Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blitz Dungeon  (Read 353 times)

Gamedragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Will never be Bukowski
    • View Profile
    • The Casual Writer
Re: Blitz Dungeon
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 04:02:18 am »

Attacking feels terrible. I really dislike having to wait so long for my attacks to come out. My suggestion would be to keep the charge attack and make it do more damage, and have tapping the arrow keys instantly attack but for scratch damage, and the player can use that as a way to keep enemies at bay.
Good point, adding that now.

Invincibility frames after being hit would be appreciated so that I can have a chance to disengage after making a mistake. Either that, or give enemy attacks a cooldown and a visual representation. As it is, if I walk into an enemy my health instantly drops to zero and I have no chance to react. Or you might make attacks knock the player back to keep them from getting stuck inside an enemy and killed.
Other people have mentioned a similar want, I'll probably do something about it.

If you hold the movement keys while walking into a wall, there is some ugly juddering that happens.
I've known about this for a while, don't actually know how I'm going to fix it. :-\

Either don't have the weapon icon appear when pressing an attack key and not holding a weapon, or add some kind of punch attack when you're unarmed.
That... Shouldn't be happening, it doesn't happen for me. No idea what's going on with you. I'll look into it.

Thanks for your feedback, it's nicely detailed.
Using very feminine and suggestive body language whilst tearing their throat out with your teeth. Confuse their boners even in death.
Sigtext
Blitz Dungeon, a game

GUNINANRUNIN

• Bay Watcher
  • \_( . ͜ʖ.)_/
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Dungeon
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 05:39:01 am »

I've known about this for a while, don't actually know how I'm going to fix it. :-\

Thanks for your feedback, it's nicely detailed.
I don't know the details of your code but perhaps this thread could help get you started in the right direction: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/709877/how-to-make-2d-sprite-character-stop-jittering-whe.html

No problem!
Pages: 1 [2]