Monk 12
- 2 (5.7%)
The G.M
- 5 (14.3%)
Random Lurker
- 6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race RTD Supposedly Updated every 2 days Turn 32 The end ?  (Read 47141 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race RTD (Spots Open)(Updated every 2 days)(Turn 2)
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 05:20:28 am »

Waaaaait, I haven't finished. One last question -
22) So, (automated weapon roll)=(non-automated weapon roll)-1?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 05:23:54 am »

Roll 1: Cargo space is located directly under the reactor in the middle of the tank. Not too large, not too small, just enough.
Roll 2: I may not need much uranium, but I'll need the equipment to store it safely. I'll take medium-size full tanks which are welded to the main reactor's sides.
Roll 3: A pair of giant robotic razor-sharp pincers mounted at the sides of the cabin that I will use as melee weapons.

Those are the finished rolls. I'm still not rolling for crew quarters.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:26:03 am by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2012, 05:24:40 am »

Yup. A roll 5 automated weapon is equal to a roll 4 nonautomated weapon
And yes I skipped your rolls for now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race RTD (Spots Open)(Updated every 2 days)(Turn 3)
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2012, 05:39:43 am »

Turn 2

Note: If anyone wants to change their actions because of rule clarifications, please do so.

Name contestant: Luke Prowler (Original, right? :P)
Reason: His family has a long history of racers, but after a legal dispute over thr rights of a logo, he could not afford the fancy speeders than have become common place. The AFWRC, on the other hand, allows for a lower standard.
Name vehicle: Red Wrecker Supreme
Stats:
-Ground
-Speed +5
-Cheap fuel(+2 to searching rolls, -100 fuel price)
Fuel: 8/8
-Cargo size: 50
-Crew:1

The Red Wrecker
Cargo Hold:[4] Size 50 
Fuel tanks: [2] : Your first fuel tanks aren't very big.
Crew Fueltanks: [4]: That's why you spent some extra time on them, seriously increasing their size(fuel 8 )

Name:  Toaster
Reason:  Toaster enjoys speed, money, women, and booze.  Since this race will cover two of the four, it's got his attention- and surely it'll impress the ladies, right?
Vehicle Name:  Darkling Shadow
First Turn:  Stats:
-Ground/water
Speed: +3
-Very expensive fuel: (-2 to searching rolls, +100 price, fuel is highly explosive)
-Cargo: 30
-Crew 1/4
-Fuel: 6/6
Roll 1 [Cargo]: [3] You cargo's rather small, mainly because you wanted to increase speed.(30 cargo +1 speed)
Roll 2 [Crew]:[4] You have space for 4 crew  members, including yourself 
Roll 3 [Fuel Tanks]:[2] Your fuel tanks are rather small

Name contestant: Dariush the Mad;
Reason: This world has gone for far too long without a suitable dictatorship to stir it's reins! But, barging there headfirst would be silly. So, I can use this race to test out my primary method of achieving world domination! They called me mad, they did! But I'll show them... Wait, I am mad. Well, I'll show them HOW mad I am! MUAHAHAHA!
Name vehicle: WorldConq Mk.1;
-Stats:
-Ground
-+1 armour
-+3 speed
-Very Cheap fuel:(+2 to searching rolls,-100 price)
20 cargo space
6/6 fuel
Robopincer:(melee,d2 damage)

Roll 1: [1] The cargo space is in fact definitly to small(20 cargo space)
Roll 2: [2] There isn't much fuel storage either(6/6 fuel)
Roll 3: [ 1] Your robotic pincer are a big disappointement, it seems you can't get further then a rotating stick

