Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Prosnorkulus the Allslayer! (FLASH MOVIE)  (Read 21017 times)

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prosnorkulus the Allslayer! (FLASH MOVIE)
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 09:17:46 am »

You know, its very similar in quality and tone to "Richard McBeef". When this kid murders some number of his classmates, everyone will look at this and say "Where was the intervention?" and "Why didn't we see this coming?"
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 09:31:59 am »

I think the humor of this needs a very p-p-p-p-p-p-r-r-r-r-e-e-e-e-c-c-c-c-c-i-i-i-i-s-s-s-s-e-e-e-e-e mind
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 12:36:53 pm »

I think the humor of this needs a very p-p-p-p-p-p-r-r-r-r-e-e-e-e-c-c-c-c-c-i-i-i-i-s-s-s-s-e-e-e-e-e mind
WAIT DON'T SAY THA-
The spinning battlaxe hits your p-p-p-p-p-p-r-r-r-r-e-e-e-e-c-c-c-c-c-i-i-i-i-s-s-s-s-e-e-e-e-e mind in the upper left empathy.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 05:42:26 pm »

When this kid murders some number of his classmates, everyone will look at this and say "Where was the intervention?" and "Why didn't we see this coming?"
Warning, trolling detected.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 05:46:33 pm »

When this kid murders some number of his classmates, everyone will look at this and say "Where was the intervention?" and "Why didn't we see this coming?"
Warning, trolling detected.
Whatisthisidonteven

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 12:16:40 pm »

If anything the kid ripped off Heavy Metal. Which in my opnion a rather good peice of media.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 12:53:40 pm »

You know, its very similar in quality and tone to "Richard McBeef". When this kid murders some number of his classmates, everyone will look at this and say "Where was the intervention?" and "Why didn't we see this coming?"

I agree completely. This video is sick and horrible and we shouldn't even relate DF and Dubstep together. Also Porksnokulus or whatever, the whole video was actually disgusting.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 05:17:36 pm »

... I seriously think you're all looking way too much into this.

The fact is, Gore sells. Tarantino's success is based mostly on that fact. His movies are always the occasion of seeing bloody dismemberment, torture, bloodshed and violence. I'm not limiting his work to that of course, but we humans have a deeply rooted obsession for gore, a morbid curiosity.

Violence to the extreme that this animation shows is to me just satirical. It's tongue in cheek.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »

... I seriously think you're all looking way too much into this.

The fact is, Gore sells. Tarantino's success is based mostly on that fact. His movies are always the occasion of seeing bloody dismemberment, torture, bloodshed and violence.

Also, foot fetish.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 07:37:12 pm »

No need to be so uptight. Indulging in a little fictional violence doesn't make someone a psycho. In fact, you could be a great person while simultaneously fantasizing about bathing in the blood of all who disgust you.

It's supposed to be a funny little flash with over-the-top violence. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine. But there's no need to be insulting to the creator.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 10:13:29 am »

In fact, you could be a great person while simultaneously fantasizing about bathing in the blood of all who disgust you.

Reeeally?

It's supposed to be a funny little flash with over-the-top violence. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine. But there's no need to be insulting to the creator.

I meant no insult actually. Criticism is not an insult if its honest.

My latest forts:

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 02:11:46 pm »

In fact, you could be a great person while simultaneously fantasizing about bathing in the blood of all who disgust you.

Reeeally?

I see you're new to the internet

If it's not constructive, then it's just pointless criticism, which shockingly some people find insulting :/

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 03:19:54 pm »

If it's not constructive, then it's just pointless criticism, which shockingly some people find insulting :/

I think is one of those rare cases where the work in question is so entirely without merit, that the only constructive thing to say about it is that the creator should talk to a psychologist. It may sound harsh, but anything else would just be cruelly enabling a self destructive pattern. Recognizing the problem is the first step to healing.

My latest forts:

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »

ITT: Cephalo visits newgrounds for the first time.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 03:24:45 pm »

I think is one of those rare cases where the work in question is so entirely without merit, that the only constructive thing to say about it is that the creator should talk to a psychologist. It may sound harsh, but anything else would just be cruelly enabling a self destructive pattern. Recognizing the problem is the first step to healing.

On bay12, a psychologist = legendary dining room
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4