised by dwarves. Generate a new world and see what happens. If it continues, you either have a messed-up mod or a duplicated creature.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 11:44:16 pm »

Or just add [CREATURE:HUMAN] to [ENTITY_MOUNTAIN]. There. You now have humans that play like Dwarves. Just check on your embark what civ you have.