Name contestant: Connor Hasbin
Reason: Connor had a dream he did! A wonderful, beautiful dream! But that's not important! What's important is that in that dream he saw an awesome vehicle of awesome, and he knew he had to make it and race it! KNEW IT! Problem was, it was armed, which immediately put him in this death-race. Oh well.
His dream may or may not be the result of telepathy, alien tinkering or magical faries that are bored.
Name vehicle: Armadillo
First turn:
Type: Vehicle (tank) part boat.
Propulsion: Internal Combustion Engine! Antiques, yay!
Fuel: Diesal. NO WAIT! HYPER DIESAL. Lasts 8 times as long as regular diesal! I dunno, it's the future! Make it diesal of awesome, but it's diesal! It's slower but more power. DIESAL! (I can't look at the word diesal anymore and see it as a word)
Stats:
-Boat/ground
-+2 speed, Functions until Heavy damage
- Cheap fuel( +1 to searching rolls, -50 price)
-40 cargo
-7/7 fuel
1/2 crew.
1: Cargo [3] 40 cargo storage
2: Fuel [2] The fuel tank turns out to be rather small.(6/6 fuel)
3: Crew:[3] There's space for 2 crewmembers, including you(+1 fuel, 1/2 crew)
Name contestant: Tyrin Ferric
Reason: {Awaiting Plot!}
Name vehicle: Valkyrie

Stats:
Air/ground
Speed: 1(-1 but 1 is the minimum)
+1 dodge
Fragile engines
Cheap fuel: +1 to finding rolls, -50 price
50 cargo
6/6 fuel tanks
1/1 crew
Roll 1: Place the cargo hold in the midsection of the craft. Of smaller size to help with speed/mobility of the transport.[6] Your cargo hold turns out to be larger then expected. While you did decrease the size for increased mobility and speed, it comes at cost fuel storage.(50 cargo storage, +1 speed, +1 dodging, -1 fuel storage)
Roll 2: Crew Quarters (Including own) stretch from the fore to nearly half of the midsection of the craft, at the middle parts. Cockpit included. Small and cramped, but with amenities for comfort. To help with shifting from land-air and vice-versa.[1] Sadly, you doubt you'll be able to fit more than one person in here.(1/1 crew quarters)
Roll 3: Fuel tanks are mostly for the gasoline, the solar power seems easily supplied. The gasoline could be used at night or in emergencies. So the inner linings of the rear of the transport would carry the tanks, and maybe solar batteries to store power for night if possible.([3]You get 7/7 fuel tanks)
Name contestant: Jack Dendy
Reason: An adrenaline junky, Jack is currently trying to raise money to create a planet dedicated to a massive deathmatch.
Name vehicle: Starrunnner
First turn: A flat plane, the Starrunner is powered by three massive liquid fuel engines, running on hydrogen and oxygen. Fuel tanks occupy most of the ship's bulk, the rest is mostly weapon systems.
Stats:
Plane
+1 Dodge
+2 Speed
Very cheap fuel(+2  to finding things, -100 price)
40 cargo bay
1/4 crew
9/9 fuel
Roll 1: The cargo bay is in the bottom of the ship, near the center. It is optimized for speed, resulting in a small space with a low ceiling.[3] You're already small cargobay is made even smaller by the nescicity for speed(30 cargo bay, +1 speed
Roll 2: The crew quarters are in the wings, tiny rooms designed to take up as little space as possible. There is also a small kitchen above the cargo bay.[5] You crew quarters are excellently designed, providing excellent lodgings for 4 crewmembers and extre cargo space(+10 cargo, 1/4 crew)
Roll 3: The fuel is held in two spheres near the middle of the plane, they hold a moderate amount of fuel.[5]Your fuel tanks are hypercooled, allowing them to store a lot of fuel.(9/9 fuel)

Name contestant: Monk
Reason: (Pending plot, presumably for loot and or lulz.)
Name vehicle: The Zephyr Cathedral
Stats:
Air
Speed +3
Very cheap fuel( +2 finding rolls, -100 price)
Explosive fuel
20 cargo bay
1/2 crew members
6/6 fuel
Roll 1: The cargo bay is a large space near the fore of the ship, to support a great supply of whatever I roll at that step.[1] Your cargo bay is indeed quite large, sadly it's littered with supports, resulting in very few usable space(20 cargo bay)
Roll 2: The crew quarters are a small space near the engines, designed submarine style to house many crewmembers in a tiny area to insure prompt arrival of emergency crews.([2]You can only hope to get 2 crewmembers in here)
Roll 3: The fuel tanks are also large and located between the crew quarters and the as-yet empty midsection of the zeppelin([2]6/6 fuel)

