Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Let's Play Fall from Heaven 2 (Civ IV): CONTINUED IN NEW THREAD  (Read 25195 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Fall from Heaven 2 (Civ IV): Ch.5 - Who're you gonna call?
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2012, 06:34:23 pm »

As much as it pains me to abandon our awesome-ish RNG streak. The epic timescale is too damn long. New mod/game
Exactly my thoughts.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2012, 06:44:32 pm »

I want to see you do what you enjoy doing the most, because that will net the best quality of Let's Play.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2012, 10:49:58 pm »

I want to see you do what you enjoy doing the most, because that will net the best quality of Let's Play.

This. And epic is not way to long, its the best timescale in the game.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2012, 11:09:10 pm »

This. And epic is not way to long, its the best timescale in the game.
We don't have eight years.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2012, 03:57:26 am »

Don't get me wrong; I'd absolutely love to play an epic-scale game as a play-by-email on a really large map, with 9+ other human players. For an LP, where I spend about 2-4 times as long doing the write-ups as I spend playing the game, though, an Epic-Scale game represents a pretty significant investment of my free time.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Fall from Heaven 2 (Civ IV): Ch.?
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2012, 05:10:22 pm »

Chapter ?: Intermission

Deep within the mana vault, in the Liches former lair...

Spoiler: AdvisorLog (click to show/hide)

Elsewhere, a glowing tear opens in the sky with a peel of thunder, disgorging a blue-robed man into the snow-drifts below, before closing behind him. A small ring of villages stands nearby...

Ugh, I think I bruised my everything. Lucky me, I landed in a snow drift... speaking of which, wasn't this all melted? And why does this all feel horribly familiar?
Ah, if it isn't Goodreau, mine old friend!
Lord Cassiel? But you're gone... you sacrificed yourself at the end of the Age of Ice to...
Nonsense! How could I be dead, when I stand before you! Thou must still be shaken from thine fall. To speak of which, I know not where thou discovered a working Obsidian Gate, but I am most glad to see that it brought thee here. Come inside and rest. I had hoped to have a word with some of my most trusted councilors...
Yeah lets... let's do that.

OUR LP WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE LINK...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:22:11 pm by Solifuge »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]