Monk 12
- 2 (5.7%)
The G.M
- 5 (14.3%)
Random Lurker
- 6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race RTD Supposedly Updated every 2 days Turn 32 The end ?  (Read 47098 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race RTD (Spots Open)(Updated every 2 days)(Turn 2)
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 12:09:56 pm »

Uh, what does the crew quarters roll influence? Could you please post all related information in OP?

Also, you misunderstood what I offered. I'm thinking about ditching the 'cheap fuel' perk and instead take 'one fuel unit allows 2-3 racing actions', if that is possible.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »

Uh, what does the crew quarters roll influence? Could you please post all related information in OP?

Also, you misunderstood what I offered. I'm thinking about ditching the 'cheap fuel' perk and instead take 'one fuel unit allows 2-3 racing actions', if that is possible.
Probably not, since such a thing would give you a very strong advantage. It would essentially double your fuel tanks, double your found fuel  and halve your fuel prices.
The crew quarter rolls influences the amount of crew you can have. Crew are useful for firing weapons, emergency reparations finding things. New crew can not be found but they can be bought at maintenance checkpoints and shops.

Edit:  Main post updated again. This time with more info.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:32:53 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 12:52:53 pm »

The Armadillo:

1: Large cargo bay, located just below the crew's feet.
2: Large fuel tanks, located below the cargo bay.
3: Non-existent crew quarters. It's a tank, the most we get is sleeping bags in an aisle way, though that IS the plan, so I guess it still get's a roll.

Basic: Bonus for cargo and fuel with poor on the crew quarters.
I dunno if we can do this, but I'm intending on having just two weapons. Issit possible to have the loss of the third impact positively on the rolls here? (If so, then have Crew Quarters get a standard roll with bonuses to cargo and fuel.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 12:58:49 pm »

The Armadillo:

1: Large cargo bay, located just below the crew's feet.
2: Large fuel tanks, located below the cargo bay.
3: Non-existent crew quarters. It's a tank, the most we get is sleeping bags in an aisle way, though that IS the plan, so I guess it still get's a roll.

Basic: Bonus for cargo and fuel with poor on the crew quarters.
I dunno if we can do this, but I'm intending on having just two weapons. Issit possible to have the loss of the third impact positively on the rolls here? (If so, then have Crew Quarters get a standard roll with bonuses to cargo and fuel.)
IF you don't want to use a roll( ie only two weapons) you can use that roll to do something else. So the weapon roll will be turned into a reroll of any preferred roll( new roll sticks).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 01:30:21 pm »

Wait-wait-wait. This completely changes my plans. I didn't even think it was possible to have several crew onboard. Can we only have 3 weapons? And with 3 weapons, but only one person onboard (myself), does that make it only possible to fire one weapon per turn, turning the other two useless?

Also, scratch my last rolls. I'll be redoing them once I get the hang of the rules. Do weekends count in the 2 days in the title? And finally, why are building rolls separated by turns if we can roll whatever we want in any given turn?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:37:00 pm by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 02:00:04 pm »

Wait-wait-wait. This completely changes my plans. I didn't even think it was possible to have several crew onboard. Can we only have 3 weapons? And with 3 weapons, but only one person onboard (myself), does that make it only possible to fire one weapon per turn, turning the other two useless?

Also, scratch my last rolls. I'll be redoing them once I get the hang of the rules. Do weekends count in the 2 days in the title? And finally, why are building rolls separated by turns if we can roll whatever we want in any given turn?
1. No you can have more. But nothing to silly please.
2. Not all weapons need crew to fire. Melee weapons don't(but they have a range of one, and you can't ram a boat or airplane with a tank), and weapons can be automated.( though at the cost of firepower/accuracy)
3. You should scratch them
4.Yes they do, next update monday. Though if you can't make it I'll retroactively edit your turn in.
5. To allow you to react to bad rolls( You can redo a part instead of building a new one), to other peoples rolls and to prevent me from having to do a gazilion rolls at once.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 02:20:45 pm »

2. Not all weapons need crew to fire. Melee weapons don't(but they have a range of one, and you can't ram a boat or airplane with a tank), and weapons can be automated.( though at the cost of firepower/accuracy)
Wait-wait-wait-wait-wait. 1) What does 1 range mean? That you can only attack the player next to you? But won't that happen like NEVER? 2) When are the attacks calculated? 3) In which order do players move? 4) Could we please have stats displayed right after we rolled our weapons? 5) Can any weapon be automated? 6) How many non-automated weapons can one person fire? 7) Can there be a minimal range to fire (for example, for bombardments)? 8) Doesn't forbidding tanks from meleeing boats and airplanes, but not vice versa, seem kinda disadvantegous to the former? 9) Are there any penalties for firing multiple weapons single-handedly?
4.Yes they do, next update monday. Though if you can't make it I'll retroactively edit your turn in.
Nah, I'm always here. I was simply worried about incosistencies in our timezones and it being impossible to clarify everything I want until the end of the turn.

