Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I draw pixel art sometimes, here's some I made :D  (Read 357 times)

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • This elf's got some mad skills.
    • View Profile
I draw pixel art sometimes, here's some I made :D
« on: August 15, 2015, 04:27:53 pm »

This thread is
OPEN
again, because I now know quite a bit more about pixel art, I may still make some mistakes, but do not expect any more eye savaging :D

EDIT: I think this one is the best I've created thus far:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S: If you ever want someone to draw up some pixel art for you, just P.M me, I usually get on here whenever I have free time (Which I always have throughout the week) or when I'm done with a piece of pixel art :D

I like to draw me some pixel art, I draw item pictures for minecraft too sometimes, but I also like drawing some actual full pictures, either original ones or pixelizing pictures I like. I like showing my art to people, so that's what this thread is for, enjoy :D

All of the not-so-good stuff I made before I learned some stuff:

10mm Pistol from Fallout (Minecraft Icon)

Baseball Bat from Fallout (Minecraft Icon)

Fire Axe from Fallout (Minecraft Icon)

Frag Grenade from Fallout (Minecraft Icon)

Sledgehammer from Fallout (Minecraft Icon)

.44 Magnum from Fallout (Minecraft Icon)

.357 Magnum from Fallout (Minecraft Icon)

Dynamite from Fallout (Minecraft Icon)

9mm Pistol from Fallout (Minecraft Icon)

Pixelized Image of Vault Boy from Fallout

Originally made Mario sprite (Just for kicks)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:38:47 pm by XhAPPYSLApX »
If you like pixel art, you should stop by my thread, here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152598.0 , and please, enjoy it. I'm begging you, please... Pretty please?

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I draw pixel art sometimes, here's some I made :D
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 05:38:25 pm »

Here's something that is basically finished, but I'm going to touch it up a bit in a few days, enjoy :D
If you like pixel art, you should stop by my thread, here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152598.0 , and please, enjoy it. I'm begging you, please... Pretty please?

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 03:55:06 pm »

I made a small picture of an old wizard guy, enjoy :D

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 08:59:15 pm »

I made another wizard guy, but this one means business! enjoy :D

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 09:27:45 pm »

Ow. Ow. OW. My eyes!
You're doing it wrong. Like very wrong. I can't even call it bad dithering, simply because it's not even dithering at all, you just put checkerboard over everything and made it rape eyes. Also banding. Also pillow-shading, especially on the robe.
See what you have done wrong, like, most of the points in this post are present in your thing.

Also, you use a lot of gradients (especially in Minecraft sprites, especially dynamite), and that is pretty bad when it's pixel art.
Glory to Arstotzka!

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:47 pm »

Ow. Ow. OW. My eyes!
You're doing it wrong. Like very wrong. I can't even call it bad dithering, simply because it's not even dithering at all, you just put checkerboard over everything and made it rape eyes. Also banding. Also pillow-shading, especially on the robe.
See what you have done wrong, like, most of the points in this post are present in your thing.

Also, you use a lot of gradients (especially in Minecraft sprites, especially dynamite), and that is pretty bad when it's pixel art.

Thank you for pointing these things out, and I am quite amateur, just got started not too long ago actually. But I will improve with time and practice, this is basically a portfolio/timelapse of how I'm progressing. But again, thank you for the info, I will be sure to read up a bit (lot) more on how to dither. And I will come back when I learn how to do it better. Thank you for your constructive criticsm :D

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 09:44:32 pm »

Stuff I've been working on, enjoy :D

Fallout 4 picture (That's not quite finished, been working on my animation techniques :D)

A wizard dude, with a huge ass nose:

A knight that despite the name being quite stupid, I've decided to name "Svelt" why? because he seems like a Svelty kind of guy :D

And an elven bard: