Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Gruesome sculptures  (Read 7416 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Gruesome sculptures
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by bigmcstrongmuscle:
<STRONG>

You can't really blame the gobbos much. In the interest of fairness, the only one of these behaviors not exhibited by Dwarf Fortress players against narrow green prisoners is crucifixion. Although doing all this to babies might be a little much for anyone trying to get elected.

I'm actually a little surprised nobody was cooked and eaten by the goblins or the demon.</STRONG>

we totaly have to propose this to Toady

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

SPARTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »

Good Lord.  I cannot describe how sickening this is.

PLEASE LET US DO THIS I WANT CORPSE TREE PLOX.

Maybe if you make something amazingly gruesome in fortress mode, all attackers will be demoralized and fight less effectively, or just flee like the bloody cowards they are.  That would be so much fun to watch.  Add in screaming goblin sound effects and the lulz shall flow.

You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »

Davion: Yeah, something like. Nail'em to a tree, that's what we should do with elves!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 03:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>Davion: Yeah, something like. Nail'em to a tree, that's what we should do with elves!</STRONG>

Elf diplomat cancels Being a whiny idiot, being crucified.

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 04:14:00 pm »

If we're allowed to build corpse sculptures, corpse gardens, skin murals, what have you, I still hold out a hope that when magic comes along we'll be able to make golems out of body parts and mud.  

I've ALWAYS wanted to play Dr. Frankenstein.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 04:19:00 pm »

You could use an entire army's remains to make some giant golem!  Like a Flesh Colossus, instead of a Bronze Colossus!
Shoes...

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

quote:
  Alatha Rainyact's body hung from Alder on Pig tail rope
  Ametha Peltshowers's body impaled on Chestnut pike
  Ketas Granitemessiah's body impaled on Chestnut pike
  Iyathi Sealsatins's body impaled on Chestnut pike
  ˜emeni Graspripe's body impaled on Chestnut pike
  Vadane Budbridge's body impaled on Chestnut pike
  Siga Summitfainted's body impaled on Chestnut pike  

I love the detail they go into what material the execution pikes are.

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

I'm still waiting for "Urist Paddlepulleys (dwarf) fed to carps".

ShunterAlhena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jusal:
<STRONG>I'm still waiting for "Urist Paddlepulleys (dwarf) fed to carps".</STRONG>

We have several "fed to beasts" messages.  :D

On the other hand, this is what makes DF so utterly amazing. Every creature's fate mapped out in sickening detail - not just some generic message "five killed". But where else could you even generate a fantasy world? Where else could you look up who lead a battle seven hundred years earlier in that fantasy world? Where else could you look up that on exactly what kind of rope was a common dwarf infantryman hang on seven hundred years earlier?!?!... And this is just a tiny fraction of a part of the game!!!

**** ShunterAlhena runs around praising DF and futilely trying to express just how impressed he is ****

fox has become enraged!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »

They prefer to use local woods for the pikes, but if they can't find any, they'll go through the trouble of importing some of their cheaper materials.  The trees they hang from are all local (if there are no trees, that option goes away).  "Fed to the beasts" is disturbingly generic, and I've only written a note down to make beheading check for a head, without actually doing it yet.  Same goes for burning alive, buried alive and drowning (they might be immune).  I don't think there are any creatures that are immune to being chopped in half though, so they'll always have an outlet once I add that in.  Perhaps they could try different things until they get it right, but most of the immunities should be obvious.

I noticed in the log that two elven babies were enslaved and brought to the human town.  Then when they were teenagers and the demon attacked, they were both executed, one of them by the demon.  It was quite unfortunate.  Let me look them up...

Baby #1:  Dipane Nutsdreams.  Born.  Enslaved.  Takes up residence in an apartment in Gemtruss.  After coming of age, becomes a ranger.  Forced to work in the fishery a year later.  Flips between fishery and farming a few years.  Executed.  Never married.

Baby #2:  Ricote Beanjade.  Born.  Enslaved.  Takes up residence in an apartment in Gemtruss.  After coming of age, marries Pari Weathervoices and moves into that apartment and becomes a farmer.  Becomes a mechanic a year later.  Three years later, executed.

Let's look at the marriage too:

Pari Weathervoices.  Born two years before Ricote.  Enslaved at age two in the same attack.  Took up residence in an apartment in Gemtruss.  Was a fish dissector for six years until being fed to the beasts by the demon.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »

Amazing.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »

You're the very first being to whom I ever think of saying this.
You're a genius.
An awesomely demented genius.

I just can't wait  :D

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »

This is amazing. The whole world is realistic, with millions of lives being ran through from birth to death...AAHH

Sagabal

• Bay Watcher
  • Komrade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2008, 06:42:00 pm »

quote:
  Rosmic Hollowattic (human baby) beheaded by Stƒsost Fellromances (goblin)
  Rosmic Hollowattic's body horribly mutilated

Well now that's disturbing.  I do love how it goes into detail on the execution method, what material was used in the execution, and who carried out the execution, as well as what things are done to the body after the execution.  Maybe when dwarves, elves, or humans do goblin-like things in a war, other non-evil civs could take offense?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8