Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Timetraveling RTD Turn 13  (Read 29725 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Timetraveling RTD Turn 13
« on: January 15, 2012, 06:42:06 am »

Timetraveling RTD

Rules:
Actions in Black. Some roleplaying is required.
Basic d6 rules. Dwarf fortress health system.
A 5 increases the skill level. (lvl1= one 5, lvl2= 2  fives required). Only natural ones count.
For timetraveling everyone gives a date, place and setting. One will be chosen from each at random. The GM holds the right to veto any suggestion. Setting shifting will only happen if more than half the players agree. The timetraveling machine can only timetravel(unless modified), and needs to recharge between jumps.
Additional rules depend on the setting( ie you can learn magic in a fantasy universe, but not in the current( mundane future earh one). Though you can use your gained abilities everywhere(unless stated otherwise.

Updates:
As soon as everyone posted. At least one a week. 3 turns not posting and autokill.

Plot:

You find yourself in a room. A rather large room, in fact. It some sort of giant dome, with a circumferenence of at least 500 meters. There are no windows, and all the light is coming from giant spots on the walls, all pointing towards a single large machine, hidden under a plain white blanket. There's lots of other machinery in the room, as well as crates full of rations, an armor stands, high tech weapons, and other poorly guarded topsecret materials. Suddenly the truth dawns on you, you're in a topsecret governement facility. There are some scientist death on the ground, but you're sure you haven't done it, so it must be a plotrelevant freak accident. But why are you here , and who are you actually, and who are the other seven persons with you?

Suddenly a computer voice booms over the speakers:"Warning, Meteorite impact imminent. Earth death in 5 minutes. Have a nice day. Alarms go off,all the doors lock and numerous screens start showing a countdown. That solves the why  question.  You figure that you have time enough to draw two of the crates into the machine, maybe three if you're lucky.

Character sheet:
Name:
Nationality:
Appearance:
Good traits:2
Bad traits:1
Job:(What were you doing in the top secret facility)
Inventory: What do you take with you( 2 items)
-First action: What do you do now( Note: earth will be destroyed next turn, you can try to drag a third crate into the ship, but that might result in severe injuries as the base collapses).
-What does the time traveling machine looks like?
-Destination
-Time
-Setting(previously universe)

Time machine stats:
Supplies: none
Power level: Full charge
Damage levels: Undamaged
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:09:49 am by 10ebbor10 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Timetraveling RTD( 8 players needed)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 06:51:28 am »

Can I reserve a spot for about 3 hours?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 06:55:56 am »

Can I reserve a spot for about 3 hours?
I don't see why not.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 07:04:53 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Shaun looked around inside of the Time Machine, for he was sure that's what it was. Not sure how he was sure, but he was. He had just dragged his things inside, at least they felt like his, and now he had to ponder... What to do? Surely the others wouldn't take much longer, and then they had to go. He could feel memories slowly leaking back into his mind... Yes, he was Shaun O'Malley... Ah, childhood memories. He snapped back out of his memories, and moved around inside the machine. The controls were over here, yes, and there was a crawlspace under the floor. Of course, the door was blue in homage to a certain show he watched when he was younger.

Look around the machine.

Destination: Steampunk Victorian England!

(Aside from the door, I'll go with what others want on the look of the machine ^^)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:37:13 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 07:10:54 am »

Name: Tyrin Dain
Nationality: American
Appearance: Standing at 5'6", with a fair complexion and a well-muscled body, his eyes are a deep shade of brown and his hair is as black as coal.

His face is heavy-set, in the shape of a rectangle. His cheekbones are prominent.

Good traits:
Vigilant
Tactician

Bad traits:
Tech-Un-savvy

Job: UN Guardsman

Inventory (What crates I'll bring in.):
- Rations
- Weapons

The Time Machine appears as an inverted parabolic dome. Four, rough trapezoidal pillars made of a strange metallic substance arc towards the center, meeting above the ground at ten or so feet. They are dark silver in hue. Open space lies between each pillar. The point at which they meet holds a transparent crystal, it shaped like a triangular prism and it's tip is pointed upwards. At each side lay outstretched panels, connected by adamant cylindrical hinges and made of the same metal as the pillars. They seem to be of the same shape as the space in between the pillars. Half of those panels-- the outermost parts, are transparent yet you have no doubt that it is metallic; maybe for the allowance of light when inside, you guess.

There is a small panel situated on the inner side of the nearest pillar, it's casing is pried open and hangs ajar. On that panel is an array of buttons, 4x4 and color-coded for your convenience, but without any symbol, the bottom two rows are tinted blue and the top two are red. At the top of said panel is a display screen, on it are the destination name and time in red and blue respectively. At the bottommost part of the panel is a beige rectangular button, with the word "DEPLOY" in black lettering.

The whole structure is supported by a flat, metallic square. There are unknown symbols carved along the perimeter. Some sort of design perhaps?

Somehow, the destination is set to some landmass in England. It is set in the Victorian Era. In the Milky Way.

