Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Timetraveling RTD Turn 13  (Read 29735 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Timetraveling RTD(3 players needed)
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 08:42:16 am »

Also, just realized that we could go backwards in time half an hour and load up tons of stuff.
Tell that to whatever comes next, paradox anyone?

If we get stuff before, then the stuff now becomes...what?

No Paradoxes please  :P

Hope no-one minds the duplication of "soldier" characters. I see mine as a bit more of a random overkill/loose cannon sort of guy rather than an honorable warrior/law enforcer.
Topsecret facility  :D . Anyway, I really wanted mine to be a Scout Ranger/Sniper, but due to the lack of info...

Hope this RTD would go well.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Timetraveling RTD( 8 players needed)
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 09:21:48 am »

Spoiler: Hilda J Wittgenstein (click to show/hide)
-First action: Locate and load a crate of food supplies.
-Happy to go with the majority on appearance but I think it should have a double- or triple-skinned titanium outer shell.
-Steampunk Victorian Britain (willing to also go for dinosaurs though)
-Earth
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:01:35 am by lawastooshort »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 10:00:11 am »

Name: Franz Herber
Nationality: Austrian
Appearance: Blonde with tanned skin.
Good traits: SNIPER CHARISMATIC
Bad traits: Slow
Job: Base Security
Inventory: Ammo and Guns
-First action: Load crap on!
-A large C-130
-Steampunk Victorian Britan
-1846?
-Earth
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 10:42:51 am »

-edit-

Eh, changed my mind. Spot open again. :P

Too many games on my plate right now anyway.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 01:22:50 pm »

We got 6 out of 8 players, if you guys want we can start now.

What happens to me if I go back in time to a point when I was, say, punching a T-Rex in the face, and give myself a gun. How would that work?

Also, just realized that we could go backwards in time half an hour and load up tons of stuff.
Info Time:
The trousers of time. Everytime something happens, an alternate universe is created in which that thing didn't happen(The universe copies itself and splits up into the legs). The timemachine you got is special because not only can it go back(and forth) in time, it can also escape through the hole in the pockets and into an alternate universe. So when you go backward in time and give yourself a gun, there would be a version of you that killed the dinosaur with a gun, and a version that never recieved the gun and just punched the T-rex on the nose, and that would be the real you.

As for going back in time to get more stuff there are two things that could happen:

1. Other security people detect you trying to steal hightech weaponry with a highjacked top secret project.( You die)
2. In case you survive, you quickly come to the conclusion that the timetraveling machine's power hasn't yet recharged and are obliterated along with the earth.

Players:

Kingfisher: Franz Herber
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
PLease specify what you want to load into the Time travelling machine.
Iawastooshort
Spoiler: Hilda J Wittgenstein (click to show/hide)
-First action: Locate and load a crate of basic food supplies.
First action: Get hold of the most dangerous looking high tech weapon I can see, and a crate of bits to go with it (ammo, maintenance gear, power cells, whatever), then get in the "time machine", waiting for someone with more technical knowledge of it than me to get us the hell out of here.
Name: Tyrin Dain
Nationality: American
Appearance: Standing at 5'6", with a fair complexion and a well-muscled body, his eyes are a deep shade of brown and his hair is as black as coal.

His face is heavy-set, in the shape of a rectangle. His cheekbones are prominent.

Good traits:
Vigilant
Tactician

Bad traits:
Tech-Un-savvy

Job: UN Guardsman

Inventory :
- Rations: 10
- Weapons: (Do you want to specify this?) for now:
         - 1 standard issue stungun(Unable to kill, delivers a 3 turn -2 penalty on hit, ranged)
         - 1 standard issue stunbaton( Identical)[/spoiler]
-First action: Restore morale among the rest; make sure everyone else survives (like helping those lagging behind.)
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
The Time travelling machine( We need a name for this thing)

The Time Machine appears as an inverted parabolic dome. Four, rough trapezoidal pillars made of a strange metallic substance arc towards the center, meeting above the ground at ten or so feet. They are dark silver in hue. Open space lies between each pillar. The point at which they meet holds a transparent crystal, it shaped like a triangular prism and it's tip is pointed upwards. At each side lay outstretched panels, connected by adamant cylindrical hinges and made of the same metal as the pillars. They seem to be of the same shape as the space in between the pillars. Half of those panels-- the outermost parts, are transparent yet you have no doubt that it is metallic; maybe for the allowance of light when inside, you guess.

