Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cyclope visiting me while I am completely unprepared... What to do?  (Read 3439 times)

mdqp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyclope visiting me while I am completely unprepared... What to do?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 01:43:37 pm »

The cyclope adopted an hit and run strategy against my poors migrants/suicidal squad, killing two of them... Now she is hitting to the head my speardwarf/newbie... With her sock... She is taking ages, but the poor guy is unconscious, so it's going to be bad for him...

Edit: She has been beating on him for a long, LONG time. He will die from starvation before she kills her... Merchants arrived, but they were too far away from the cyclope to engage it (she is hurt, my little troopers did some harm, after all)... What's more, they brought an ambush with them... And I lost another dwarf (2 killed by the cyclope, for a total of 3). The traps are in place, but the damn cyclope didn't move, so now I am stuck with the merchants... I hope they have some good stuff to trade, at least!

Update: The damn goblins stole my prize! I had been battling the damn cyclope the whole time, now they kill him!? WTF! And I can't get out of my fort, yet! this sucks!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:15:27 pm by mdqp »

mdqp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 02:45:31 pm »

Everything ended with the merchant guards taking care of the goblins (and one ended up in one of my cages). Now, I'll have to find a way to get my revenge on the prisoner! >:(

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 02:58:03 pm »

Small, 3x3x3 box with a 1x1x1 empty space in the middle, into which you seal the prisoner. Seal said 3x3x3 box into a 7x7x7 box, with a 5x5x5 space in the middle. Use a support to prevent cave-in. Fill 5x5x5 space with magma. Forget him. Problem solved!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 06:09:05 pm »

Small, 3x3x3 box with a 1x1x1 empty space in the middle, into which you seal the prisoner. Seal said 3x3x3 box into a 7x7x7 box, with a 5x5x5 space in the middle. Use a support to prevent cave-in. Fill 5x5x5 space with magma. Forget him. Problem solved!

Be sure to make the support magma-safe, and liking it to a pressure plate in some forgotten corner of the fort, and set it to only be triggerable by cats.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »

Be sure to make the support magma-safe, and liking it to a pressure plate in some forgotten corner of the fort, and set it to only be triggerable by cats.

Or, for added irony, by a cyclops.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 06:47:44 pm »

I'm not sure if megabeast attacks impede caravaans. If they don't
A.Let the guards kill it.
B. If you have wood make cross bows and bolts, then build fortifications to shoot through, this is proven defence.
C. The good stuff.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You meant MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGMAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
right?

mdqp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 03:46:32 am »

I guess the sealed box takes the cake!  :D

I just found magma, anyway, so I will try to build a pump stack (I usually fear fps dead, as my pc isn't exactly cutting edge technology, but I don't feel like separating the fort right now, either... This time I was lucky, though, and found it at around 60 z levels from the surface, so it should be possible). I will probably leave it triggerable by cats and leave a few pasturing around the pressure plate (I really, really hate that goblin right now, so I don't want to waste too much time waiting for his dead). I am guessing I will be able to re use the 7x7x7 box, once the "unlucky event" happens, right?

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:12 pm »

I would just make 5 squads of 10 dorfs. if they can grab knifes from dead kobolds or whatever, great. even then, a mob of 50 flailing dorfs can easily topple the big guy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 01:42:39 pm »

I would just make 5 squads of 10 dorfs. if they can grab knifes from dead kobolds or whatever, great. even then, a mob of 50 flailing dorfs can easily topple the big guy.

I have a military that works exactly like this. Except it's my entire fort, since there's no metal = No valuable dorfs :D
And the reorganisation is easy - they're all in squads of three, I just make them inactive if they suffer casualties that I cannot replace.
Pages: 1 [2]