Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: The other Homestuck RPG: Not actually dead yet!  (Read 28520 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
The other Homestuck RPG: Not actually dead yet!
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:09:46 pm »

Welcome! Before you even try, no, were not accepting. This is just to make the whole GM transistion thing a little easier for me.

As it my be common knowlage by now, Shoesand has stopped GMing the other Homestuck RPG, and given me the task of continuing it. Don't worry, under my great and magnificent guidence as your (Game)Master, I will always be completely fair and totally understandable! Not to forget my very Modest attitude! With me as your new GM, you will have a much enhanced experience. (Theres also some Douche called "The Fool" who thinks hes the co-GM, which I will let him intertain the posistion of)

And now that we have that totally not hypocrital, self-serving, and foreboding Intro out of the way, I have to say that were starting this from scratch guys. Sorry to say, but I think its best if we start a new fresh story for both our sakes. You can keep your characters though, and while you don't need to change any of them, I really recomend that you redo your intro and such. Keep in mind that what you don't say, I'll have to assume. This applies to Houses, Guardians, some Personality traits, Strife Specibus's, that kind of stuff.

Now, stop, I know your going over to the last thread to copa-pasta your last sheet right now. Even if your going to do that, at least keep in mind that you can also add Traits to your characters. These are "Special" properties that your character has, and can use in Combat and Out, depending on what it is.

Lets start by me engaging gloriously in more hypocritcy by copa-pasting my own character sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Edio is running an adventure based on the RPG which never updates. Check it out!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:04:02 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The other Homestuck RPG: Under New Management
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:05:59 pm »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:31:48 am by hubris_incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:35:03 pm »

Spoiler: Changed a bit (click to show/hide)

I played with the stats a bit, and changed chumhandles. There isn't really a need for 2 different ninja themed names when it isn't relevant.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:23:34 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:47:00 pm »

Spoiler: Statsheet (click to show/hide)

> Enter name: IRIS ASTORET

Your name is IRIS.

By the great GLUG do you love FISH.

Around your room is a multitude of FISHTANKS. Housed within is your EXTENSIVE COLLECTION OF CRITTERS. Between the fishtanks is the debris from your 16TH BIRTHDAY PARTY, of which ONLY YOU ATTENDED. You don't really feel the need to clean up yet, because no one cares about the CLEANLINESS OF YOUR ROOM. Besides, the walls are such a lovely SHADE OF BLUE that no one would bother looking at the floor! It's not like your PYTHON cares. All Roentgen tends to do is LOUNGE AROUND THE PLACE. Numerous CRT MONITORS are mounted in various areas or FUNCTIONING AS FISHTANKS. Your primary monitor is HALF OF A HUGE CRT MONITOR ON ITS SIDE.

You have an affinity for STUFFED ANIMALS as well. In fact, your bed IS MADE OF THEM. The majority of said animals are little-known MARINE LIFEFORMS that ONLY YOU KNOW ABOUT. How? Because you pretend that you have your OWN PERSONAL SUBMERSIBLE. You are actually a DARING UNDERSEA EXPLORER who plays with FISH. Your HARPOON GUN is located above your bed, but you DON'T PARTICULARLY ENJOY USING IT. On the other hand, you are a BEAUTIFUL MUSICIAN who specializes in playing the VIOLIN. As a DASHING HUNTER, you need to know how to USE A BOW- regardless of what kind it is.

You are NOT PARTICULARLY SOCIAL, which probably accounts for the LACK OF MANY FRIENDS. You make up for this VOID in your life by CARING FOR YOUR WEE LITTLE PETS. In your FREE TIME - which is really ALL THE TIME - you tend to STUDY ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY. In fact, you do this to the point of MAKING UP YOUR OWN MYTHS. Your chumhandle is tidalCadence and you speak in a manner that is quite normal unless you get yourself agitated~

What will you do?

> Iris: Pester chums.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:04:32 pm by Edio »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:49:48 pm »

Fool, just so you know, I think it would be awsome if you had a NAGINATAKIND Strife Abstratus.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 10:05:49 pm »

Fool, just so you know, I think it would be awsome if you had a NAGINATAKIND Strife Abstratus.

Maybe... ;D

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »

Spoiler: I'm here! Again! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:52:30 pm by ShoesandHats »

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 03:08:47 pm »

First of all...

Watson has seven brains now? Oh dayum. I just kind of thought Seth and Duncan were the smartest among them. Now I kind of resent him. HOW DARE YOU BE SMARTER THAN THE GRAMMAR NAZI?

Also: I think Seth's trait will be a problem, since the first words you learn in a language are the swears.

>Captchalogue fake plant

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 06:30:37 pm »

We seem to have lost a player in the transition.

When I updated my stats I wanted to have the machine building make sense. It's not like repairing a car since you need to invent things as you go, so I figured a high int score would help. So now I'm a brainy tank that's really slow moving.

>Realize that you're out of parts and cannibalize an older machine.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 06:52:37 pm »

The low agility doesn't really make much sense, seeing as you own all those ninja swords.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 07:01:43 pm »

He's a collector of fine weaponry. You don't need to be strong to own a gigantic warhammer (which I don't) in the same way that you don't need to be fast to own ninja swords.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »

Agility: 3
Brains: 5
Strength: 4
Persuasion: 3

Trait: Menacing: You scary, meng. You extra scary when you got your blades.

You are ZAN VESS, and your TWENTIETH birthday was ALMOST A MONTH AGO. Your BEDROOM is a modern, minimalist room that is SURPRISINGLY CLEAN despite your DISLIKE OF CHORES and LARGE AMOUNT OF COMPUTING EQUIPMENT. You have a number of INTERESTS. You UNIRONICALLY ENJOY watching A SHOW INVOLVING PASTEL COLORED PONIES, which you REFUSE TO NAME for COPYRIGHT REASONS. You have a passion for VIDEO GAMES of ALL KINDS, both because you LEGITIMATELY ENJOY them and because you are an ASPIRING GAME DESIGNER. You love to read SCI-FI AND/OR POST-APOC NOVELS. You have a mild obsession with DIGMAKE and GNOME CITADEL, and the LATTER'S FORUMS. You are a firm believer in TOLERANCE and ACCEPTANCE of the VALIDITY of OTHER PEOPLE'S WORLDVIEWS. Your chumhandle is shatteredDragon, and youspeak INA verystrange MANNER, with RULESTHAT onlyyou COMPREHEND.

You are dressed in a RED LONG-SLEEVE shirt and JEANS. When going outside, you wear BLACK MOTORCYCLE BOOTS and a CLASSY BLACK JACKET with a CHEQUERED GRAY CASHMERE SCARF.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:47:19 pm by dragonshardz »

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 07:32:40 pm »

I couldn't help but notice the s in Traits. Are we restricted to one?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:52 pm »

He's a collector of fine weaponry. You don't need to be strong to own a gigantic warhammer (which I don't) in the same way that you don't need to be fast to own ninja swords.
True, dut you also don't need to be a super Genius to know how a car works. Besides, didn't you say that your character wasn't to terribly good at making Machines?

You don't need to change your stats, I'm not evil enough to do something like that. I just don't think its worth crippling your character. Trust me, you will regret having just one Agility, because it'll make you REALLY slow.

Not to forget its kinda silly how more then half our players have 6+ brains :P

I couldn't help but notice the s in Traits. Are we restricted to one?
Perfered it if you stayed to one. I may let you have two if your second trait have sizable drawback, but I make no guarantees.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22