There is a small panel situated on the inner side of the nearest pillar, it's casing is pried open and hangs ajar. On that panel is an array of buttons, 4x4 and color-coded for your convenience, but without any symbol, the bottom two rows are tinted blue and the top two are red. At the top of said panel is a display screen, on it are the destination name and time in red and blue respectively. At the bottommost part of the panel is a beige rectangular button, with the word "DEPLOY" in black lettering.

The whole structure is supported by a flat, metallic square. There are unknown symbols carved along the perimeter. The whole thing is wrapped up in a crude layer of Titanium plates. It is not at all airtight and there are multpile holes through which one can see the outside. The entrance is a door for an ancient blue police box.

-Destination:
Britain(4)
Pompei
Pangea
Time:
-Victorian(4)
-Prehistoric
-44BC
Universe:
-Steampunk(4)
-Ours(2)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:29:44 am by 10ebbor10 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 01:59:10 pm »

Ooh can I change my vote to normal victorian England universe to be awkward?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Timetraveling RTD(2 players needed)
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 02:06:13 pm »

Ooh can I change my vote to normal victorian England universe to be awkward?
You can. But the destination is chosen by random pick from the options. ( So yes  steampunk prehistoric Pompei is an option.0

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Timetraveling RTD(2 players needed)
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 03:06:00 pm »

Drag two crates aboard: One of medical supplies, and one of repair parts for the time machine.
Destination: Scotland. It's funnier that way.
Time: Victorian
Setting: Steampunk

Name the machine Epoch.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Timetraveling RTD (Last spot)
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »

Spot reserve!
Edit: ARGH MISSED IT
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:28:19 pm by Powder Miner »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 07:21:39 pm »

But... is there not a spot still left? o_o
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 08:48:39 pm »

Sniper and bullets.
The noble art of popping someone's head from a kilometre away.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 09:51:29 pm »

((Uhh, this is the official start or not? And I didn't know the Victorian Era was B.C.))

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 11:28:38 pm »

No, he's posting what everyone has voted for so far...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 12:49:07 am »

Spot reserve!
Edit: ARGH MISSED IT
In fact, you didn't. There's still one spot left.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:35 am »

((Hope I caught everyone's act, before something bad happens. Thanks for the clarifications everyone.))

Quote from: What those humans did.
Tyrin Dain, American (Tiruin) - Rally the others and make sure everyone makes it to the T.M. . Bring in some ration and unmarked weaponry crates in the T.M.

Hilda J. Wittgenstein, Luxembourg {European to put it very bluntly} (lawastooshort) - Load up loads of food crates into the T.M.

Shaun O'Malley, Irish (Talarion) - Load prototype weaponry and Experimental device crates onto the T.M. , Admire everything around it.

Rhys Knight, Welsh (MonkeyHead) - Get one of the powerful looking weapons, and it's ammunition or supporting gear. Get to the T.M. , whistle idly while waiting for someone more tech-savvy to haul us all out.

Thomas Fletcher, British (Superior_Tomato) - Haul up those M.R.E. Crates and some spare parts for the T.M.

{Unsure?}

Franz Herber, Austrian (kingfisher1112) - Help with the Loading! {Specifically, ammunition and firearm crates}

{Dwarmin - vetoed his character :( }

Edward Johnson, American (Nirur Torir) - Drag Medical and Spare parts, complete with a repair kit, to the T.M.

{Powder Miner - Unsure? No Sheet by the posting of this...post.}

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:56:28 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20