Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Gruesome sculptures  (Read 7415 times)

Lavastine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gruesome sculptures
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2008, 02:36:00 am »

I would like to see leader specific abuse added, like parading captured leaders through towns and such.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2008, 03:31:00 am »

executions we need:

Ripped in half

Stoned

Put on a catapult and crashed against a cliff

Cooked alive and eaten

Tortured to death

Suicide before being executed

Dragged behind a horse untill dead

Buried to his neck, then drowned by the coming flood (ocean biome only)

yeah, that's all I can think of for now

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rictus

• Bay Watcher
  • still hasn't found any adamantine
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2008, 04:15:00 am »

There's gotta be something about magma too in there somewhere.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2008, 04:29:00 am »

Yeah, there is same race civ violence, and even squabbles between sites in the same civ for some of them, though that hasn't been fleshed out enough to be really interesting.  It didn't happen in these because they were pocket worlds (the war history dumps are easier to read in pocket worlds...  I think it was getting up to 260KB in small, and I didn't even try standard yet).
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2008, 04:41:00 am »

What happens to the leaders of conquered sites? At first I was thinking that demons shouldn't be able to be enslaved, but then I thought to myself that there would be nothing more awesome than a warlord subduing a demon, shackling it to a masterpiece adamantine chain, and then forcing it to work as the warlord's personal blacksmith for all eternity. (Or until the demon breaks free, at least.)

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2008, 05:16:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>Ripped in half</STRONG>
Bit similar to drawn and quartered:

quote:
Finally the condemned was beheaded and his body cut into quarters, one arm or leg to a quarter. How exactly the quartering was to be accomplished was not always specified, but on at least some occasions horses were hitched to each of the victim's limbs and spurred in four directions. An assistant with a sword or cleaver was sometimes assigned to make a starter cut and ease the strain on the animals. The remains were often put on display as a warning to others.
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2008, 05:51:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Arkose:
<STRONG>At first I was thinking that demons shouldn't be able to be enslaved</STRONG>

Yet, in the example we were given, it looked like the demon corrupted the conquering dwarves and turned them into evil creatures under his will. Even bugs are plain awesome in this game.

Same goes for the human who turned his back to the civ that put him leader of the conquered elven site : it looked like he tried to get his own kingdom, and failed  :D

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2008, 08:39:00 am »

What happens with the goblins if their demon dies in battle before they get a good general? Will they just send their armies under rookies or will they go passive?

Also, i demand blocks of "gruesome sculpture" as building material.

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Dae:
<STRONG>

Yet, in the example we were given, it looked like the demon corrupted the conquering dwarves and turned them into evil creatures under his will. Even bugs are plain awesome in this game.

Same goes for the human who turned his back to the civ that put him leader of the conquered elven site : it looked like he tried to get his own kingdom, and failed   :D</STRONG>

Yes!  Strange as those events were, they were also incredibly cool.  I almost feel like that sort of thing should be kept in, within reason...

"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2008, 11:26:00 am »

Well, it looks like at the moment conquered sites aren't really conquered and stay "goblin", "human", "dwarven", whatever is living in them.
So it COULD be awkward at times.
But I definitely hope things such as a demon corrupting invaders will be in  :D

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »

quote:
Suicide before being executed

This

Gibbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2008, 01:09:00 pm »

I want to see "died of internal injury by time spent in <race>'s enslavement "quarters".

Lawl.

When're sex-slaves and prostitution being made?

break cheetah groins on a daily basis.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

Firstly I thought that the text about executions is just for flavor and we can edit it like those text entries about "no family" and named-creatures yells.
But then Toady said that some examples have special conditions to be avaliable. I still hope that part of this could be modded someway, and I wanted to say that the "conditional" execution is much more than I expected from this release. Bravo, Toady!

[ April 20, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2008, 04:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Asehujiko:
<STRONG>What happens with the goblins if their demon dies in battle before they get a good general? Will they just send their armies under rookies or will they go passive?

Also, i demand blocks of "gruesome sculpture" as building material.</STRONG>

If i demon is killed it should posses whoever killed it and over the years transform them into itself, now that would be friggin awesome, a human kills a demon and returns home a hero 5 years later he goes into seclusion for a whole year and then emerges as the demon he killed killing everyone in the town and returning to his place in the goblin stronghold. And if you kill a demon in adventure mode you can either resist (and remain the same) or give in to it and become the demon although retain control. This would make fortress mode somewhat more intresting too if you had to kill the very dwarves that held back the demons lest they tear your fort down.

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by thatguyyaknow:
<STRONG>

If i demon is killed it should posses whoever killed it and over the years transform them into itself, now that would be friggin awesome, a human kills a demon and returns home a hero 5 years later he goes into seclusion for a whole year and then emerges as the demon he killed killing everyone in the town and returning to his place in the goblin stronghold. And if you kill a demon in adventure mode you can either resist (and remain the same) or give in to it and become the demon although retain control. This would make fortress mode somewhat more intresting too if you had to kill the very dwarves that held back the demons lest they tear your fort down.</STRONG>

Someone been playing Diablo around here!  :D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8