Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Bluerobin Streams  (Read 25863 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bluerobin Streams
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:58:57 am »

Hey people, I think I've got my stream settings ready to go, so I'm going to stream for a while. Here's the link: LINK

Spoiler: Old OP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:42:20 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Stream! (it's down)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:43:20 pm »

Alright, I'm gonna stream for a bit in about 20 minutes probably. I couldn't get HoMM6 to work at all, so I'll probably just be doing more DF for now. Maybe some Impossible Creatures, Dungeons of Dredmor, or Skyrim if people want to see those instead.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:59:11 pm »

Alrighty, streamed for a couple hours and I'm off for the night. I'll probably do more this weekend!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 01:31:57 am »

Alrighty, time for a game some of you may actually not have played! I'll be streaming Breath of Fire 3 tomorrow starting probably around 10:30am EST. That's... 9 hours from now, but hopefully you can do the math for yourself.

On a related note, if anyone has a good time zone converter that will convert to all of them at once (bonus points for readability) that'd be great!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin Streams! (it's up!)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:26:17 am »

Ok, I think I've got things set up and working. I'll be streaming BoF3 for a couple hours now. Feel free to drop in!

http://www.livestream.com/robinsnest

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin Streams! (it's down)
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 12:47:20 pm »

Alrighty, two and a bit hours of Breath of Fire 3 and I'm done for now. We're off to a good start, stealing from the poor and killing a mother of three (as well as a whole bunch of local wildlife)! Join me next time when we meet up with a creepy guy in his shady hut!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin Streams! (it's down)
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:37:35 pm »

Ok, I think tonight is time for more Breath of Fire 3. I'm playing a little bit of LoL with a friend first, but it's looking like 7:00-7:30pm EST (about 30-45 minutes) for startup time.

Edit: Well that was a fun two and a half hours or so. We did some light breaking and entering coupled with ghost slaying, got beat nearly to death twice (and once more in a random battle!) and beat all the way to death once! Then some princess saving and graveyard shenanigans rounded out with hide and seek. Also, Urist/Ryu learned how to properly swing a sword! Join me next time when we follow the advice of some random kid and go "down the road."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:01:27 pm by Bluerobin »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams Breath of Fire 3! (it's down)
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

Oh and I meant to say thanks to Twi for hanging out tonight! Helped me out with a graveyard puzzle!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 10:08:58 pm »

Oddly enough playing Breath of Fire 4 really has made be appreciate how good Breath of Fire 3 was.

Somehow, and I don't know how, Breath of Fire 3 is better then Breath of Fire 4 in everyway I can think of.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 10:23:05 pm »

Haha yeah... after Breath of Fire 3 I had a hard time getting into the games that came after. I don't even remember how the dragon transformation thing worked in 4. And was there a town to help build? I feel like there has been in every other game (maybe not 1, like I mentioned I haven't played it in a looooong time and that was just the remake).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 08:48:04 am »

Dragon Transformations are not in 4, I am guessing the game has such a LARGE field of boring I have yet to complete it, you turn into a half dragon and the transformations are fixed (once again, didn't complete the field of boring).

Unlike Breath of Fire 3 that actually had a really cool system for it.

If they made another Breath of Fire the one mechanic I would love for them to take the "Shapeshifter" mechanic from Breath of Fire 2.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:49:59 am by Neonivek »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 09:06:27 am »

Ohhh right the half-dragon stuff. And yeah, I loved the fusion thing they did in BoF2.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 09:08:23 am »

Oh also, I realized it's been a week since I streamed, so I'll probably get going again tonight or tomorrow.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 06:52:24 pm »

Alright, I'm going to play a bit more starting at around 8:30pm EST probably (about 45 minutes from now). Come on over and see if we can find our friends when we go "down the road."

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams Breath of Fire 3! (it's down!)
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 10:40:24 pm »

Alrighty, got another 3 hours in. We got captured once and escaped three (maybe four?) more times, discovered just how well we could blow things up, met someone who blows things up for a living (and with a magic handcannon, nonetheless), and introduced the walking, talking magma onion! Join us next time where we see what people think of our wonderful little bundle of talking plant joy and hopefully bypass the roadblock meant to capture us again! Thanks for Twi, Simmura, and Thendash for stopping by!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16