Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Classic pc games on modern phones  (Read 15024 times)

TheCze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Classic pc games on modern phones
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 06:01:33 pm »

I was hoping someone made an XCOM port for Android as it could probably work quite well.
well there is a port of UFO: Alien Invasion and a simplified remake of X-Com called Xenowar.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 09:13:50 pm »

Thanks so much, I got a Android tablet this Christmas and this thread is just what I needed.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 11:57:38 pm »

Can't forget about GemRB, which makes Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (and soon, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Plancescape Torment) playable on Android: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=91
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 01:10:49 am »

how does one go about porting to ARM processors? Is it (relatively) straightforward to do?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 02:21:17 am »

Thanks so much, I got a Android tablet this Christmas and this thread is just what I needed.

Yeah, echoing this exact sentiment. X-Com and Ur-Quan Masters seem like a better use of my Tablet time than Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 06:09:42 am »

Can't forget about GemRB, which makes Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (and soon, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Plancescape Torment) playable on Android: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=91

Has anyone tried this out yet? I'm going to myself when I find my Planescape or Icewind Dale disks. I'm mostly interested if there is the possibility to zoom in as I have a 4' touchscreen and reading text to-scale would be challenging.

I found what looks to be a remake of Space Hulk on Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.templarselite&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLnRyZXNlYnJvdGhlcnMuZ2FtZXMudGVtcGxhcnNlbGl0ZSJd

iOS guys get Master of Orion 2! : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=99068.0 I'm jealous. I haven't seen any 4x space games for Android.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:24:24 am by Toady Two »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 08:54:09 am »

Yeah, echoing this exact sentiment. X-Com and Ur-Quan Masters seem like a better use of my Tablet time than Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds.
A...when you send a cruiser to a planet, how do you return to the ship?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 09:30:22 am »

Button 2 I believe. I'm unsure how to flee from combat though.

TheCze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 10:57:55 am »

Has anyone tried this out yet? I'm going to myself when I find my Planescape or Icewind Dale disks. I'm mostly interested if there is the possibility to zoom in as I have a 4' touchscreen and reading text to-scale would be challenging.

I found what looks to be a remake of Space Hulk on Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.templarselite&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLnRyZXNlYnJvdGhlcnMuZ2FtZXMudGVtcGxhcnNlbGl0ZSJd

iOS guys get Master of Orion 2! : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=99068.0 I'm jealous. I haven't seen any 4x space games for Android.
If I recall correctly the app comes with the possibility to download the Baldurs Gate 2 demo so you can easily try it outl.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 11:39:46 am »

You can play X-COM if you get the PSX emulator, the controls are somewhat OK.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 11:50:16 am »

There's apparently also a port of DOSBox for Android.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Malumium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 12:07:51 pm »

Don't forget GTA something!

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 12:15:06 pm »

Most games need a keyboard so I doubt it if it's viable.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 12:35:28 pm »

I really should buy a keyboard for this reason, and for Flash games. My tab has a full USB port, I wonder if a keyboard would actually work though..

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 02:18:15 pm »

I really should buy a keyboard for this reason, and for Flash games. My tab has a full USB port, I wonder if a keyboard would actually work though..

So basically you'll own a laptop with a touchscreen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4