Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: No plot. No sanity. Just dice. SEMI-HIATUS.  (Read 19327 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: No plot. No sanity. Just dice.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 08:55:05 pm »

((Enter the waitlist, Lyre Cardin as a Human Hunter armed with her trusty bow and arrows and quick reflexes.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:05:11 am by Tiruin »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 09:02:51 pm »

>Begin asking everyone in the entire tavern if they have a quest that needs doing. If they do not prove useful, knock each one out with the butt of the sword.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:52 pm »

Ask the valkyrie, death knight, dwarf, and person with a gauss rifle if they have any quests. They look to be the most interesting people in the tavern, and the most interesting people always have the most interesting quests.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 09:11:27 pm »

On second thought, give Vanitas a quest to retrieve my lost family heirloom, an ogre-slaying blade. Then ask the shady man for a shady quest.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 09:14:35 pm »

>Ask one of the poeple around if they have any quests involving ice.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 09:42:28 pm »

TURN ONE

On second thought, give Vanitas a quest to retrieve my lost family heirloom, an ogre-slaying blade. Then ask the shady man for a shady quest.

Roll:6 You give Vantias a quest! Unfortunately the sword is halfway across the world, deep within a dungeon filled with demonic spiders. He refuses. You go ask Shady man for a quest.

Roll:1 He not only refuses to give you a quest, he also throws your drink in your face!

>As if anyone's sheep needs shearing, and offer to do it at a discount price (lets say, 40% off the nearest other shearer's price).

Roll:1 The only sheep in the area are UNDEAD SHEEP. oooOOOHhhh. You try to shear them anyway. They don't like it. The Undead Sheep attacks!

Roll:5 The Undead sheep punches you in the gut! You retch!

Roll:6 You punch the Undead sheep in the head, crushing the skull and shattering the brain! The Undead sheep has been struck down! Yay! Uh oh, it seems that the Undead shepard doesn't like you killing his sheep. To repay him you shear all his sheep for free.

>Begin asking everyone in the entire tavern if they have a quest that needs doing. If they do not prove useful, knock each one out with the butt of the sword.

Roll:2 It seems that no one has a quest for you. You attempt to knock them all out with your sword!

Roll:6 You knock them all out with your sword. The pointy end. Ooops.

Ask the valkyrie, death knight, dwarf, and person with a gauss rifle if they have any quests. They look to be the most interesting people in the tavern, and the most interesting people always have the most interesting quests.

Roll:4 It seems they have  a quest for you. You need to go collect 20 bear asses.

>Ask one of the poeple around if they have any quests involving ice.

Roll:5 The death Knight calls you over, saying he needs you to put these bodies "on ice".

Roll:6 You spray the entire room with ice! The ice coats the walls, the door, the windows, the bodies, and the booze. The Death Knight tells you thats not what he meant but it works. It seems that the Ice is blocking the door! You need to smash your way out!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 09:45:39 pm »

Punch the shady man. Then ask again.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:53 pm »

The shady man is dead. The Death Knight killed him. Hmmm, funny that.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 09:48:37 pm »

Loot the shady man.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 10:04:30 pm »

"DARK GODS, I CALL UPON YE TE RAISE MY VICTIMS AS DARK MINIONS SO THAT I CAN BETTER CARRY OUT YER DREAD WILL! THE MORTAL WORLD SHALL FEEL THE AGONY OF MY SWORD AND THE PEACE OF UNDEATH! ARISE! AAARRRIIIIISSSSEEEE!!!"

>Attempt to raise the corpses as undead as loudly and boisterously as possible.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 11:01:42 pm »

I always end up with lame quests that involve a distinct lack of overkill.

I entered this tavern for a reason! Sit at the bar, take a mug, and inscribe it with combined Runes of Everfull and Ale. If it fills with a liquid, drink.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 11:16:13 pm »

Engulf the sheep in flames. Zombies can't feel pain, right?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 11:42:27 pm »

>Bash the ice on the door.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 12:07:06 am »

Waitlisting  as the Unreasonably sane cultist of the elder gods, armed with a 3.5 Edition Necronomicon.
(And conveniently posting to watch, to boot.)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 12:09:20 am »

TURN TWO

Loot the shady man.

Roll:6 You loot Shady man. By loot I mean pick up his body and shove it in your bag.

"DARK GODS, I CALL UPON YE TE RAISE MY VICTIMS AS DARK MINIONS SO THAT I CAN BETTER CARRY OUT YER DREAD WILL! THE MORTAL WORLD SHALL FEEL THE AGONY OF MY SWORD AND THE PEACE OF UNDEATH! ARISE! AAARRRIIIIISSSSEEEE!!!"

>Attempt to raise the corpses as undead as loudly and boisterously as possible.

Roll:1 Nope. Not happening. You do make a lot of noise though, and it seems that the locals don't take kindly to necromancy. They attempt to smash the door down!

Roll:5 Well at least you don't have to worry about smashing the door down. The angry mob did that for you. They surround you!

I always end up with lame quests that involve a distinct lack of overkill.

I entered this tavern for a reason! Sit at the bar, take a mug, and inscribe it with combined Runes of Everfull and Ale. If it fills with a liquid, drink.

Roll:4 You sit at the bar, grab a mug and doodle on it. It magically fills with a liquid!

Roll:5 It fills with the finest mug of ale you ever tasted! It also seems to be infinite. Sweet!

Engulf the sheep in flames. Zombies can't feel pain, right?

Roll:5 Well you light the sheep on fire. All the wool on their bodies burns off.

Roll:2 Unfortunately the Shepard wanted that wool. I believe that is usually how it works. The Shepard attacks!

Roll:6 The Shepard swings for the bleachers! It connects! You have been knocked unconscious. He loots your unmoving body. He steals your shears!

>Bash the ice on the door.

Roll:Auto success You sit back, relax, and have a drink with that wizard. He seems to have an infinite mug o' ale. Hmmm the Death Knight is surrounded by an angry mob. You settle in for a show.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FreeformSchooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: _DivideByZero_ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13