Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unnamed Unrefined  (Read 1420 times)

palverz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • My dev
Unnamed Unrefined
« on: April 08, 2012, 09:00:50 pm »

Be Gentle In your judgements folks its a work in progress and I hope to take it a lot further.

It has no name yet right now its PotStoP and its inspired by a few games I have played.

palzdev.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:02:44 pm by palverz »

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Re: Unnamed Unrefined
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 09:08:10 pm »

Screenshots? Game description? Something to go on other than the vague knowledge that this is (or will perhaps be) a game?

palverz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • My dev
Re: Unnamed Unrefined
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 09:14:47 pm »

Lol sorry its text based only and no plans to make it more, (uses curses)

Its a game based on recettear(sp?)  crossed with some ideas from dwarf fortress and a few from disgaea series, of and a touch of LCS (for some of the code examples).

So no screen shots.

You run a shop, craft, and sell stuff I will be adding more features as I see fit and am very open to suggestions I am learning quite a bit as I go, Mod-ability will be important to the overall outcome I also intend to make the code for most the features able to be used in other projects I may one day do. I do this between living a very busy life so dev has been slow so far.

Edit:

The blog has a lot more info, on some what of the direction I want to go with it. I was going to avoid posting anywhere until it was a little cleaner but I need more opinions I think on some of the ideas and thought this would be a good place to find people who might be interested in that kind of game
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:38:10 pm by palverz »