Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No more end to the madness: infinite layers of hell! (spoileriffic)  (Read 3208 times)

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No more end to the madness: infinite layers of hell! (spoileriffic)
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 12:34:23 pm »

I know that Toady is going to add an afterlife to the game.  Perhaps as you went lower your troops would start to lose their hinges on reality.....   things slowly becoming stranger and stranger.

And I sort of don't like the idea of adamantine to be ruined.  It's the metal of the gods.  Maybe there should be one more metal but it would have to be totally different for adamantine not to lose it's flavor.  As the game is, the idea is that greed will get you eventually, but you don't know when.

So, I think that the more you walk around in hell the more difficult it should be.  They shouldn't have to make hell multilayered to keep it interesting.

Workable slade would be a pretty kickass other metal.  awesome for warhammers, not so much for cutting weapons.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 11:16:18 am »

I think a final boss that makes all of your civilian Dwarves that gaze upon go into a fell mood would be BRILLIANT :D

...That sounds too dangerous, but meh. What if instead of digging deeper... You built higher? Breach the celestial heavens :D!

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 07:40:48 pm »

Here is an idea I thought up, basically, nine progressively more difficult hells (Made harder by making the demons out of materials with higher statistics, perhaps?) and then perhaps a realm full of dwarven gods, for when gods get a bit more fleshed out then cursing people, and perhaps it could pose its own dangers, depending on the current dwarven pantheons, as in, if you have a lot of gods of pestilence, suicide, and such, you could get gods that are kind of cthulhu esque (Having bizzare, generally bad effects on dwarves, if not killing them.) but also the "good" ones that could have positive effects (Also, perhaps, having better effects from both sides of the spectrum if the dwarf worships the god/ess getting better the more "intense" a worshipper.) or who knows, but this is just a few not too well thought out ideas I had just now that I figured I would throw out here.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 08:48:43 pm »

Good demons? You make it seem like Toady would want to make hell a nice place.

Dig deeper - > Demons - > Dig deeper - > Bigger demons - > Dig deeper - > Bigger demons...

SHOCKTrooperM37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 12:14:54 pm »

I like the nine circles of hell idea.   I read through the wikipedia page on Dante's Inferno and got some inspiration not much, but some atleast on how to make the 9 circles idea a bit better. Instead of having 9 circles with progressivly difficult enemies that are in an identical order, there could be lets say 24 different circles each based upon a negative or evil sphere (eg. CHAOS , WAR or NIGHTMARES), the demons inside will be based upon that sphere.   At world gen 9 of the available 24 circles will be picked and put in a random order.   This means new hells can be generated to keep things interesting.   

We could go further and make things better by adding more to each circle.   There could be puzzles (or difficult constructions that need to be made while being attacked by demons) that you could solve and there could be a boss demon that appears after defeating a waves of normal demons.  There should be a treasure room that opens when you defeat the boss which contains lets say a piece of slade armour or a slade weapon and an adamantite floor that can be mined to open the next circle.   When you defeat a circle you should be able to build on it so you can make a forward base to invade the next one (although a few demons should appear from the edges of a defeated circle until hell is fully defeated)

The should be a devil or king demon as the boss of the last circle that should be created depending on what the last circle is. He should be really powerful, strong and you would have to find ways to inventive ways to kill him (like drawing him out an dropping an adamantite floor on his head or some thing) It would be better if all 24 possible devils were unique instead of being randomly generated so it would be easier to discuss how to defeat them and make a better canon in the game about hell so instead of trying to defeat hordes of random demon your fighting to kill each of these devils.   They should appear as historical figures in legends so you can know what devil you have.   I know this would be probably really hard to program and get rid of the bugs that will undoubtedly arise but i think it would be awesome. :)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 12:22:09 pm »

Nah, I'm clinging onto my randomly generated clowns with all the teeth I can find, they're so damn !FUN! :P

It's what makes them so difficult - you can only prepare so much.

sobriquet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 08:12:42 pm »

I like the nine circles of hell idea.   I read through the wikipedia page on Dante's Inferno and got some inspiration not much, but some atleast on how to make the 9 circles idea a bit better. Instead of having 9 circles with progressivly difficult enemies that are in an identical order, there could be lets say 24 different circles each based upon a negative or evil sphere (eg. CHAOS , WAR or NIGHTMARES), the demons inside will be based upon that sphere.   At world gen 9 of the available 24 circles will be picked and put in a random order.   This means new hells can be generated to keep things interesting.   

We could go further and make things better by adding more to each circle.   There could be puzzles (or difficult constructions that need to be made while being attacked by demons) that you could solve and there could be a boss demon that appears after defeating a waves of normal demons.  There should be a treasure room that opens when you defeat the boss which contains lets say a piece of slade armour or a slade weapon and an adamantite floor that can be mined to open the next circle.   When you defeat a circle you should be able to build on it so you can make a forward base to invade the next one (although a few demons should appear from the edges of a defeated circle until hell is fully defeated)

The should be a devil or king demon as the boss of the last circle that should be created depending on what the last circle is. He should be really powerful, strong and you would have to find ways to inventive ways to kill him (like drawing him out an dropping an adamantite floor on his head or some thing) It would be better if all 24 possible devils were unique instead of being randomly generated so it would be easier to discuss how to defeat them and make a better canon in the game about hell so instead of trying to defeat hordes of random demon your fighting to kill each of these devils.   They should appear as historical figures in legends so you can know what devil you have.   I know this would be probably really hard to program and get rid of the bugs that will undoubtedly arise but i think it would be awesome. :)

Adamantine floors wouldn't weigh very much.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 02:21:42 am »

what about (insert modded metal that weighs 5000000000X the weight of the heaviest metal here)?

this would be very good though, DF does get a bit boring when you start pwning.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 
Pages: 1 [2]