Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "No Job" Dwarves not building constructions?  (Read 1006 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
"No Job" Dwarves not building constructions?
« on: January 12, 2012, 06:03:17 pm »

I have a bunch of idlers who have no job, when I have many walls and constructions needing built. They have architecture enabled, wasn't sure if that's what it was. What do I need to enable to get them back to work?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "No Job" Dwarves not building constructions?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:05:50 pm »

masonry is what you need to have enabled

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:06:31 pm »

Masonry and Carpentry are for building stone and wooden walls respectively. many constructions use furniture hauling or a specific skill.

the only downside is that your ACTUAL masons/carpenters need profiled workshops or product value falls through the floor.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:10:19 pm »

the only downside is that your ACTUAL masons/carpenters need profiled workshops or product value falls through the floor.

This can be fixed by fiddling with the minimum skill level required in the workshop profiles.

But yes, architecture only applies to designing certain buildings (e.g. bridges, roads etc), whereas other building tasks depend on the material used--masonry for stone and clay, carpentry for wood
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 06:16:26 pm »

Thanks for the info everyone, good to know. I'll just bump up minimum skill on my workshops which I usually end up doing anyway. Thanks!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper