Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: WoodFall Mansion, before the Mystery.  (Read 4760 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
WoodFall Mansion, before the Mystery.
« on: January 22, 2012, 08:34:55 pm »

I was bored, so I decided to come up with something completely different.
This is a murder mystery. Not any murder mystery, but before it. This story takes place in the time-frame before the murder (also the year is approximately 1960-1970, please no outside world information, nobody cares about that, this is purely so you know what the technology is like.). Your job is to Simply live through the night (Did I mention you could be the murderer? or that you can be murdered? you can influence other to murder? Well, you can.) In fact, as I write this I have no clue who will die.  That is entirely the decision of you guys. Without further ado, let us see what happens, shall we?

A butler steps out of the way for you to enter the mansion.
"You're late sir."
"Err, right." You nod as you enter the main hall, a glorious crystal chandelier is dangling from the ceiling, and velvet chairs and furniture are placed neatly throughout the room. Out of the windows, you see the long and worn road leading to the village this manor resides above, trees lining the path, casting shadows onto the ground despite the sun shining above. there are two sets of stairs in this room, which meet at the top and an overhand allows several doors, one of which is a bathroom, and the other two are hallways. In the door to the left, it has all the guest rooms, with the grandmaster bedroom at the end of it. The hallway to the right is mainly storage rooms, with a janitorial closet at the end. there are many other doors and passages, on the bottom floor between the stairs there is a staircase going downwards, spiraling very deep. You have no clue what is down there. The door next to it is a lobby.  There is a ladder at a corner of the room, leading to the attic.

You head down the hallway, trailed by the butler. As you enter the master bedroom, there is a decrepit old man lying down on the bed. You are his nephew. Surrounding him are 7 people. Excluding the butler. There is Caroline - his vain daughter, Joseph - his eccentric son, Mary-lynn - his son's greedy wife, Alex - his other, kindhearted nephew, Victor - his foreigner butler (not the one behind you), Sabrina - his light-headed Niece (no relation to either nephew), and Richard - his optimistic son.
The butler behind you- nobody really cared to know his name. Everyone calls him butler, and he is almost entirely emotionless.
Last but not least- you. You're name is David, and you are incredibly schizophrenic. (where you guys come in)

You're uncle is dying, and this is his last day on earth, so he called all of you to come here for this day. If you did not come, no inheritance would be gained.

He opens his mouth, and speaks, much like a croak.
"You all are here. Perfect..."
Everyone was silent.
"As you know, this is my last day on earth."
"Don't say that!" his son sadly yelped.
"I know, as I have made a deal."
"With whom?" butler asked.
"The devil." he said, chuckling. With that, everyone looked at each-other, scared.
"You see, I simply gave him a deal he couldn't refuse. I told him that he shall make me die today, and I shall take one of you with me. Not necessarily at the same time, but nobody shall leave this house before one of you has been murdered. If you try to leave, you can't. The doors are under his spell."
Everyone gasped and started pacing feverishly.
"With that, everyone will get equal inheritance. Including my butlers, but if you are caught with murdering another, you shall obviously be stripped of all the money."
"but why!?" His daughter asked.
"I figured you all deserve this. All of you, greedily grabbing for my money and home. the only one i have regrets for appearing is Alex. You never asked anything of me." He slowly smiled, before dropping into his bed, dead. The light stopped shining through the window. Thunder crashed.

This would be no ordinary day, night, or even week. However long it takes, this will end strangely.

Alright, with the story now in your mind, all of you suggest what to do, say, or try.  I control all other characters, and usually choose a random suggestion from you guys ( remember, schizophrenic) And also remember, you don't want to kill someone out in the open, you will be discovered and they will readily turn you in for their inheritance. The moment someone dies, the doors can open. Yes, they seriously are locked with devil magic. I will actively choose the most hilarious suggestions.

So, what will you do David?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: WoodFall Mansion, before the Mystery.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:01:18 pm »

Eh? anybody?

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 09:04:27 pm »

Look at the family and see if anyone is eyeing you. If someone is, stare back.

Edit: it would also seem im the only one who sees this games potential, so it could just me Rp'ing David if you want.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:59:37 pm by Coolnesstod »
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:42:10 pm »

Others will notice it in time. Just relax and enjoy whatever happens.

you look at the others, Mary-Lynn is glaring at Alex, Caroline is trying to look away, but you see her looking at you with ill intent.
"This is just too much... I need to get fresh air." Sabrina headed toward a window, as she touched the handle for the window, she yelped in pain and hopped back.  She had a minor burn on her hand, nobody really is leaving.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:10:36 pm »

>Run out of the room, screaming gibberish. Once outside, continue running upstairs, at which point David should stop running and screaming and sneak into a room, preferably a large one with multiple entrances, and conceal himself as well as he can.

((By the way, this looks like it could be absolutely amazing. Looking forward to it.  :D))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:47:23 pm »

Geez, he's schizophrenic, not dwarven. Tone down the complete insanity a bit and I'm fine with it.  (not trying to be mean, its just that if he does that the survival chances are already lowered. Whether it be murdered or choking on own spit.)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 12:07:16 am »

((It isn't insane, it is a perfectly reasoned response. If the others think he is bonkers, and not in a violent way, they'll underestimate him. This also gives us the chance to pick someone off, if we build a reputation as a harmless, weakminded individual, and we can get them alone somewhere. Better yet, if we can get sympathy, we might be able to stick close to someone else and ride the whole thing out, or alternately convince them to help us commit murder and get away with it.))

3. Run Resize Enable

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 08:59:18 am »

(ah, that makes a bit more sense. The reason I got off last night is because it was around 12:00 and I was tired.)

You bolt out of the door, shouting "My muffins are not yet cooked! I must protect them from gremlins!" As you went up the closest stairway. At the top of the stairway, there is a room at the end of the hall, you know what it is, and you enter. It is a very classy and well windowed room, looking out in front of the mansion onto the town. You cannot see far because of heavy rain, and thunder claps every now and then. There are three doors, the one you came from, and two others at the un-windowed ends of the room. there is another door going outside onto a balcony, but you don't want to be wet and cold, and the onyl other passage there is a ladder going to the roof, where that's a dead end.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 11:35:55 am »

>Search the room for liquor and something we could use to defend ourselves/kill someone, preferably something we can conceal. Bonus points if they are one and the same.

3. Run Resize Enable

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 11:46:33 am »

You search drawers, cabinets, and generally around the room. All you found is a rusty screwdriver. You do recall there being an old antique broadsword somewhere in the attic...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 11:59:54 am »

((Thunderstorm. Broadsword. Oh, I see, very clever. But your attempt to convince me to turn David into the Highlander will not wo-))

>DAVID RUNS TO THE ATTIC TO CLAIM HIS BLADE OF DESTINY.

3. Run Resize Enable

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 01:36:39 pm »

(wait what? there's a reference? if there is, it's a total coincidence.)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 04:58:08 pm »

((You need to retroactively turn it into an antique claymore. There can be only one!))

3. Run Resize Enable

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 05:51:29 pm »

(2 things, you don't know where the sword is, just that it's in the really big attic. and I don't exactly understand what you're saying.)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 06:25:04 pm »

>Go to the attic and search it for the sword, taking the screwdriver with you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There can only be one! (will beneficiary)

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: [1] 2 3 4