Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can historical figure demons of same type marry and/or get offspring together?  (Read 3901 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wondering. Historical figure demons who can rule goblins and humans sometimes appear in pair of two, for example, female and male mouse demon. But they never seem to interact together. Is it theoretically possible for two of them to meet and gain children? Asking out of curiosity and since semimega beasts and megabeasts can do it.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if you have uncompressed saves you can look at the demon RAW files.  I haven't seen anything to indicate they can't, apart from the extremely low likelihood of them meeting.  I can say that I haven't seen it ever, and I have generated a LOT of worlds. 

In gameplay, you would never be able to get them to reproduce unless they are of the race of your civ, or considered a tame pet. 
where is up?

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I haven't seen them to have breed ever either. Still, there has to be SOME reason there exists "Male rabbit brute" and "Female rabbit brute" while other demons are just "Black diamond demon" or such without gender being stated.(also, every demon defined by gender always has pair of same kind of demon but opposite gender...)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Presumably the only reason that the unique demons do not seem to procreate is that it is practically impossible to get two of the same into the same site. It may be possible to generate a pocket world with maximum demon types in order to improve the chances (as in, they should wander into caves where they might meet up - there's precious little chance of two of them getting into the same civ). And in the next version, it should be possible to create an interaction that turns people into demons (DEMON_5 through 7 seem to be usually good candidates for being unique demons). You know, I think I'll try the former now.

Wait, yes, CHILD tags. If the demons lack those, and i think they do, they wouldn't procreate. Well, let's try it anyway.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is it that civilizations often adopt them as leaders, anyhow? Now, don't get me wrong -- if extraordinarily violent, savage beings who pushed the limits of biological engineering (& probably the laws of physics) existed IRL, I'd sure vote them into office, but I can't see a lot of other people doing that. Unless of course the demons simply force their way into roles of leadership (AKA: "I AM YOUR GOD NOW; BRING ME YOUR VIRGINS!!11").

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you read through the legends, demons generally either just kill the current ruler (goblins) or impersonate a god (humans), or, in some rare circumstances (depending on their sphere alignment) through "force of argument" whatever that means. 
where is up?

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you read through the legends, demons generally either just kill the current ruler (goblins) or impersonate a god (humans), or, in some rare circumstances (depending on their sphere alignment) through "force of argument" whatever that means.

Ah. Well, "I AM YOUR GOD NOW; BRING ME YOUR VIRGINS," seems like a pretty forceful argument to me. There's also probably a little city razing & organ displacement involved to get the swing vote.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, demons do impersonate gods of goblins too.

They are also capable of creating position master among humans so because of that, humans/goblins are ruled by lawgiver or master.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Actually, demons do impersonate gods of goblins too.
Well, they would, if goblins had gods.

And even with max demons in a pocket world, it seems to be practically impossible to get two demons into the same site - no cave gets more than one demon, it seems (and the worlds are surprisingly peaceful considering there are tons of demons running around, but maybe that'll resolve better in a later version).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then why the heck my legends claims that some demons came to rule goblins by impersonating their gods?  :o

Also, should I ask Toady about this? I mean, its not that important but its interesting. I guess its possible that he plans to add them ability to breed but hasn't done it yet.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Are you using mods, perhaps? Any demons that impersonate gods in vanilla are impersonating human gods.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you using mods, perhaps? Any demons that impersonate gods in vanilla are impersonating human gods.

Nope, I don't mod games, I'm pretty sure I haven't checked wrong.... I guess I might be wrong, but where did you get your info that goblins don't have gods?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Nope, I don't mod games, I'm pretty sure I haven't checked wrong.... I guess I might be wrong, but where did you get your info that goblins don't have gods?

Goblins lack the religion tag in their raws under entity_evil

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I suppose its possible that I've have mistaken human civilization name for goblin civilization, but I doubt so. Still, not gonna argue since evidence points against me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Well, I suppose its possible that I've have mistaken human civilization name for goblin civilization, but I doubt so. Still, not gonna argue since evidence points against me.

Well humans have [RELIGION:PANTHEON], so you've probably just done that ;)

Or gotten confused with the thousands of Goblin symbols of war, baby snatching and incest >_>