Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ambusher skill and free leather armour  (Read 1709 times)

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ambusher skill and free leather armour
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:01:10 pm »

So on the wiki under the ambusher entry it says that any dwarf with ambusher being the highest skill will receive a set of leather armour along with the crossbow and quiver+bolts.

It also says that if the dwarf also has military skills than he will arrive with the equipment regardless.

I can't get this to work. I've made a new embark and I made the following dwarves:

One with Ambusher highest skill, and crossbowman a few points lower.
One with Crossbowman highest skill and ambusher a few points lower.
One with both Ambusher and Crossbowman equal in skillpoints.
One with Axeman highest skill and ambusher a few points lower.

None of those combinations produced a set of leather armour. The ones that had Ambusher as highest or equal to another skill had some leather armour, but not a complete set as described in the wiki, and those with ambusher lower than other skills got the crossbow and quiver, but no leather armour at all.

So what am I doing wrong?

edit: also just tried embarking with a dwarf that has only ambusher skill points, and still no leather armour. He had a leather helm, and that's the only leather armour he had.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:06:22 pm by guitarxe »
Feeling down? Click Here!

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
Re: Ambusher skill and free leather armour
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 12:24:21 am »

They'll usually get leather clothing and a few pieces of armor, meaning they aren't all that well protected. The real bonus lies in a free crossbow with around thirty metal bolts
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:53:30 am »

Hm, I guess the wording on the wiki led me to believe it'll be a full leather armour set.
Feeling down? Click Here!

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 01:27:30 am »

They'll usually get leather clothing and a few pieces of armor, meaning they aren't all that well protected. The real bonus lies in a free crossbow with around thirty metal bolts

Especially if it's steel.
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

Bognor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 03:16:56 am »

I've clarified the relevant section of the wiki article.  Folks, remember anyone can (and should!) edit the wiki if they find something wrong or unclear.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 04:54:01 am »

I've clarified the relevant section of the wiki article.  Folks, remember anyone can (and should!) edit the wiki if they find something wrong or unclear.
Thanks for the info  :D .

Dwarves only get set up in leather armor + crossbow and bolts if their Ambusher skill, and only that skill is the highest. Which means, it should be at least +1 stat above anything else to count. You do not need to put all 10 points into it, just enough for the above.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 04:56:11 am by Tiruin »