Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: THIS IS FREAKING HARD  (Read 3649 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: THIS IS FREAKING HARD
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 05:39:26 pm »

I only made about two creatures right from scratch. One failed horribly asn didn't show up in it's biome from the 40d -> 31.xx conversion. The other was just a fun creature I made up to pit against Sanure's first completely custom creature

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS FREAKING HARD
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 12:15:25 am »

Back in 40d I made plenty of creatures from scratch, in fact most of my creatures were made from scratch (though creatures had a ton less tokens back then :P). Now days though, I have only made a small handful of creatures from scratch, most of which have taken much more work to get going then ones where I started with another creature as a base. With all of the various tissues and materials that you need to do for a creature, it really is easier to start with another then type out all those lines yourself. Plants I'll do from scratch, but creatures? No way.

Also as many others here have suggested, I think you should take a look at the dwarf entry in the raws and copy that, then work on changing it into what you want (or start with a tiger, or whatever creature you think might be closest to what you are trying to make).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 [2]