Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Gauging Interest: Space Hulk

(1/5) > >>

Sirus:
Space Hulk is a board game released by Games Workshop and set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. It features a small squad of Space Marine Terminators as they battle to survive the genestealer onslaught aboard a derelict clump of ships drifting through space. The action is turn-based, and very tense. Terminators have the advantage of ranged weapons and tactics, but the genestealers are nearly limitless in number and have the overwhelming edge in close combat.

Games Workshop has released three editions of the game over the years, and I was lucky enough to be one of the relative few to snag the latest one. Since there aren't very many people in my area interested in tabletop games in general, and WH40k in particular, I figured I'd try my hand at running an online campaign, a chess-by-mail sort of game. I would be GM and genestealer player, while fellow Bay Watchers would each be allowed to control a single Marine, and work together to complete the objectives for each mission.

Right now, I'm merely trying to see how many people would be interested in such a game. Please share what thoughts you have.

Xanatos Jr.:
Sounds cool, I've always been interested in tabletop games, but I've never had a chance to play them.

Kilroy the Grand:
I'd give it a try, never played wh40k. I like the fluff though.

Lorgath:
I got all excited when I saw the thread title, thinking you were going to do an LP of the dos game. Instead you've gone one better!

Played the first edition of spacehulk a long time ago, so I'd be glad to learn more about the new one. Especially as it's published by Fantasy Flight games who are a lot better at boardgames than Games Workshit are these days.

Xotes:
Well, heck, I'm always willing to engage in mortal combat for The Emperor, and this seems like fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version