Now on to turn 3, which determines Weaponry. Be creative and descriptive

You can still join if you want just post for turn 1  and 2 and 3
Also remember please structurize your post:
roll1: component 1
roll2: component 2
roll3: component 3

Also I'm doubting werether to continue the plot in the 2 sport-commentators-talking way or just in a standard third person description.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:23:11 am by 10ebbor10 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 06:07:19 am »

I think simple description would be best.

Question: 1) If all my weapons are either melee or automated, can I both fire everything and do two other actions per turn? 2) With 6 fuel I can go 30 tiles without need to refuel, correct?

Roll 1: A giant automated flamethrower mounted on the top of the cabin. What it lacks in range it makes up by it's devastating effect - if the flames touch the fuel, the enemy will have many more problems than a scorched backseat. It's also red, to instill fear.
Roll 2: A giant automated rocket launcher mounted above the reactor. It's primary function is long-range bombardment, but rockets are heavy and large and I can only take a few of them.
Roll 3: A giant automated... Er, I mean two automated. robotic hands at the sides of the reactor, with a large titanium plate mounted at the end of both. They can freely swing around and block pretty much any incoming projectile. (not a weapon, but a means of defence)

Also, could you please standartize the description of each player and instead of colorful description simply give a raw summary of the components of their vehicles? And remove that spoiler over Tiruin's. And add types near every vehicle, since half of contestans are missing them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:12:49 am by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 06:10:28 am »

Question: 1) If all my weapons are either melee or automated, can I both fire everything and do two other actions per turn? 2) With 6 fuel I can go 30 tiles without need to refuel, correct?

Roll 1: A giant automated flamethrower mounted on the top of the cabin. What it lacks in range it makes up by it's devastating effect - if the flames touch the fuel, the enemy will have many more problems than a scorched backseat. It's also red, to instill fear.
Roll 2: A giant automated rocket launcher mounted above the reactor. It's primary function is long-range bombardment, but rockets are heavy and large and I can only take a few of them.
Roll 3: A giant automated... Er, I mean two automated. robotic hands at the sides of the reactor, with a large titanium plate mounted at the end of both. They can freely swing around and block pretty much any incoming projectile. (not a weapon, but a means of defence)
Firing weapons still requires one action, even if their automated. Also , there are 3 defence rolls coming up in the turn after this turn.2) With 6 fuel you can go between 24 and 44 tiles whitout refueling.

Look at the stats part inside the quotes. There you got all the parts nicely summed up.
Done and Done
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:20:48 am by 10ebbor10 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2012, 08:02:06 am »

Agree.

((Wow, now it really reminds me of the Valkyrie ship... :D Edited my Reason for joining. And...I'm at negative speed?! Great.))

Roll 1: Twin automated Solar Cannons that fire a heated beam, located in between the wings and adjacent in direction to it. Mounted on a Swiveling Turret. Uses Solar power.
Roll 2: At the top/bottom of the ship's midsection, there are two autocannon turrets, able to fire in 360 degrees. They are automated, controlled partly through a Tracking device.
Roll 3: A Tracking device in the ship's interior, installed in the Pilot's console. This aids in the accuracy of weapons fired, and also helps locate damages in the hull or scan the nearby surroundings.

{1 - Short-long ranged, good rolls maybe lower the fuel needed to fire it or damage? 2- Same as one but focusing more on ammunition saved if good. 3 - Provides as a support weapon to 1 and 2, if good rolls then this also helps in repairs of the ship/finding items/compute enemy projectiles for evasive actions.}

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2012, 11:02:34 am »

(I quite liked the two commentators style personally...)

Ah weapons! Wonderful wonderful weapons. THAT part was hazy in the dream. Oh well.