And several non-weapon related questions:
10) What is food used for? 11) What will happen if we run out of food or fuel? 12) Do all non-melee weapons use ammunition? 13) How do we get money? 14) How does dodging work? 15) What does 'varia' in the weapon stats mean? 16) We can do any two different actions per turn, but only one of any given type, correct? 17) Does more crew allow you to do more actions per turn? 18) Can we add more armor to separate components? 19) Which are the specific advantages/disadvantages of different vehicle types?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:27:07 pm by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 02:35:00 pm »

1) 1 range equals 1 tile on the map. Melee weapons can't miss though, so it's sorta balanced.
2) Turn order:
- Repair actions/search actions roll 1 occur
- Weapons roll 1 occur
- Race roll1
- Race roll 2
- Weapons roll 2
- Repair/ search actions roll 1
3)All at the same time( so yes that means that you can blow each other up in the same turn)
4) Yes
5) Yes( they won't be as strong / accurate as they manual component)
6) Less or equal to one, depending on the weapon(
7) I can't see what's wrong with bombing yourself, so no( Yes weapons can have an AOe rather than targetting a single player)
8) Boats and airplanes can't melee tanks either.( They also can't melee each other)
9) You can't( Note: nothing stops you from using both rolls to fire weapons, that does mean you won't move that turn)
10) For eating: 1 unit of food per crewmember per day. Not having enough food results in a -1 for all rolls that need a crewmember.
11) a) See above
      b) You will switch to emergency fuel, which means you rolls are divided by 4 and rounded up
12) Yes
13) Specials roll. Also doing stunts or other awesome things( Basically any good roll combined with a nice Rp description and a happy Gm)  will net you bonusses
14) Hit roll vs dodge roll(Good dodge results in partial or no damage)
15) Any special effects your weapon has, be creative. Should have been misc.
16)You just can't do 2 racing actions
17) No, but you can do more repairing and fire more weapons at once
18) You can modify things to be armored, making them damage resistant( didn't quite understand it)
19) Other reactions to weather, other shortcuts and in the warzone the rebel military testing drones will target air/water or land
20) More questions?
Note: You can give orders like,
Roll1 drive until you reach PLayer X
Roll 2 Melee player X
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:48:54 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 05:52:25 pm »

Of course mine's the fastest. Da red ones go fasta

The Red Wrecker
Cargo Hold: Medium size, in the back behind the cockpit (or whatever you'd call it in a car) and with easy access so Luke doesn't have to stop to get something. Oh yeah, and cup holders.
Crew: in the middle of the vehicle to allow stability. It'll just be Luke in his seat, nothing extra . I'll take a reroll on the fuel instead
Fuel tanks: the gas part is medium, but the springs that run the kinetic part of the engine are pretty big so need extra space for spares.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2012, 09:32:26 pm »

You said +3 speed in the turn description, but gave me +2 in the stat box.  Which is it?

Darkling Shadow

Roll 1 [Cargo]:  The cargo is at the bottom of the vessel, with plenty of tiedowns and lashings to secure cargo for the trip.  It's slightly below average size to allow for more speed.
Roll 2 [Crew]:  The crew quarters is above the cargo, in the center of the vessel.  It's designed for comfort and luxury in a compact space to increase crew morale.  Average size.
Roll 3 [Fuel Tanks]:  The fuel, being explosive, is stored in a custom sealed tank with anti-explosive shielding in place near the back, designed to eject the tank in the event of an explosion.  Average size.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »

Alright, thanks for the answers!

Also, one last question, how do we exactly know how much crew we need here? Do we have to have a certain amount of crew to aid us in working our machine? Or can we just go solo here?

And edited mine.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2012, 03:57:10 am »

But can we, for example, search twice in the same turn?

21) Can we automate as many weapons as we want? 22) Which disadvantages, specifically, does automating a weapon create? 23) We can fire as many automated weapons per turn as we want, correct? 24) Do we specify a weapon's stats by ourselves or do you create them from our description?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 04:20:15 am »

But can we, for example, search twice in the same turn?

21) Can we automate as many weapons as we want? 22) Which disadvantages, specifically, does automating a weapon create? 23) We can fire as many automated weapons per turn as we want, correct? 24) Do we specify a weapon's stats by ourselves or do you create them from our description?
16)Yes
21)Yes( I have a feeling I'm going to regret saying that)
22) A automized weapon with roll 5 will get the stats of a manual weapon with roll 4
23) Yes
24) I create them from the description, though you may give suggestion( also good description might equal a misc bonus)

@ Tiruin: You can go solo. I just means you won't find as much when searching and need automized weapons(or fire them one at a time) and need to repair parts one at a time
@ Toaster: +2 You got a -1 penalty for being able to switch shapes

25) Has everyone posted their turn?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:33:20 am by 10ebbor10 »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2012, 04:43:35 am »

I have

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 04:45:12 am »

I think everyone did. I'll guess I'll start to roll unless anyone wants to make some changes.
If you were offline I can retroactivly edit them in.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41