-First action: Restore morale among the rest; make sure everyone else survives (like helping those lagging behind.)

This alright? Also, is the description of the T.M. ok? I just pulled it out of hammerspace.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:17:45 am by Tiruin »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 07:14:42 am »

Reserve, will edit.

When you mean actions in black, you do mean Bold right? Some forum users use the Darklight format.

And...by traits, could you explain more. Or give an example Sheet?
I meant bold.( and black). No coloring you're actions in yellow or something that's extremely hard to read)

Traits are basicly things you're good at.
ie: Computer nerd: +1 to anything with computers
or Basic understanding of  Quantum physics : +1 to putting live animals in boxes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 07:34:18 am »

Alright, I'm assuming many things though.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 07:38:42 am »

Name: UNFM Captain Rhys Knight
Nationality: Welsh
Appearance: 5 ft 11, Stocky muscular build. Typical of a modern soldier used to lugging around heavy weapons. Short shaven hair, goatee. Dark eyes, short scar diagonally on top of head.
Good traits: Leadership, Problem Solving.
Bad traits: Agressive temper.
Job: Involved in testing top secret weapons.
Inventory: 1 combat uniform (helmet, boots, knife, etc), 1 standard issue rucksack.

First action: Get hold of the most dangerous looking high tech weapon I can see, and a crate of bits to go with it (ammo, maintenance gear, power cells, whatever), then get in the "time machine", waiting for someone with more technical knowledge of it than me to get us the hell out of here.

-Destination: Rome, Theater of Pompeii
-Time: 6 AM, March 15th, 44 BC
-Universe: Ours.
This is a blank sig.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 07:40:41 am »

Psst! Tiruin! You should cast your vote for Steampunk Victorian Era England! We can do cool things... Like get Steam-powered Power Armor... Or something! :D?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 07:47:14 am »

In! Character sheet soon.

Name: Thomas Fletcher
Nationality: British
Appearance: Tall and slim, Thomas has brown hair and generic features. Has no trouble fitting into a crowd.

Good traits:
Hiding in the foreground: +1 to hiding and general blending in.
What, this?: +1 to talking his way out of things
Bad traits:
I don't know how to use this!: -1 to using weaponry.

Job: Errand boy

Inventory (What crates I'll bring in.): Replacement parts for the time machine (You'll thank me for that later) and rations.

Going with Tiruin's time machine:
The Time Machine appears as inverted parabolic dome. Four pillars, made of some metallic substance arcs towards the middle, they are colored dark grey. The point at which they meet hold a transparent crystal that shines as you gaze at it. There is a small panel situated on the nearest pillar, it's casing is pried open and hangs ajar. On that panel is an array of buttons, color-coded for your convenience. The whole structure is supported by a flat, metallic square. There are unknown symbols or runes carved along the perimeter.

-First action: Get inside the time machine, start making tea.

Destination: The time of the dinosaurs! Earth! Our universe. Who wants to shoot up some T-Rex's?

I'm against steam-punk England, because they'll try to take apart the time machine, even though I really want my own airship.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:21:59 am by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 07:56:20 am »

Truly wishing to vote for a future time, if we go into the past we will mess with the timeline. Alternate Universe here we come!

Also, Schrödinger's Time Machine.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 08:04:58 am »

Truly wishing to vote for a future time, if we go into the past we will mess with the timeline. Alternate Universe here we come!

Also, Schrödinger's Time Machine.

The Victorian clockwork idea is set in another universe( which actually was meant to say setting) . So the clockwork idea is:
-Place: London
-Time: Victorian age
-Setting: Steampunk universe

And actually altering the timeline is the fun part of this game. You can't deny your own existence though because your future self can always set right what once went wrong, therefore rescuing your past self and preventing your present from vapourising in a puff of logic. You can change stuff though. Also, I don't control your character at any moment, so if you want to meet your future selves you'll have to arrange it yourself.(No abusing this though)

Character and time machine are ok. I'll throw everyone description together and go with what comes out. Am I right to assume it's just a crystal suspended over a metal plate by 4 pillars, with no protection to the outside environement at all.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:13:46 am by 10ebbor10 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Timetraveling RTD(3 players needed)
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 08:13:10 am »

Is the T.M. description approved?
I don't control your character at any moment, so if you want to meet your future selves you'll have to arrange it yourself.(No abusing this though)
"Hi, me."

"Who or what are you?!"

"I'm...you." *flat voice*

...Interesting.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 08:29:29 am »

Going into the past first to mess up the future sounds like more fun though. Hope no-one minds the duplication of "solder" characters. I see mine as a bit more of a random overkil/loose cannonl sort of guy rather than an honourable warrior/law enforcer.
This is a blank sig.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 08:38:47 am »

What happens to me if I go back in time to a point when I was, say, punching a T-Rex in the face, and give myself a gun. How would that work?

Also, just realized that we could go backwards in time half an hour and load up tons of stuff.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20