Weapon 1: Heavy Machine Guns. It's anti-armour ammo can go through cars and low flying planes. It can harm ships if they're not large and overly metallic. That's the best case scenario. Chances are, it'll just be there for show.

Weapon 2: Torpedo's. Only useful in the water, it absolutely destroy's ships.

The weapon 3 roll shall be used to re-roll the fuel tanks.

The Armadillo's use of antique's is starting to get a reputation in the paddock. :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 12:07:55 pm »

Roll 1:  Primary Weapon:  The Longbow Laser:  A high-intensity laser shot designed to deliver a piercing blast to any target it can see.  It's designed to pierce through armor and puncture internal components.

Roll 2:  Secondary Weapon:  The Storm Missile Launcher:  A rack of missile that fire a massive number of small missiles at the designated target.  The missiles aren't designed to each do large damage, but rather to overwhelm any defenses they have and do damage as a group.  The more missiles, the better.

Roll 3:  Backup Weapon:  The Punisher Repulsor:  A melee-range repulsor beam that is designed to knock any nearby opponent away and either off the track or into obstacles, buildings, other racers, etc.  Can be fired defensively at incoming heavy ordinance- bullets and energy weapons are too small/immaterial to be affected.

If something is rerolled, which is used- the new roll or the better roll?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 12:09:25 pm »

Roll 1:  Primary Weapon:  The Longbow Laser:  A high-intensity laser shot designed to deliver a piercing blast to any target it can see.  It's designed to pierce through armor and puncture internal components.

Roll 2:  Secondary Weapon:  The Storm Missile Launcher:  A rack of missile that fire a massive number of small missiles at the designated target.  The missiles aren't designed to each do large damage, but rather to overwhelm any defenses they have and do damage as a group.  The more missiles, the better.

Roll 3:  Backup Weapon:  The Punisher Repulsor:  A melee-range repulsor beam that is designed to knock any nearby opponent away and either off the track or into obstacles, buildings, other racers, etc.  Can be fired defensively at incoming heavy ordinance- bullets and energy weapons are too small/immaterial to be affected.

If something is rerolled, which is used- the new roll or the better roll?
The new roll.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 04:05:51 pm »

Oooooh, now for the meat and potatos of this game. Two question: would an oil slick count as a weapon or a special? and would reenforcing the front of the car allow for a better ram score along side any defensive bonuses?

1: Four front mounted heavy machine guns
2: A wrecking ball (whatelse?) on the top of the car, controlled via remote control in the cab. Great for hitting those more armored targets, though it takes a bit of a swing up.
3: Reenforced Ram. Weaponise that speed advantage.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:25:15 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 04:10:47 pm »

Oooooh, now for the meat and potatos of this game. Two question: would an oil slick count as a weapon or a special? and would reenforcing the front of the car allow for a better ram score along side any defensive bonuses?

1: Four front mounted heavy machine guns
2: A wrecking ball (whatelse?) on the top of the car, controlled via remote control in the cab. Great for hitting those more armored targets, though it takes a bit of a swing up.
3: Spikes all over the car. Except the  doors, 'cause that would be stupid
Pretty sure it would count as a special. I'll try to keep armor and weapons apart to prevent confusion, so probably not.
I suppose the wrecking ball and the spikes are both melee weapons ?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 04:13:15 pm »

Yes

Edit: actually, for the sake of keeping my original plan, I'm switching out the spikes for a reenforced ram
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:24:21 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 08:36:03 pm »

Would a gun that automatically shot solid cylinders of steel into incoming projectiles be considered a weapon or a defense?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2012, 11:51:38 pm »

Oh man that was a poor turn for me. I may have to use all my rerolls on that one.

Weapons

Roll 1: Automated fighter drones armed with simple machine guns and fueled by the super-explosive kerosene to make servicable kamikaze missiles.
Roll 2: An artillery piece large enough to fire shells the size of a SUV
Roll 3: Machine gun turrets strategically placed to provide lines of fire in 360o - picture the laser turrets on the Millennium Falcon, scaled up to a flying fortress zeppelin.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41